chickenmarie is braced!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

chickenmarie

chickenmarie is braced!

#1 Post by chickenmarie »

what a lucky girl i am! :P

so i'm 26, live in Boston, MA. my story isn't particularly exciting - i've got a deciduous canine hanging around and it finally split in half. my parents didn't have the money to fix the problem ten years ago, so here i am dealing with it like a big girl now!

so here's my bratty baby canine:

in general, my teeth are pretty straight. the bottom left has gotten a little splayed because of the baby tooth not keeping things in check:

so i'll have to have uppers and lowers eventually. the one cool thing about all of this is that my orthodontist's office (and my dentist's) is two floors below my office. pretty sweet. and the periodontist is next door!

i was supposed to get the exposure done last friday, but the peri had a last minute emergency and cancelled. i got braced on monday without the exposure being done. oh well. this way at least i'll have some time to adjust to the uppers before the surgery and before the lowers get put on!

right now it's just still very uncomfortable. yesterday i got a really nasty headache and my jaw/sinuses were killing me. hopefully i'll only have another day or two of that. i've been trying to find lots of squishy things to eat... and going through dental wax like it's candy.

here's a pic of me with the braces - i haven't gotten any good close-ups yet, but i was happy to see how clear the ceramics are in photos! (being a single girl, my vanity won out over finances ;))

so uncomfortable or not, i guess i'm on my way! thanks for all of you and your great stories -- it's been great seeing everyone's progress -- otherwise i think i'd want to rip these things off already!

cheers,
cm
<b>adventures in orthodontia:</b>
26th birthday: May 13
uppers: May 15
exposure: May 30
lowers: June 12

sjsarre

#2 Post by sjsarre »

Hi Chickenmarie

You should change your username.. You're no chicken having braces on and exposures...

Good luck.. Keep us up to date with your progress :D

x3trinity

#3 Post by x3trinity »

Congratulations on finally getting your braces! :)

Looking forward to hearing about your progress. :wink:

x3Trinity

"God's love is always with you, God's promises are true."

Leslie022

#4 Post by Leslie022 »

Oh wow! I thought you threw in that picture of you for the heck of it! I didn't even notice you had brackets on those teeth! They look great -- from what I can see!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top