Raspberry's Story(with Pics) Updated- May 30th/08

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

swiss1

#76 Post by swiss1 »

Wow, amazing progress raspberry - your teeth look great :thumbsup:
And in such a short space of time! Looking forward to seeing the next updates!

Raspberry

#77 Post by Raspberry »

September 18th - 6th Adjustment

It's been a while since I've updated my story, but things are moving pretty well.

At my last adjustment Dr. J said "Now that's looking better, I bet this girl would LOVE some Elastics!"
So here I am with an elastic on either side going from my molars on the bottom to my Cuspids on the top. The Elastics I was given are light (5/16") and they are named "Greg", well that's what it says on the bag.
The elastics are more annoying than painful. I have to have them in all the time, except when I'm brushing.
Eating with them on has proved very difficult, and I've already swallowed 4 in two days... hahaha....

I will try and get some pictures up soon, I've been very busy....

Jillianleab

#78 Post by Jillianleab »

I just started in elastics too, and I also have to wear them all the time, even when eating. I agree - more annoying than painful! I hope you get used to them soon and stop swallowing them! Looking forward to seeing the pics!
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

Raspberry

#79 Post by Raspberry »

Hey all,
I'm getting used to life with "Greg" or actually "Gregs". I actually feel really weird when I take them off to brush, like my jaws are wabbly or too free or something... lol.

I will try to get the camera out and take some pics this weekend...

I've noticed that one of my gaps is starting to close, and it's not even one of the gaps with the powerchain on it :S my teeth are crazy I tell ya!

Raspberry

#80 Post by Raspberry »

October 23rd - 7th Adjustment

Went in to my regular dentist to have a cleaning in the morning. I've been lagging a bit on the flossing, but the hygienist told me that I was doing a "pretty good job at keeping them clean"... I'll take that over the usual "you need to floss more!". My Dentist and the two hygienists were looking at my teeth, and asking me questions about how long the braces were on, and they were amazed at all the movement.... I had to admit, it felt kinda nice!

Right after my cleaning I went straight to the orthodontist, after sitting in the packed waiting room for about 10 mins the assistant called me in and sat me down in one of the chairs. "Dr. J will be right with you". I thought he'd do his usual check, the open, close, bite... ok do this mrs. assistant. Then he started to take off my ligs! I was in amazement, this was the first time that he actually did the work! I have to admit, he was very rough!

He said things were looking great, and asked me if I was going to go ahead with the surgery... I told him yes. So he's going to get them to call me and book an appointment for consultation. I was so surprised! But he said he does it early because they book into next year.

He said when people have surgery, they usually do it around the 1 year mark to 1 1/2 year mark, he said mine would be closer to the 1 1/2 year mark.

So naturally I asked him if everything was going according to planned... and he said YES! That everything was moving as he had expected to, and I'm on schedule! Then casually, like it is nothing he said, all I have to do now, is close up the gaps, and make sure everything fits right together....
lol...he just made it sound so simple!

and the best part... he told me I didn't have to use the elastics... WOOOOOOOOO!

I was getting pretty down before because I didn't think my teeth would be done in two years... but he seems pretty optimistic about it.

Then Dr. J put a clear powerchain all the way accross the bottom (ouch!) and put the powerchains back accross the top gaps, but left out the extra loops that were there... I've already noticed those teeth are moving their way back, I can feel a gap on either side of them with my tongue

Jillianleab

#81 Post by Jillianleab »

Sounds like a great cleaning and adjustment, Raspberry! It's great thet you are on track with your treatment and will finish on time!

Good luck!
~jlb~

Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

tulip

#82 Post by tulip »

A pretty good day for you in the tooth department!!! Well done! Don't get too complacent about that flossing though... :wink:

MBell

Great Progress

#83 Post by MBell »

Hi Raspberry,

I am so impressed at the progress you have made during your ortho treatment.
My teeth are very similar to yours at the beginning of your treatment, as yours are now very straight.
I am so happy I looked at your progress journey as this has made me feel very confident my journey will start picking up soon (I hope)
I have had my braces on for 1 month today just had my first adjustment 2 days ago, they put a stronger wire on.
I can see I have had movement already, but I cant wait till they have straightened out like yours.

Raspberry

#84 Post by Raspberry »

I realized that I hadn't updated my pictures since July... So here they are, the light quality is horrible, I can't seem to figure out this new digital camera....

9 Months in braces comparison:
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

newmetal

#85 Post by newmetal »

Your teeth are looking really good, i bet your pleased? How many more months left now then?

Newmetal

Jillianleab

#86 Post by Jillianleab »

Wow, Raspberry! Your teeth are looking really great!

Congrats on such great progress!
~jlb~

Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

chillin-in-grilz

#87 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

I dont see how anyone can have colors for just uppers, or lowers
Brace Free February 17th, 2009

Braces January 29, 2007

Raspberry

#88 Post by Raspberry »

New Metal:
Thanks, I am very pleased! I still have another 15 months to go... I am having surgery to place my lower jaw sometime in the new year, around my 1 - 1 1/2 year point.
Linda:
Thanks so much for the positive reply! yes SAYONARA crowded smile, and buck teeth! LOL
KK:
Thank for the good luck on my progress towards this surgery... the closer it gets the more freaked out I'm getting! But I can't wait to see my bite line up!
Jillianleab:
Thank you so much for the compliment :oops:
Brace_Face_2006:
I only put colors on my lowers because I paid extra to have the clear ceramics on the top, seemed silly for me to put bright colors on them, so I had a little fun with my lowers which aren't very visible because of my bite. Right now I'm in all clear, because my bottoms have a powerchain.

M1k3y

#89 Post by M1k3y »

Super progress there. So how much longer do you have with braces on?
Braced 5-27-06 - 18 months with braces
Case 1 - minor crookedness
Envision Composite Brackets
M1k3y's introduction with photos
M1k3y's journey with photos

Debranded 3-20-08

chillin-in-grilz

Hi

#90 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

O ok, what I mean in general, I mean how can anyone have color anywhere
Brace Free February 17th, 2009

Braces January 29, 2007