weird_wired's exciting story (going TOPLESS!)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mezy

#76 Post by mezy »

Wow your teeth look fantastic! congratultions! :wink:

Did you have staining on your uppers due to the glue etc? I think that's what I have too, I can see areas where the glue has not been scraped/scrathed off by my ortho on the day I got them on and it's making my teeth look yellower :( I'm going to get them whitened once it's all off (18 - 24 months from now!) but hopefully most of the glue/staining will come off when my braces get removed.

Glad to hear the removal process wasn't too bad either, I'm worried that my teeth might crack/chip etc when they take the brackets off. I have sensitive teeth too, that cold air spray is a killer!!

weird_wired

#77 Post by weird_wired »

mezy wrote:Did you have staining on your uppers due to the glue etc?
I think partly that, and partly just staining where I couldn't brush very well. But it all came off!

Drewjb007

#78 Post by Drewjb007 »

Hey, great story :D ! Your teeth look beautiful! I bet You're excited!
Braces are for winners!
Estimated Braces Time: 10 Months.
So Far: Going On 3 Months.

calypsojunky

yay

#79 Post by calypsojunky »

I'd have to say your teeth are my favorite of all the finshed teeth i've seen.
They really look terrific!

Eleni

#80 Post by Eleni »

weird_wired, congratulations. You're almost there!
And by the way, I love the way you write your posts. So helpful!
Top Ceramic Braces: July 2004 - Self-Eruption of an Impacted Upper Right Canine
Bottom Metal Braces: December 2005 - Crowding
Debanded: December 2006
The story

Sweet L

#81 Post by Sweet L »

Wow!!! Your teeth look awesome! :thumbsup:
Thanks for sharing your positive experience with us!
I'm looking forward to get my braces soon :D (as you can imagine I'm dreaming about having a white and perfect smile just like yours :oops: )
Bye!

:banana:

weird_wired

#82 Post by weird_wired »

Thanks!

Other people's posts on here have helped me so much, that I wanted to do similar for others.

There are so many things that my ortho didn't mention (he probably didn't have time, and not everything happens to every person) that I read on here first. So when they happened to me, I didn't over-stress about them, because I already knew they were "normal".

juf_84

#83 Post by juf_84 »

WOW!!!

Your uppers look gorgeous!

Thanks for the details on getting them off- that's really interesting to read (and file away, I've got a while yet!)
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

sjsarre

#84 Post by sjsarre »

Excellent, you must be so pleased.. I've got staining from excess glue so my teeth are gradually looking more and more yellow where the glue is..

I wondered what it would be like once you have your brace off.. Do you ever feel "naked" and a bit concerned without it on?

weird_wired

#85 Post by weird_wired »

sjsarre wrote:I wondered what it would be like once you have your brace off.. Do you ever feel "naked" and a bit concerned without it on?
You know the sad thing is that I got used to it so quickly. I was expecting to feel in constant wonder at the slipperiness of my teeth and the lack of brace, but I don't really. Maybe having the lowers off as well will make more impact.

Then again I wear the retainer all the time, so that's something new to get used to.

It never ends ;)

M1k3y

#86 Post by M1k3y »

Congrats on going topless. I would love some tips from you on how to take clear upclose pics like the way you do. I struggled this time around and it got me frustrated. Hehe
Braced 5-27-06 - 18 months with braces
Case 1 - minor crookedness
Envision Composite Brackets
M1k3y's introduction with photos
M1k3y's journey with photos

Debranded 3-20-08

weird_wired

#87 Post by weird_wired »

M1k3y wrote:Congrats on going topless. I would love some tips from you on how to take clear upclose pics like the way you do. I struggled this time around and it got me frustrated. Hehe
I use a Xacti C6 camera, and I take quite a few pics until I get one in focus. I sometimes try manual, and sometimes auto-focus. The main thing that wrecks the focus is me shaking when I hold the camera, so I try to rest my elbow!

Generally flash gives a sharper picture, because of the shorter exposure, but it can bleach things out and give a weird colour. But to be honest it's a bit random which photos are absolutely perfectly clear and others that are just OK.

So I sit at my desk, and hold my camera towards me, with the LCD flipped round so I can see what I'm shooting. I tend to find that holding the camera as far away as possible, then zooming in, can make a better picture. And I also direct my desk lamp onto me, because low-light makes things fuzzy.

M1k3y

#88 Post by M1k3y »

So have your bottom braces come off yet?
Braced 5-27-06 - 18 months with braces
Case 1 - minor crookedness
Envision Composite Brackets
M1k3y's introduction with photos
M1k3y's journey with photos

Debranded 3-20-08