Rage has avoided jaw surgery…(Pix update 07/11/08)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Clo

#91 Post by Clo »

Hi,

you wrote :
It feels like it’s pulling more down instead of back.
I noticed before when looking at your pics of Januari 11th that the right upper
pic shows a bite that looks a bit more open. That can happen because headgear
can extrude molars and so create an open bite. It happened in my case. Indeed, do
mention your worries about this to Dr. Allen. I experienced it is easy to extrude
molars, but a lot more difficult to correct that again. I hope I didn't scare you. It
was too late for me, but certainly not for you. Good luck !

jennandtonic

#92 Post by jennandtonic »

Noticed you had an adjustment appointment today, Rage, hope everything went well!

Tin Indian

#93 Post by Tin Indian »

Sounds like you have quite the full plate of goings on Rage.Hope your ortho apptmt. #10 today went well and your headgear is treating you wll once again. Knees are tricky things- I've had my left done a few years back and its still going strong. GOOO Hoochie mama's !! Good luck!
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

Tin Indian

#94 Post by Tin Indian »

Sounds like you have quite the full plate of goings on Rage.Hope your ortho apptmt. #10 today went well and your headgear is treating you wll once again. Knees are tricky things- I've had my left done a few years back and its still going strong. GOOO Hoochie mama's !! Good luck!

iBorg

#95 Post by iBorg »

Stopped by to check on you. How do you find time to work? At my age (closer to 50 than 40), I could play sports a couple of nights and then need the rest of the week to recover.

I'm amazed you're able to play hockey after knee surgery. I had my first surgery when I was 24 and felt like I lost a lot of my spped. Unfortunately I get to repeat this event on the other knee in a couple of weeks.

Curious if the headgear was used to open up your bite intentionally?

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

cowlypso

#96 Post by cowlypso »

Glad that you got your wires fixed so your headgear feels good again. It's so much nicer to put it on when it just feels right. Now that I got mine fixed up, sometimes I totally forget that I'm wearing it.

Your teeth are looking great in those last pictures you posted. As much of a pain as those wire ties are, they certainly are working!

Headaches are definitely a pain when your teeth are sore too. You just can't figure out what hurts. I totally agree that the best thing to do is go home from work and sleep on the couch with the cat. That's my usual remedy for just about anything.

cowlypso

#97 Post by cowlypso »

I'm from the Detroit area originally, and now I'm back in Michigan doing grad school. Not a bad state, although it's been a little cold lately. I guess I'm not really a place-oriented person. Wherever the cats go, it's home, right?

Sounds like an exciting game! I'm a hockey fan, although I never actually get to watch any. I don't have cable, so any games that I could catch on my TV I'd pretty much just have to imagine the puck in between the static anyway. One of these years I'm going to go watch the school team play, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I almost went to see the Red Wings play the Coyotes, but I ended up having ankle surgery the day before the game and was still in the hospital taking IV demerol. From what I remember, it was a pretty good game, though!

Tin Indian

#98 Post by Tin Indian »

RAGE, Sounds like your ortho did the full tilt thing on your ajustment.
And I'm jealous as all get out, the MAISE and BLUE are me MICHIGAN colors. GO BLUE!!
Hope you had a good time in Estes Park. Went there on a motorcyle ride a couple years back. Stayed in the K.O.A. and I would love to go back someday.

chillin-in-grilz

lol

#99 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

whoops it double posted
Last edited by chillin-in-grilz on Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brace Free February 17th, 2009

Braces January 29, 2007

chillin-in-grilz

lol

#100 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

yOU are certainly brave to have head gear, never in a million years I will wear one, i would do everyhthing possible not to, I rather have 50 surgeries then wear that thing lol.

Definitly not wearing headgear especially in high school !!!! lol

Braces January 29, 2007

Tin Indian

#101 Post by Tin Indian »

:D :D Rage!Nice pics-luv those colors but i'll be waitng for football season to do mine.
West Michigan by golly- so am I!!. I'm from Holland - home of the tulip festival. I'm sure youv'e heard of that eh? Go BLUE!

chillin-in-grilz

Hey

#102 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

if you like u can come see my story, i got it updated if your interested

Braces January 29, 2007

chillin-in-grilz

#103 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

I never tried curry b4

Braces January 29, 2007

mighty mo

#104 Post by mighty mo »

Rage, I've just finished reading your entire story, and I enjoyed it immensely. I have never seen headgear before (I grew up in the UK, so hardly ever saw braces, never mind any other kinds of paraphenelia!! wink: ) So thank you for posting pictures. I especially love your wild ligs - you're really lucky to have someone as fun and creative as Billie to decorate your mouth. I look forward to seeing how things progress.

Tin Indian

#105 Post by Tin Indian »

Small world indeed Rage, Wife grew up there herself. Me- Im a hometown Holland boy.
So how is the new Hockey leauge doing? Over 30 eh? Wish I was THAT young again.Here's to hoping your best is yet to come.