Bye Bye Vampire Fangs... Hello Spaghetti Face!!!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

shinyRiver

#76 Post by shinyRiver »

2 days till mr. wonky upper left bicuspid gets a bracket! Yay!! I'm thinking black ligs this time, whaddya think? It will accent the crookedness of that tooth, initially but it will also make for better photo-documentation of his gradual alignment. :D I'm excited about tying this guy into the archwire and getting this AWFUL spring out of my mouth. It's been cutting my lip...

brika

#77 Post by brika »

Your teeth are looking fantastic, and it's great that Mr. Wonky will finally be joining the bracket club! Hopefully he won't put up too much of a fight getting into line. ;)
I look forward to seeing your progress!

shinyRiver

#78 Post by shinyRiver »

And Mr. Wonky is bracketed at last.

shinyRiver

#79 Post by shinyRiver »

Introducing the stereotypically Liverpudlian Mr. Wonky. He is, as you can see, still rather crooked, but it's only been a little over 24 hours. I think he's tethered to the archwired with a little hook of a wire. And I asked my ortho to band him so he'd feel pretty. :roll:

So far, things are feeling good, and I'm optimistic that he will move. Thank you all for your supportive comments, and for keeping up with my story. :wink:

Tommm

#80 Post by Tommm »

Mr. Wonky should do PSAs. I'd tune in for sure ;)

shinyRiver

#81 Post by shinyRiver »

Hehe thanks Tommm. :D

Well, no movement at all with mr. wonky as far as I can tell. Sometimes I wish I was a patient of my ortho as a full autonomous ortho in his own office rather than my ortho as a student ortho at Ohio State. He wanted to put a powerchain running across my front teeth in order to pull mr. wonky into line but his supervising ortho said no let's just tie him to the archwire with a wire. I like powerchains better. I know they're more aggressive, they can be uncomfortable, and i'm sure there are many more reasons not to use them at this stage of treatment but my ortho is really smart. and he's proactive about the whole teeth moving thing. and I really trust his judgment. and sometimes i wish he was on his own. he does good work. but oh well. if it doesn't move at all this month then there's always next month. and the month is young.

thanks everybody for checking in on me and mr. wonky. :)

ripchord

#82 Post by ripchord »

Hey River! Glad to see you finally got that tooth braced! It'll be in line in no time.
Braced on January 5th, 2007
Debanded on April 2nd, 2009

Click www to see my story!

cweezy

#83 Post by cweezy »

i have a tooth similar to your mr wonkey, cant wait till mine is braced lol

shinyRiver

#84 Post by shinyRiver »

Wow, Mr. Wonky is getting to be quite popular. But I guess everyone's a sucker for a guy with a British accent! Speaking of Mr. Wonky, he's rather less wonky at the moment. I wanted to post some pictures a few days ago, but the site was being wonky. Stupid wonkyness. And alas! Now it is very late and I am very tired. I will update with pictures soon, though. I can't wait for you to see what's been happening! (I am a MAJOR spaghetti face this month.)
Stay tuned for yet another riveting (bracketing) tale of The Twisted Life of Mr. Wonky.

ripchord

#85 Post by ripchord »

Can't wait to see how Mr. Wonky has progressed!
Braced on January 5th, 2007
Debanded on April 2nd, 2009

Click www to see my story!

shinyRiver

'allo 'allo!

#86 Post by shinyRiver »

He's still wonky!
I don't think Mr.Wonky likes spaghetti. It seems to be making him even more stubborn and crooked.
He looks like he's going to need his filling replaced, too. This one was done in 2005, when he was VERY crooked and very gooped-up all the time as a result, hence the wicked cavity. No wonder he's got such an attitude...
Take a look at those gaps!! There are only 2 small gaps on top around Mr. Wonky and his canine neighbor. Otherwise the top should come together soon. On the bottom however: little to no change. Ortho says we'll try to start closing those up at my next appt. May 8. :) Thanks for keeping an eye on Mr. Wonky, everybody!

kayleighkelley

#87 Post by kayleighkelley »

Your teeth are looking good, great progress you've had on your journey, I love braces!!! :)

shinyRiver

#88 Post by shinyRiver »

Update: I am in a bind-and-torture hell of pulled-tight power chains and curry stained zing-strings. On the bright side: My teeth are straighter than ever! Pictures to follow...

shinyRiver

Yummy Curry

#89 Post by shinyRiver »

Indian food and mustard and coffee have stained my poor zing-string so, which you can see has turned mr.wonky around quite a bit! This time it was good, except for that big open span of wire on the bottom jabbing me in my lip every night, and me having to painfully peel the inside of my lip off of it and the adjacent bracket each morning. :( Oh well! Ortho fixed that this time. He put a little rubber tube around it AND he put a power chain over that! What service! My lip feels 100% better! I can't wait to post pictures of what all I got at my appointment today, but I shall have to. Fiance and I just bought our new house and we are fixing it up this summer (this weekend included) so i guess I'd better get back to painting the living room for now! Thanks everyone for checking up on me!!!

P.S. Has anyone else ever had a zing string? The are so weird!

shinyRiver

#90 Post by shinyRiver »

I forgot to mention... they are talking about taking out my lower lingual holding arch already!!! Thank god, because it is SO hard to clean around. But seriously, it's impeding the movement of my lowers. And it is very crooked because of how they had to mold it around how crooked my teeth were before. So they are talking about taking it out within the next appointment or two! YAY!