Got my braces this morning!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

themusicmaker

Got my braces this morning!

#1 Post by themusicmaker »

I was so nervous leading up to the day but I had a wonderful hygienist! I got (infinity) clear on top. I'm actually shocked how comfortable they feel on the inside of my lip. I'm pretty in touch with the inside of my mouth being a brass player. I'm just so happy now I did this. I had apprehensions of how they would feel and look. My teeth feel a little tight and slightly sore but nothing awful (I know tomorrow will be the test!)

This board has been invaluable on learning stuff. Thanks! I look forward to 2 years of hanging out.

rwashington007

Re: Got my braces this morning!

#2 Post by rwashington007 »

Congrats on getting braced... :-* its such a great feeling once you take that plunge. I am one of those lucky pain free folks with braces so I don't have any pain stories....but hopefully you will share my luck as well...

Again congrats and welcome :jump:

bracesmcgee

#3 Post by bracesmcgee »

Congratulations! Until joining this board, I thought I was the only weird one that hadn't experienced any excruciating pain yet with my braces...but I don't want to jynx myself hahah I've only had them on for a little over two weeks. Congrats again!

rwashington007

#4 Post by rwashington007 »

bracesmcgee wrote:Congratulations! Until joining this board, I thought I was the only weird one that hadn't experienced any excruciating pain yet with my braces...but I don't want to jynx myself hahah I've only had them on for a little over two weeks. Congrats again!
Well I'm glad to see someone else out there has the same experience as me also...lol... I did read your post about your appliance and it hurting and making you talk funny. I think it might be a little more difficult with you being that you have to new foreign objects in your mouth (braces & crib) but in a few weeks your mouth will recognize it and you will speak normal again.

When I first got my braces in I was talking with a lisp and one of my co-workers teased me for like a week straight...everytime he would talk to me he would make sure he did it with a lisp...I didn't like it...but it was funny so I still ended up laughing :lol: