godawgs--class III maloccusion

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

godawgs

godawgs--class III maloccusion

#1 Post by godawgs »

Hi everyone,
this site has been so helpful. i really enjoy seeing peoples' progress so i decided to create my own post with pictures. and i am INSANE about researching things i'm thinking of doing so i am getting lots of good information here.
here's the best picture i have on-hand of my teeth pre-braces:
http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/3937 ... one4pg.jpg

i just got braces on march 7th (so it's been about 2 weeks). ceramic uppers and lowers.
i have a slight class III maloccusion (where lower jaw is further forward than upper), crowding on top and bottom (i had to get 4 first bicuspids extracted *weep*). I have fangs and my 2 front teeth flared a bit outwards so i always thought i had an overbite but i guess my teeth did that to compensate to make room. but strangely despite all my teeth issues i have a straight profile w/o protrusions.

estimated treatment time is 18-24 months. i won't have my first adjustment until 8 wks in braces. i think i see some movement, but i'm not sure if it's wishful thinking.
i heard extractions will make u have thinner lips. oh no, i don't want to lose that!
i'll post pictures of my braces very soon.
i'm 24 in my last year of law school so i'm a bit concerned about what people in my workplace next year will think of me with braces.

good luck to all of you in treatment!