Libby4613's Braces Story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Libby4613

Libby4613's Braces Story

#1 Post by Libby4613 »

Hey everyone! I'm getting braces soon, and even though I'm not an adult, this is the only place I thought I might get positive feedback on my progress so...
Here is a picture of what my teeth look like now
I'll keep adding more pictures once I get my braces on.
Anything special I need to know before getting my braces?
Thanks in advance!

Libby4613

#2 Post by Libby4613 »

Thanks KK!

Libby4613

#3 Post by Libby4613 »

I'm not quite sure when brace-day is, but I do have an appointment this coming Tuesday (September 5th). I'll probably just be getting spacers and all that to get started. I think my official brace day might be September 27th. That's my next appointment after the 5th.

Libby4613

#4 Post by Libby4613 »

Bump!
Well I got my brackets and spacers! My only problem is that the little hook on one of my eye teeth made a cut or something in my mouth, and everytime I smile or talk or anything the hook catches in that cut. Is there anyway I can make it heal? And if I stop using wax will it just get cut again? The ortho said I shouldn't use wax too much... Can anyone help?

Leslie022

#5 Post by Leslie022 »

When I was first braced, my braces cut up the inside of my mouth. What I did was only use the wax at night giving my mouth a rest from the brackets. I also used warm salt water rinses to help heal the cuts. Only using the wax at night helped toughen up the inside of my mouth. Good luck and congratulations!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

momofbrock

#6 Post by momofbrock »

I did the opposite... since I did all my talking/smiling/eating during the day I only wore wax during the day. Took it off at night and although my mouth was pretty sore in the morning (you'd be amazed how much you move your tongue around while you sleep) I'd just put wax on and be good to go for the day.
Eating w/out pain is priceless!!!!
:D

Libby4613

#7 Post by Libby4613 »

Hey everybody! It's been a while, but I'm back! I've had my braces on for about two months now, and I have a slight problem. I've had them tightened only once so far, and I had power chains put on. When I first had them on, I noticed that one of the o-rings came off of one of the corners of it's bracket. It was one of the front brackets, so I knew it would bug me every time I looked at it. I easily put it back on with a safety pin. But tonight I noticed one of the back ones came off on one corner. Since it's in the back, it won't bother me, but will it affect my treatment? My next appointment is December 20th I think, so should I make a repair appointment, or is it ok to just wait until they're changed?

Your advice would be greatly appreciated!
Libby

Libby4613

#8 Post by Libby4613 »

Well, I know I haven't visited this site in like, 2 years, but I just wanted to share the good news that I am quite possibly and most likely getting my braces off in 13 days! I've got an appointment for October 27th, and it's for a "possible deband". I'm so excited! So, I'm going to try to get my original picture back on here, and then after my debanding, I'll post the after! I do have a few pictures from in between, but they're on my other family computer so I'll post them sometime soon.