PrincessMelody's journey - adjustment #14 update! Now w/pics

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

PrincessMelody

#91 Post by PrincessMelody »

Thanks for the support Turrrtlelove! I am so pleased with my lower arch but then I compare it to the work that has to be done with WM and I sigh at the long work still ahead...
Check out my braces story by clicking the WWW
28 months and 22 days in braces
Now in an upper and lower Hawley retainer.

turrrtlelove22

#92 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

I'm sure once the there is a vacancy for WM things will move quickly for her...I have lots of space to donate if I could...LOL
LiFe iS A HoOt iF You arE aN oWL...O.o

Sept. 28 ~ Consult with Orthodontist
Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

PrincessMelody

#93 Post by PrincessMelody »

LOL, thanks for offering the space Ken and TL. However, I definately don't think there is a problem with space, it just isn't in the right place, lol. I have a bit of space between my two left incisors and space between my left canine and first premolar. Plus I had both of my left wisdom teeth removed. The bottom one because it was impacted and came in sideways and the top left one because space was needed. So I am hoping it wont take long for a spring to create space in there. It's a bummer that you lost one of your teeth Ken. Perio disease is a nasty thing. My mom's dentist told her she has a couple of pockets in her bottom centrals. She got a referral to a perio and she still hasn't gone. I have been riding her about going to get that taken care of. Especially after reading some of your stories about how much angst perio disease caused you. She does brush twice a day and flosses every night so at least she trie to care for them properly. Her problem is her bottoms relapsed after she had braces... she stopped wearing the retainer. I think a Waterpik and a Sonicare toothbrush would be a fantastic investment for her.

Denise, if you ever have a chance to go back to DCA the ferris wheel is loads of fun, especially if you go on the ones that have their own little tracks. And yes, Screamin' is a lot of fun too. Glad you got to go on Soarin' at Epcot. I heard that they built one there. I think it would be clever of them to do a Soarin' over Florida. There are a lot of neat things is DCA and I've heard a couple of the shows are fantastic. I was most excited when they put Tower of Terror in there. I had heard what a fun ride it was. And I will say it is my second favorite. Nothing can top Space Mountain.

Thanks for the support as well Linda. Looking at how fast that canine moved I am hoping my teeth are fast movers and WM will surprise us with speedy movement.

cowlypso

#94 Post by cowlypso »

Definitely some nice movement on that canine! That lower arch is looking fabulous. Hopefully you'll get the go-ahead to clear the runway for WM soon. I love the blues as well. I just might get those next time. Still haven't decided since it's a month away. Keep up the good work!

PrincessMelody

#95 Post by PrincessMelody »

Thanks for stopping by cowlypso. I sure am hoping WM gets worked on soon, or at least talked about. She's pretty lonely out there after all :lol:
I vote for the blues... they definately look neat I think.

PrincessMelody

#96 Post by PrincessMelody »

So my friend asked me something I thought was pretty funny today. She hadn't seen me since I got my adjustment and therefore new ligs. She asked if I got my new ligs to match my car. That really made me laugh since I hadn't realized that they really do match my car (which I LOVE by the way so it wouldn't be unlike me to match my car). So you be the judge on how well of a match they are.

My baby.. 2006 Mustang. Misty is her name for all you that would like to know. She was my college graduation present :D

and my teeth...

LOL, I thought it was pretty dang funny and clever of her. Nobody had thought of that... not even me.

A little update... No more crossbite in the front. My two midlines are completely lined up. But it has come at a price, lol. I have an open bit (very small) in the back. None of my teeth touch on both sides from the canines back. Oh well. Its so weird to see my midlines lined up though. I have gotten so used to them not being that way that its so fascinating, but really annoying at the same time. I know I had a problem similar to this a while back where for about a week I had an open bite on my left side and it went away so I know this will probably change soon. It's good though. Definately means those teeth are moving!

Just over a week until my next adjustment!

PrincessMelody

#97 Post by PrincessMelody »

Thanks Karen and Ken.

A purple car... wow. Those aren't easy to come by in the US. I can say I've probably only seen a couple purple cars. Actually, in certain light my car has a lot of purple in it. Yes, I am very pleased my cross bite is gone.
Very nice grad. present you got (jealous).
Yes, it was a hug surprise. My mom has an '05 red Mustang GT and I fell in love with hers. So to my surprise, she took me down to the dealership, and let me pick it out after I graduated. I was shocked. That was last thing on Earth I thought I would get for a graduation present. And I aboslutely LOVE it.
Have fun with your hot rod and you should defiantely get those orange ligs again :D

PrincessMelody

#98 Post by PrincessMelody »

Yet another eventful adjustment. I went in for adjustment number 5 today and now have a brand spanken new rectangular wire on my BOTTOM arch. No tenderness yet thankfully and hopefully never. I remember how tender my upper arch was though with the new wire. That wonky canine has now moved fully in line with the rest, so that archwire had clearly done its job. It is still weird not to see it sticking out with the rest. Didn't get up the courage to ask my ortho about WM (I don't know if I want to hear the repsonse in fear that it is still many many months away), but I think he is keeping a close eye on the left side because when he came over to check on me he lingered over on that side.

My midlines have since lined up and looking pretty nice I think. No more crossbite in the front. YAY! And I thought it would take elastics to fix that.

