Dorky Mom and Kool Kid--A parent/child bonding "thing&q

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

schoolhousepunkrock!

Dorky Mom and Kool Kid--A parent/child bonding "thing&q

#1 Post by schoolhousepunkrock! »

I have never been happy with my teeth and made the decision that this year I would explore options for fixing my smile. Sure, it looked OK on the outside (with some spaces) but the crossbite action in the back was killing my jaw and the teeth on my right. Now at 32, I was taking the plunge both financially and physically.

As it so happens, the kid (12 yo), needed to be evaluated to take care of some issues from permanent teeth coming in while the baby teeth held strong. So, I planned our consultations before my health insurance open enrollment and was given a treatment plan for both of us for the next 24 (him) to 36 (me) months.

After Open Enrollment and maxing out my health care reimbursement contributions for the next year in order to go ahead and pay for these, we made the appointment to go in. My son was less than thrilled, especially didn't find my jokes about the mother-son bonding time we would have eating soft food to be amusing. We both got our braces the end of July; tops for him for now and full set with a TPA for me.

Today is one month for me and I just had my first adjustment. Being the Dorky Mom that I am, I got bright blue ligs on mine this time both top and bottom. He had to be adjusted a few days earlier due to pulling out a section of archwire via the coil spring, but he went 5 weeks so no harm done this time. Now to convince him to add some color other than silver...maybe when he gets the bottoms put on in December? Wonder what his teachers will think when we meet them next week of the mom with the blue teeth (and fingernails to match)?