PrincessMelody's journey - adjustment #14 update! Now w/pics

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

turrrtlelove22

#76 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

So that expains the group of guys I saw at the mall wearing their sister jeans...hhmmm...Whatever floats your boat...

I got the 3 colors today...doesn't look to bad. I kind of thought it would be gawdy at first. Makes my teeth look really white actually... :D :D :D
LiFe iS A HoOt iF You arE aN oWL...O.o

Sept. 28 ~ Consult with Orthodontist
Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

PrincessMelody

#77 Post by PrincessMelody »

LOL, yes I have 3 younger sisters (17, 15, and 9) so I am quite aware of the current happenings in the teenage world. One of the sisters totally loves emo boys. It's hard not to laugh sometimes, but perhaps some of the stuff I did as a teenager was laughable to some as well. I remember Jordache jeans. VERY 80's, lol. I was a bit young to wear them, but my mom wore them.

I am keeping an eye out for those ligs turrrtlelove :D Curious to see and decide what I want in two weeks and change.
And, yes Denise I had an adjustment about a week and a half ago. Got a new wire on top. I can't see any movement with the uppers, but possibly a difference will be seen in the pictures. The lowers have made fantastic progress and my arch is almost perfect. That wonky canine has just a smidgen left to go before it is in line with the rest. I will be taking pictures this Friday at my 5 month mark and conveniently (again) 2 weeks after my adjustment. It works out fantastic, I think, for progress pics.
Check out my braces story by clicking the WWW
28 months and 22 days in braces
Now in an upper and lower Hawley retainer.

turrrtlelove22

#78 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

I posted a pic in the Colors section and in my update post...I haven't officially written a story yet...guess I could edit it and put it in the beginning...I'll do that...someday...lol

Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

SDFD TSchott

#79 Post by SDFD TSchott »

After loads of thinking, brain crunching, and looking at a few sites for colors of braces I decided I will do something that a friend at work dared me to do after I told her about this site. The dare goes as follows:

" I dare you surprise them all and wear pink!" Well after carful thoughts I will be possibly getting Green on the upper and pink on the lower!

Still got about a month before I make it final!

SDFD TSchott

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

turrrtlelove22

#80 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

DUDE!!! My favorite colors!!!...You should so do it!!! hot pink or baby pink?

Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

PrincessMelody

#81 Post by PrincessMelody »

This is getting very interesting here. Props to you for the pink ligs Tim, lol. I will post some progress pics tomorrow... keep an eye out :D

SDFD TSchott

#82 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Awaits the photos!

SDFD TSchott

SDFD TSchott

#83 Post by SDFD TSchott »

bracedagain wrote:
This is getting very interesting here. :D
Yea, sure is! I can't wait to hear what Tim's GF has to say about his pink ligs! Image
We had a discussion about the color choice and she said, "Its your teeth, your the one that has to live with the colors not me. I've already been through it and I've been through my share of surgurys *Spl*"

So with that said I'm not on the train of thought. Turrrtlelove22 I'll probley go with baby pink if I do go pink at all. Who knows there is always that last chance at the orthodontist office where I could just flat out chicken out and get some other colors.

SDFD TSchott

PrincessMelody

#84 Post by PrincessMelody »

Here are my 5 month progress pictures... check them out!

5 months!
and at 3 months

left side now
and at 4 months

right side now
and at 4 months

lowers... look at how much that canine has moved!
here's what it looked like 12-3-06

just for good measure, the upper arch. I think the molars WM is behind aren't so twisted anymore
here's what it looked like a month and a half ago (12-3-06)

Tin Indian

#85 Post by Tin Indian »

:D PrincessMelody, Your teeth are coming along fantastic but whats with the wayward upper if I may ask? I just love that new color combo your sportting.No pink eh?
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

PrincessMelody

#86 Post by PrincessMelody »

PrincessMelody, Your teeth are coming along fantastic but whats with the wayward upper if I may ask? I just love that new color combo your sportting.No pink eh?
The wayward molar (or WM as I've deemed her) is a second premolar that just decided to come down in the roof of my mouth when I was younger. Funnily enough the same exact thing happened to my mom only it was both her left and right second premolars (mine is just the left, the right came in with the rest just fine). Hers were pulled when she was in her late 20's and her orthodontist said that was a mistake because it really messed up her bottom arch and bite. She had braces in her early 30's for about two years.
Mine is eventually going to be moved into line with the rest of my teeth, but other things need to be sorted out with my teeth first. I can't imagine it will be much longer until something is done with it since I have now gotten a much heavier wire on top and my bottoms are coming into line nicely. I am really, really pleased with how fantastic my lower arch looks by the way.
Anywho, thanks for the compliments on my ligs... I really like them as well. My favorite ones so far. And actually, pink was my very first color choice. Hot pink to be exact! I thought I'd start out with a bang :lol:

PrincessMelody

#87 Post by PrincessMelody »

