imjennwhoareyou's story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

imjennwhoareyou

imjennwhoareyou's story

#1 Post by imjennwhoareyou »

Well its not really an elaborate story or anything. I came in for a consultation and xrays and all that good stuff when I was about 13 and I chickened out and told my mom that I didn't want to go through high school with braces on. Well now at 21, I'm wishing that I did just go ahead and have it done back then. I just got my spacers on today. It wasnt too bad. They are putting my braces on the following monday... only thing is, I cant get in for my extractions (2 uppers and 1 lower.. I cant remember precisely which ones) until August 18th, which is almost two months after I have my braces on. Well I guess if they cant get me in any sooner. It just seems like two months with undue pain to me, but I could be wrong. Anyhow I hear that my mouth is supposed to be kinda sore tomorrow morning when I wake up... fun stuff..

imjennwhoareyou

oh yeah

#2 Post by imjennwhoareyou »

By the way.. this is the damage.

geez i didnt think they looked this bad close up.

juf_84

#3 Post by juf_84 »

Hi Jenn

Welcome aboard! Yep, you will wake up a bit sore tomorrow- I did this morning (spacers on for one day!). A few painkillers will help but you may find that your mouth will hurt for no reason at odd times of the day. Also, I was expecting the pain where the spacers are... but the pressure they are putting on your teeth spreads it around! Well it's all for a good cause... one day we will have beautiful smiles.

:BigTeethGrin:

Sorry about having to wait for the extractions but at least you will have begun your journey with the braces. Best of luck!
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

imjennwhoareyou

spacers

#4 Post by imjennwhoareyou »

i am definitely feeling the soreness now... ouch.

juf_84

#5 Post by juf_84 »

Hi Jenn!

Sorry to hear you're sore but remember you're not alone... I'm feeling the pain at the moment too :soremouth: I just keep reminding myself that it's not forever- we'll get through it!
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

paulosportz

#6 Post by paulosportz »

you'll have to stick with soups and soft foods.

spacers will cause abit of eating problems till monday. mainly the spacers hitting ur gums when u chew down

imjennwhoareyou

#7 Post by imjennwhoareyou »

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah definitely agree biting down sucks

OneTime

#8 Post by OneTime »

Soft food for a while with those spacer.

Your in for the start and at the end it will be wonderful.

In process...
4 spacer and upper braced 1/10
Spacer removed and fully braced 1/24
Final 05/15/08

imjennwhoareyou

#9 Post by imjennwhoareyou »

ha i hear its a great weight loss tool, these orthodontic braces...

i should have bought a bunch of taffy today and eaten it while i still can...

so i get my braces tomorrow.... i will have pics up!

OneTime

#10 Post by OneTime »

Have fun today :D

In process...
4 spacer and upper braced 1/10
Spacer removed and fully braced 1/24
Final 05/15/08

sangel

#11 Post by sangel »

Hi Jenn,

I made the same mistake when I was 13 aswell. Now I'm 30 and I 've decided to get braced :) .. so don't be sad for making a treatment at the age of 21. I'm on the last stage of my treatment. You will be very glad in 6 months when you will start to see the progress and the change.. trust me... you are a pretty lady so you made a wise decision..both for aesthetic reasons and mouth hygiene.

later..

At last

#12 Post by At last »

O wow you are getting your braces on TODAY!!! I hope the process goes well!! Best of luck... I cant wait until you get back and let us know how it went!!

imjennwhoareyou

imjennwhoareyou's update

#13 Post by imjennwhoareyou »

So this morning I came I went to my orthodontist's office at 10:00 am. I had to wait about half an hour before they could see me. When I got in, the ortho assistant told me she didnt really like ceramic braces as much, but that it would be my choice. I asked her why. She said because of the cost, and how it would be about 6 months longer in my case to get them and she also said that it was harder for them to work with. I started to think about it. Banding took about half an hour... She said my teeth were pretty small because she started out with "average sized" brackets and kept on having to move down. By the time my banding was done, I decided to go with the metal ones after all. So an hour and a half later, I became a metal mouth. I hope to have a pic up soon