Leslie022 - DEBANDING SET

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Leslie022

#91 Post by Leslie022 »

Ok, so I scheduled my consultation with the periodontist for Oct. 10th. My ortho is meeting with me on Sept. 26 for my "check for removal" appointment. I can't remember if they will take them off before the frenectomy or if they wait until after. Oh well...I'm sure I'll have more news on the 26th!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

Leslie022

#92 Post by Leslie022 »

I just realized something after reading a post in jennandtonic's thread....

I didn't get braces until January. The last time I saw my family was December. I won't see my family again until this December, but should have the braces off by then. So, I will have gone through the entire braces process when they see me again! Nifty!
Fixed bottom retainer

vincent

#93 Post by vincent »

hi what were those blue things that were on your teeth when you first had your braces on? i didnt have then :@

Leslie022

Re: .

#94 Post by Leslie022 »

hi what were those blue things that were on your teeth when you first had your braces on? i didnt have then :@
Vincent:

The "blue things" are build-ups of cement (aka molar lifts, molar blocks, etc) that they put in your molars to keep your top teeth from biting off your bottom brackets. Not everyone needs them and not every orthodontist uses them.
Fixed bottom retainer

rmwolf83

#95 Post by rmwolf83 »

I just wanted to tell you that your teeth look beautiful! I can only hope that mine will look that good at the end of all this!

Debanding: 12/18/07!!! Yay!!!!!

Front Teeth Bracketed 7/25/2006
Back Teeth Banded 7/18/2006
Inspire Ice Uppers/front 8 w/ metal lowers
Treatment time: 19 - 26 mos.

Leslie022

#96 Post by Leslie022 »

I just wanted to tell you that your teeth look beautiful! I can only hope that mine will look that good at the end of all this!
rmwolf83:

Thanks so much! That's such a sweet thing to say! :)
Fixed bottom retainer

momofbrock

#97 Post by momofbrock »

:shock: WOW you saw improvement soooooo fast!!! How old are you?

I had my first adjustment today and all they did was tell me I was doing a great job keeping my teeth clean and gave me new ligs. That was depressing. As weird as it sounds, I want more gear in my mouth. :lol:

I'm trying to be patient but I'm not really seeing any change in my bottom teeth at all. My top ones seem to be movin right along and the bottom ones........ nothing. They get tender from time to time but I don't see any real difference in them. Depressing. :roll:

Anyway, your teeth are looking AWESOME!!! I'm so happy you are getting your braces off so soon!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Leslie022

#98 Post by Leslie022 »

:shock: WOW you saw improvement soooooo fast!!! How old are you?

I had my first adjustment today and all they did was tell me I was doing a great job keeping my teeth clean and gave me new ligs. That was depressing. As weird as it sounds, I want more gear in my mouth. :lol:

I'm trying to be patient but I'm not really seeing any change in my bottom teeth at all. My top ones seem to be movin right along and the bottom ones........ nothing. They get tender from time to time but I don't see any real difference in them. Depressing. :roll:

Anyway, your teeth are looking AWESOME!!! I'm so happy you are getting your braces off so soon!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
momofbrock:

To answer your question, I'm 21. Yeah, my teeth have moved really fast...even my ortho was amazed!

I can understand your being slightly depressed about your ortho not doing anything major. Going into adjustments, I was always afraid they would just say, "Looking good," and send me on my way! How long have you had your braces on?

All I can say is be patient! Before you know it, you'll have the perfect teeth you've dreamed about!
Fixed bottom retainer

momofbrock

#99 Post by momofbrock »

I've had my braces on for 7 weeks. Not long, I know, but I'm impatient. The first step is admitting you have a problem! :lol:

I'm 26 and amazed how many people (mostly my parents) say "why now all of a sudden? Aren't you a little old to be getting braces now?" :shock:

I figure why go another 13 years hating my teeth if I don't have to! My mom said peoples imperfections are what make them unique. Easy for her to say... she has perfectly straight teeth. :wink:

Anyways, I'm rambling.... I've noticed oodles of movement in my top teeth but my bottom ones not so much... once they can take the bumpers off I'm sure those pesky crooked teeth will move right along! 8)

Leslie022

#100 Post by Leslie022 »

I have a new ticker!!!!! It's my tentative removal date set for November 7th. They said if I can get my frenectomy soon, then they will try to bump up the date! Yay!
Fixed bottom retainer

Joanna20

#101 Post by Joanna20 »

OMG! Your teeth look so nice, I'm jealous!
Good luck with everything!

Joanna

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

kisses14

#102 Post by kisses14 »

You're teeth are like perfect! I'm so jealous! :D

Congrats on having them off in such a short time! :-)o I don't have my braces yet, but they are telling me 24 months, give or take, depending on if I follow their instructions to a tee. 24 months seems like a long time :-+ If I do what everything she tells me to, I could have them off in 18 months, and if I don't...longer than 24! I'll tell you, I plan on doing everything I can to get them off ASAP! :-=

Please post a pic when you get them off!!! I wanna see your perfect perfect teeth naked! :thumbsup:

Leslie022

#103 Post by Leslie022 »

I'm so excited! I received a phone call today from the periodontists office just confirming my consultation appointment for Oct 10th. That will be one step closer to getting these things off! I'm just hoping they can get be back in the office FAST to have the frenectomy!!
Fixed bottom retainer

Leslie022

#104 Post by Leslie022 »

:( I'm disappointed. I went for my consultation with the periodontist today. The consultation went fine. When it came time to schedule my appointment for the frenectomy, the soonest opening they had was for November 30th! The lady said she would call me if they had any cancellations. I'm hoping for one! My braces are scheduled to be removed on November 7th, but if I haven't had the frenectomy yet, they stay on! :cry:
Fixed bottom retainer

Leslie022

#105 Post by Leslie022 »

I'm so excited! I got a call from the Periodontist this morning saying they had a cancelation and wanted to know if I would like to come in today for my Frenectomy! I'm scheduled to have it on November 30!!! Of course I want to have it done today so I can have my braces removed on November 7 (possibly Oct. 31...we'll see)!!! Yay!!! :)
Fixed bottom retainer