Thank you Meryaten and Ken for the support. I am quite impressed with my lowers. I seriously didn't realize how out of wack my lower arch was until now and I am sitting her looking at the pictures. And it still has a lot of room to improve. The canine hasn't quite moved all the way in yet and my arch definately needs to round out more with those centrals. So this current bottom archwire definately has some more work ahead of it. I am still willing that canine to keep moving. I really don't see any difference in my uppers at all except for the molars I was talking about. It was relatively in order from the start except for WM. As for moving her in, no word yet as to when that will happen. I am afraid to ask because I have this feeling I will be dissapointed when told. I fear it is still months away... but you never know. I desperately want to ask and say that I am, but at the same time I want to be surprised when it happens. That happened with my bottoms getting braced. I thought they were a lot farther off from getting braced and then at my 2nd adjustment the doctor said next time we were going to bracket them and put spacers in. I know he was pleased at the progress at this last adjustment because he actually said something about my progress :lol: Granted it was a mere "nice" and I think I got a "good" out of him too, but I have never heard any remarks directed at how my teeth were looking.

Maybe, (and I know I keep saying this) just maybe I will pluck up the courage to ask at this next adjustment when something is going to be done about that annoying tooth! Less than 2 weeks away now...

PrincessMelody

#88 Post by PrincessMelody »

Thanks again for the support Ken. I know it will be quite some time for WM to moved in because space will need to be created but when they start making space for it is when, in my mind, they are working on WM. I know once they do start working on making space it will be months before there is even enough space and even longer for it to be compeltely in line. But I've dealt with the dang tooth this long, I can deal with it for a another year or so. My mom had hers pulled though so she really has no clue about what it is like to have them moved in, but she does know what it is like to have braces, and she had the same crowding issue I had/have on the bottom. I shared with her my relief about how much easier it is to floss those teeth. I can't wait until the braces are gone and it will truly be a breeze to floss there. I also can't wait to be able to brush and floss those left molars properly not to mention having my tongue actually sit in my mouth comfortably. I am so tired of biting it :x

PrincessMelody

#89 Post by PrincessMelody »

I can't wait to see your progress Ken. Thos gaps must be coming along nicely with those powerchains and I can't wait to see the grape ones. Purple is my favorite color as well so the will be fun to see. And yes, that tooth has been a pain in the behind to say the least.

Thanks for stopping by Karen. My lower arch has definately made vast improvement.

No problem Denise. I don't expect anybody to keep up with my story. It's already 9 pages long at 5 months and I've got 19-25 months left(maybe longer). It's going to be an epic by the time I am done. Just be glad you didn't decide to read my story towards the end :lol: You'd probably be reading it for days. Anywho, I am so glad someone else notice the change in my midline. Moving the canine in has definately shifted over my bottom midline to line up a lot closer with my top.
No Storybook ride at Disneyworld? That's one of my favorite rides! Matterhorn is definately another favorite as well. I have heardthat MK definately beats Disneyland for the whole "wow" factor. I just found out our family vacation in two summers is a cruise in Florida and one of the stops is Orlando so I will finally be able to go to Disneyworld. I am sure my mom and I will be making many comparisons between Disneyland and Disneyworld. I am glad Disneyland's Fantasyland beats Disneyworlds since that is the land I relate to best :lol: Me and my fellow princesses. I unfortunately won't get to stay in any of the hotels though since the cruise ship acts as our hotel. Of course I haven't even stayed in any of the hotels at Disneyland so I wouldn't even have much to compare.
Have you been to California Adventure (DCA)? It's worth it to go at least once just to ride some of the rides in there. Soarin' Over California is so awesome. I love that ride. California Screamin' is a lot of fun too. Smoothest roller coaster you will EVER go on.
They have this promotion, I guess you could call it, going on Space Mountain and California Screamin'. They play Red Hot Chili Pepper's music to the rides. California Screamin just has the music, but the ride on Space Mountain is a different experience. They have lights and things going on all inside the ride along the track (like if you are at a concert) and the weirdest thing is you can actually SEE the track. Normally it's pitch black. So nonetheless it was fun and interesting.
I had a really fun experience the last time we went to Disneyland and DCA as a family. It's the "Year of a Million Dream's" this year and they have the "dream fastpasses" which are WONDERFUL. There these little plastic cards that have these break off tabs that act as fast passes. There are 7 for each park so 14 in total and the best time is you don't have to wait for a certain time or anything. You go whenever you want. They just hand them out randomly to people and we got them when we went towards the beginning of December. It was really fun.
OK, enough Disney talk... thanks for stopping by everyone!
Last edited by PrincessMelody on Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

turrrtlelove22

#90 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

Those arches are looking great, PM. That lil canine is marchin in line with the rest your teeth...hehe...

Looks like things are going well which is always a good thing. Even tho its seems a little slow at times...

I got square wires on this week and it's still not sore or achey or anything...go figure... :roll:

Turrrtlelove22 I'll probley go with baby pink if I do go pink at all. Who knows there is always that last chance at the orthodontist office where I could just flat out chicken out and get some other colors.
Oh...baby pink will be cute...oh srry...I mean...it will look nice...LOL...my brother told me guys don't wear anything that is "cute" haha. You could for a single pink one somewhere in the back...that way you can at least say you did it... :D :D :D

Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!