chichi is braced!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

chichi

Re: chichi is braced!

#91 Post by chichi »

Pacha05 wrote:Hi Chichi. I also saw your signature in another post and thought I would have a nosey.

Your teeth are looking great. I dont know any wire sizes etc that I have, my ortho doesn't tell me, all I know is the wires are pretty thick now.
Thanks, Pacha! I only know what I have because I look at the computer or the little plastic packet the wire comes in. I'm sure they'd tell me if I asked, but as soon as they see me looking, they'll turn the screen towards me or show me whatever it is they have in their hands. I think, by this point, they're aware that I sort of know what's going on and that I'm just curious.

I also had a quick look at your blog and your teeth are looking really nice. That is a pretty thick wire you have. How much longer do you have to go?
Had Damons (ceramic upper, metal lower) from June 27, 2013 - January 20, 2015
15-18 month sentence, official time in braces was 18 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45054

Pacha05

#92 Post by Pacha05 »

Good idea. I often ask a few questions but I think my ortho thinks I am rushing him if I ask too many questions.

Thank You, he did say they will never be text book perfect as I have an uneven bite. I will still be happy with them.

I'm not really sure as it has taken longer than we thought. I have at least until August this year left, maybe longer.

Link to my blog http://pachabrace.blogspot.com

Estimated sentence 24 months

Matilda

#93 Post by Matilda »

Hey chichi, let us know how your adjustment goes tomorrow. Good luck!

chichi

#94 Post by chichi »

Matilda wrote:Hey chichi, let us know how your adjustment goes tomorrow. Good luck!
Thanks, Matilda! Will do! I love going for adjustments... another step in the process :)

Matilda

#95 Post by Matilda »

chichi wrote:
Matilda wrote:Hey chichi, let us know how your adjustment goes tomorrow. Good luck!
Thanks, Matilda! Will do! I love going for adjustments... another step in the process :)
Me too! Mine's on Monday, finally. I can't wait! :-*

chichi

#96 Post by chichi »

4th adjustment went very well. Ortho says I'm doing great and that I just might be a bit ahead of schedule. I got a new top wire (0.018 x 0.025) and the bottom wire stayed the same (0.018 x 0.025). I now have a powerchain across bottom front 6 teeth. It's just a white chain... they didn't offer a color, but it doesn't matter since it's behind the wire anyway. I'm done with the class III elastics and now have triangle configuration on both sides (Rabbit, 3/16", 3.5oz). Next adjustment is in 6 weeks. It's scheduled to be a 75-minute appointment. We'll be doing x-rays, photos, and bracket repositioning, so that's all very, very exciting :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mapleleafman888

#97 Post by mapleleafman888 »

That's awesome news that you're doing well!

What does the power chain feel like?
My story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45354
Upper and Lower Damon Braces for 18 months!
I met 46 braceface adults when I had braces myself!

chichi

#98 Post by chichi »

mapleleafman888 wrote:That's awesome news that you're doing well!

What does the power chain feel like?
Honestly, I'm disappointed that it doesn't hurt more. Maybe it's because those 6 teeth have been shifting back and forth so they're already mobile, but it feels like absolutely nothing. I also did not experience that overnight movement that people with powerchains seem to have. This all surprised me because of how uncomfortable it was when the assistant was putting it on... she was pulling and struggling and all I could think was, "man, this is really going to hurt if she has to work this hard just to get it on." Clearly, that was the wrong assumption.

I do, however, have the usual new wire discomfort on top, as well as some pain in the teeth involved in the new elastic configuration. Nothing has hurt nearly as bad as those first rectangular wires, though.

Anna5

#99 Post by Anna5 »

Great progress!!! Your teeth are looking so beautiful and straight now!

mapleleafman888

#100 Post by mapleleafman888 »

chichi wrote: I'm disappointed that it doesn't hurt more. Maybe it's because those 6 teeth have been shifting back and forth so they're already mobile
Ok, perhaps the spacing between your teeth isn't overly large. From the picture the teeth look pretty tight already. This could be just a pro-active way of keeping everything together before you get your heavy duty working wires seeing as how they didn't change the bottom wire.

Hope your uppers don't kill today!

chichi

#101 Post by chichi »

Anna5 wrote:Great progress!!! Your teeth are looking so beautiful and straight now!
Thanks!
mapleleafman888 wrote:Ok, perhaps the spacing between your teeth isn't overly large. From the picture the teeth look pretty tight already. This could be just a pro-active way of keeping everything together before you get your heavy duty working wires seeing as how they didn't change the bottom wire.

I have spaces on the bottom, but they're not huge. You can't see it in the picture because of the angle, but neither of the laterals is touching the adjacent central and there is about 1mm between the left canine and lateral.

I'm really not experiencing pain with the new wire. I do hate the triangle configuration though... my tongue feels claustrophobic lol

Matilda

#102 Post by Matilda »

Hey chichi, I'm glad your adjustment went well. Your teeth look great! You've made tons of progress since you first started. Congratulations!

mapleleafman888

#103 Post by mapleleafman888 »

chichi wrote:
Anna5 wrote:Great progress!!! Your teeth are looking so beautiful and straight now!
Thanks!
mapleleafman888 wrote:Ok, perhaps the spacing between your teeth isn't overly large. From the picture the teeth look pretty tight already. This could be just a pro-active way of keeping everything together before you get your heavy duty working wires seeing as how they didn't change the bottom wire.

I have spaces on the bottom, but they're not huge. You can't see it in the picture because of the angle, but neither of the laterals is touching the adjacent central and there is about 1mm between the left canine and lateral.

I'm really not experiencing pain with the new wire. I do hate the triangle configuration though... my tongue feels claustrophobic lol
Are you still doing well with the new wires?

Your signature tells me you'll possibly have an adjustment on the 21st of March...one day after mine!

P.S. Canada is kicking butt in the Olympics :-*

chichi

#104 Post by chichi »

mapleleafman888 wrote:Are you still doing well with the new wires?

Your signature tells me you'll possibly have an adjustment on the 21st of March...one day after mine!

P.S. Canada is kicking butt in the Olympics :-*
I'm done with these wires... NEXT!

But seriously, I don't feel them anymore. I know things are moving because my midline shifted. It was perfect on the day of the adjustment and now it's off by about 1mm. I'm still not feeling anything with the powerchain either, but I think it's starting to pull those bottom front 6 closer together.

Yes, my next adjustment is the 21st... getting my brackets repositioned so I'm excited :)

P.S. You are, but Norway is kicking your butt. We suck :roll:

chichi

#105 Post by chichi »

My next adjustment is 2 weeks from today, which means it's time for me to start feeling the braces working again. For whatever reason, I feel nothing between adjustments except immediately after one or the week before the next one. It doesn't hurt, but I'm feeling the pulling of the elastic on the right side a bit more these past couple days.