Oh man.. here I go! Marley's story (updated pics on page 5)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Marley

Oh man.. here I go! Marley's story (updated pics on page 5)

#1 Post by Marley »

Hello,

Just want to say thanks to everyone for posting their stories! I have been reading them since Dec, when I finally decided to get this done! I'm a 26 y/o female. It took me years to finally do this. I'll be getting them put on March 5th. The day before my 27th birthday. Needless to say, I had to change the date for my bday dinner!

When my adult teeth came in, I was missing a tooth beside the front one, so all my teeth shifted over. My dentist pointed all this out in junior high. At the time I was terrified of braces and getting my wisdom teeth taken out. My parents didn't look too enthused (spending the $$) so I happily said no. Boy do I wish I would have let them pay! ha...

So finally in Dec I decided enoughs enough! I always thought I was going to live with brutal teeth. I think I'm still in shock that I finally did it!! I made the appt. Went and got my wisdom teeth out and finally bit the bullet. Had the consult on Monday and the moulding today. I can't believe how excited I am. My teeth are terrible (will put up pics in a bit). I've always been a confident person, but I've always known the teeth were holding me back just a little!

Anyways.. I feel so bad for my friends and family to hear anymore about "my braces!" ... but I still had to get it out! 1 week and 5 days!!

Hope everyone is getting along good! This site is great!
Last edited by Marley on Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:08 pm, edited 9 times in total.

maryjay

#2 Post by maryjay »

hi marley,
welcome!!!! glad you decided to have braces, its never too late to fix a smile.

Caroline

#3 Post by Caroline »

Congrats on your decision, Marley! I hope you will have a hassle-free journey...
Ceramics
Top braced January 7, 2005
Bottom braced February 4, 2005
Tops off July 10, 2006!!!
Bottoms off August 15, 2006!!!

manglemouth

Re: Oh man.. here I go! My story

#4 Post by manglemouth »

When my adult teeth came in, I was missing a tooth beside the front one, so all my teeth shifted over.
Hi Marley!

I am missing that tooth too (only in my case it was pulled), so my midline is off too. So I know how much that can throw things off when it comes to a nice smile! Welcome to this board, I am still pretty new myself, but absolutely love it here!

Congrats on getting braces so soon! :thumbsup:

Marley

#5 Post by Marley »

Ha thanks everyone! The days are passing way too slowly!

Manglemouth.. are you getting yours on today?! Your ticker said 0 days.

Yeah they shifted quite a bit. Looks like I have one front tooth.. really pretty :) Also when my adult teeth came in, they came in stained! I think I got totally ripped off! So my pictures will still be bad, but once these braces come off, I'm going to make sure I go into my dentist and get these stains off as well.

bracey

#6 Post by bracey »

hi marley
I can really identify with what you wrote, I am also a somewhat confident person but feel a little self consious about my teeth and think they hold me back a little..

Marley

#7 Post by Marley »

Hello!

So they have been on for 5 hours. I have Damons. I definitely thought it was going to feel much bulkier in my mouth.. so I'm pleasantly surprised. I'm having a hard time looking in the mirror! A little too metallicy!

Tomorrow I'll go buy some batteries for my camera and post some pictures.

A little frustrated that I can't eat leftover pizza and icecream cake from a party last night.. oh well.. 18 months I'll be happy!

Thanks again for everyones advise and stories!

Jenny5

#8 Post by Jenny5 »

Yay Marley, you finally got them! My plan is for 18 months too and I'm only a month ahead of you, so maybe we'll be finishing around the same time. Can't wait to see the progress pics!

Jenny5

#9 Post by Jenny5 »

[Blast! Double post!]

jumbie

#10 Post by jumbie »

Hey I turned 27 on the 2nd March..looks like we both got ourselves the same birthday present lolol. I'll be getting my brackets tomorrow. I was in a bit of pain on my birthday cause I had in separators but they're ok. My crowding is mild so I hope this will be a relatively quick process

victor36

#11 Post by victor36 »

hi marley!
congratulations on your decision to get braces... it's never too late to create a beautiful smile! (this coming from a 36-year-old) :tingrin:

~Victor
B-day: 02/06/07
Adjustments: 04/03/07, 05/30/07, 07/25/07, 09/18/07, 11/15/07, 01/10/08, 03/04/08, 05/08/08
Debonding: 07/01/08
18 month prognosis
Actual Treatment Time: 1 year, 4 months, 25 days
Click on the Image ↓↓ below for my story.

Patricia S.

#12 Post by Patricia S. »

YAY!!! Congrats Marley. I'm not too far behind you, my appt just moved up!!!

Patricia

Marley

#13 Post by Marley »

That's awesome Patricia! Closer to getting them off :)

Well I finally took pics. These are brutal.. I cannot believe it took me this long to get braces! So as you can tell I am missing a tooth beside the front ones (I still haven't gotten terminology down!! ha) This is Day 2

.. Looking forward to a professional whitening as well when these braces are done! I have had stains since I've had my adult teeth.. not fun!

Anyways...

I'm feeling fine about it. The pain is whatever.. better then I expected. No real big things to say! I can't see it effecting my life (other then food!) I have been hanging out with a new guy for the last couple weeks and he has no problem with it... :)
Last edited by Marley on Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Danielle

#14 Post by Danielle »

When my adult teeth came in, I was missing a tooth beside the front one, so all my teeth shifted over.
I have a similar situation... I have both front teeth but I'm missing one of the ones that goes next to it (I don't know the terminology either). Add that to a crossbite (in the front tooth) and severe overcrowding and you land in my world. I'm happy to report that my teeth are coming together very well so far... and I'm sure yours will too!

Good luck with your journey.
Metal Braces: August 18, 2006-January 14, 2009
Essix-type Retainers: January 14, 2009--present

victor36

i'm sorry

#15 Post by victor36 »

sorry Kiwi :oops: :? :cry:

i fixed my post and my signature. i didnt realize it throws off the format... my apologies...

~Victor
B-day: 02/06/07
Adjustments: 04/03/07, 05/30/07, 07/25/07, 09/18/07, 11/15/07, 01/10/08, 03/04/08, 05/08/08
Debonding: 07/01/08
18 month prognosis
Actual Treatment Time: 1 year, 4 months, 25 days
Click on the Image ↓↓ below for my story.