Sydsmom's progress pics -- I finally got the nerve!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sydsmom

Sydsmom's progress pics -- I finally got the nerve!

#1 Post by sydsmom »

Ok, it's been 3 months...

I've been a big wuss about posting pics because my teeth are so tangled (and yellow!), but I'm so excited at how much my lower teeth have aligned. I still have a ways to go, but I can hardly believe it so far! :D

Sorry...no idea how to make these smaller. Will work on that later :oops:

Newly-braced bottom arch (incisors aren't even in the wire yet).

First adjustment bottom arch (March):

Third adjustment (should only be my 2nd, long story...) bottom arch (April). These teeth aligned in literally 24 hours after being pulled into the wire. OOOOOOUUUUUUCH!

Newly-braced top arch (not too bad, but incisor is rotated):

First adjustment top arch (with spring to make way for incisor -- OUCH!):

Third adjustment top arch (incisor finally in the archwire -- and moving!):

Will post more as time goes on...Fourth adjustment is May 17th!
Lower bicuspids extracted 1/11/06
Braced (full metal) 1/18/06

Flora2006

#2 Post by Flora2006 »

I have to agree with KK there. Your teeth are white!! They are definitely not yellow...not even yellow-ish!!! ;)

You've have some great progress!! Congrats. Your lower teeth...the 4 front ones have made tons of movement.

Good luck with the rest of your treatment :)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Leslie022

#3 Post by Leslie022 »

Yep, you've got some pearly whites! No yellow in site! Your progress is awesome! Your teeth have moved so much in such a short period of time! I know you're excited!!!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

sydsmom

#4 Post by sydsmom »

Thanks, Karen, Flora and Leslie! :D

Those extractions on the bottom have really helped to move things along. My teeth probably wouldn't be budging at all without those bicuspids gone.

I had powerchains (which you can't really see in the pictures) stretching from my back molars to my canines on the bottom, which is why things really got untangled pretty quickly.

As far as the yellow, I guess the pictures are sort of deceiving :wink: My ortho even said I'd probably have to have bonding on my lower teeth if I ever want them to be white again because my enamel is so thin. He's not convinced that whitening treatments will really be successful. Too much darn soda as a kid, I guess :oops:

Anyway, thanks for stopping by and Happy Easter to those of you who are celebrating!! :D
Lower bicuspids extracted 1/11/06
Braced (full metal) 1/18/06