I chose pink and purple for my ligs... I got the pinkish purple and hot pink. The last time I did pink and purple (like for my second adjustment) I got the dark purple and and hot pink. I kinda like the pinkish purple with the hot pink. I think it is very appropriate for Valentine's day :D

Here they are in all their glory...

and just for comparison sake for the wonky canine check out the picture right after my 4th adjustment

That's all for now... complete progress pics will come at my 6 month anniversary :shock: in 2 weeks. Almost 6 months...wow.
Next adjustment is March 9th...4 weeks as always.

PrincessMelody

#99 Post by PrincessMelody »

Okay, so it took me WAY longer than I intended to reply to reply to everyone. I have been busy to say the least and thought I should write something back today since I am out of town tomorrow until Sunday. So thanks to Karen, Linda, Ken, Denise, and Meryaten for all of your support and for stopping by and saying hello.

As for my teeth, well they were tender for just a couple days but it passed quickly thankfully. I was looking at my bottom wire closely and realized it isn't rectangular like I thought it was... just a thicker round wire. My canine doesn't seem like it has moved at all. It still has the tiniest little bit to move in and its still just staying put. Stubborn little thing. As for my crossbite... it's back but the bottom midline has shifted in the other direction. It's like it just kept on moving down and didn't stop, lol. It was fun while it lasted...
I will be calling my dentist sometime soon to get in for my 6 month cleaning/check up. It will be first one while in braces. Hopefully a get a pat on the back... fingers crossed.

PrincessMelody

#100 Post by PrincessMelody »

Thanks for stopping by again Karen.

Good question Meryaten to which I have absolutely no answer. Definately something I will have to ask when I make my appointment. But I think I will be going with the wire. Although no wire would be awesome... flossing and brushing with no wire. Such happy thoughts :lol:

PrincessMelody

#101 Post by PrincessMelody »

Well I finally got around to calling my dentist and making an appointment for a checkup. My appointment is set for this Wednesday the 21st. I asked the receptionist about my braces and if I needed to have my wire removed for the cleaning. Apparently it was too much for him to handle as I kept having to rephrase my question. I believe he finally understood what I was asking in the end (I think) and I am under the impression my wire will remain in place for my cleaning. Which is ok, as I really didn't like the idea of having to coordinate appointments with getting my wire taken off and such. Makes things a little easier for me especially since I would probably have to take a half day off work in order to do so. But it would have been really nice to brush and floss with no wire.

I will update after my appt... hoping for a thumbs up from my dentist.

SDFD TSchott

#102 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Hey PrincessMelody,

Don't worry about removing the wire. I went in and had my cleaning with the wire still in and they had no problems with my braces. In fact my dentist was asking me all sorts of questions about why I got braces, what the cost was and what do I think there was loads more questions but I don't recall them all. Anyways the assistant that was doing the cleaning had braces before and she said with such a nice smile you have you didn't need braces! Ha I thought to myself sure I didn't need them but I wasn't going for the expensive route of having 4 fake molars put in! Anyways towards the end of the appointment the assistant was flossing me and said, "Wow I forgot how hard it was to floss with braces on!" as she was having a hard time flossing :) but overall I got an A+ From my dentist, the assistant, and the ortho!

SDFD TSchott

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

PrincessMelody

#103 Post by PrincessMelody »

Had my cleaning/check up today. I was right and it turned out I had one cavity. I could feel something going on with my tongue so I was pretty sure I had one (it's on the lingual side of my upper right canine). But it was so small she didn't even have to numb me. It seriously took about 2 or 3 minutes to fill. The prep for it probably took longer than getting it filled. Nice that I could actually eat my dinner without making a complete mess or biting my cheek.

The hygenist complimented me on my "very clean" teeth. I was very pleased that I got a thumbs up on my cleaning. There was some plaque buildup on my lower centrals from the years of them overlapping and not being able to clean them properly so she scraped that off. It's good to see them better looking even though it wasn't visible to anyone but me.

Other then that, pretty uneventful. My dentist hand't seen me since I had gotten braces so she was really interested about them and was asking how long I am to have them and what the "plan" was. My x-rays taken from the check up I had right before I got my braces were in my chart and it was weird seeing those and then looking at my current x-rays.

Anyways, that's all for now...

PrincessMelody

#104 Post by PrincessMelody »

Well my 6 month anniversary passed on Sunday. I was way too busy to take any pictures this weekend so they had to wait until tonight. I only took two pictures... my whole smile and my lower arch. Too much effort for more detailed pictures especially since no visible changes have happened except in my lower arch.
My lower midline, as I mentioned last post has shifted once again. I have also given up on my bite resembling anything close to normal until towards the end of my treatment as it continues to frustrate me. I can tell my lower arch has expanded and rounded out a lot more, which shows this new wire has definately been doing some work. The area of that wonky canine is still tender every once in a while... like right now :lol:
I can tell my back molars have been moving around a bit since my tongue had to adjust to the cleats on the molar bands rubbing it in new places. My tongue was not at all happy with me, but a little wax and some salt water rinses got it back to normal. Unfortunately by the time I realized liberal wax was needed in that area, the damage had been done.... took a few days to heal.

Well, I must get going but I will leave you with the pictures...

6 MONTHS!!!
5 months

Lower at 6 months.I'm so proud of it, lol :lol:
lower at 5 months

turrrtlelove22

#105 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

Haven't commented in a while...looks as if things are going great for you!!! Good luck and cheers to lots progress!!!... :D :D :D
LiFe iS A HoOt iF You arE aN oWL...O.o

Sept. 28 ~ Consult with Orthodontist
Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!