32 yr old sharing this experience with my kids!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sharisserobinson

32 yr old sharing this experience with my kids!

#1 Post by sharisserobinson »

I posted on the other board on here but I figured I would share my story here.

My name is Sharisse and I am 32 yrs old. I have considered braces for many years now because I just didn't like my smile. Then just recently I found out that my bite was what was causing my teeth to break down.....so here my journey begins........

So I got my brackets put on June 8th but I didn't get my wires in until June 21st.

First few days with just the brackets was definitely different.....I had a few offending brackets that I had to wax for the first day or 2...but after that my cheeks started adjusting alot better. I think I popped off my first bracket within about 3 hours of having them put on :( Yeah Yeah I bite down on a crunchy piece of pizza...hmmmmm...anyway. One more popped off about 24 hours later.....man my ortho bout kicked my butt....LOL

So when I got the wires put in all was fine for a few hours til the pressure kicked in.....hmmmm definitely a different experience there. :shock:
I also realized I had 2 offending wires that I just could not hack so I went to the ortho the following day and had those shaved down....shewww that was a lot of relief.... :D

Since then I have noticed a few things.... 1) I can not bite my nails anymore.....WOOHOO how's that for help breaking a bad habit.<---Love that one.
2) At the same time I haven't really been able to bite anything with my front teeth.....LOL I guess I will adjust sometime...
3) I think I might actually be losing some weight.....(too afraid to step on a scale yet...LOL)
4) Turn about is fair play when it comes to my son....LOL He's loving this :)

So I have 5 children 3 of which have some kind of metal in their mouths....... My son (14) has braces on his uppers....2 of my daughters (10 and 8) have palette expanders to try and prevent overcrowding. Luckily the others don't need anything yet....my youngest daughter is 6 so he hasn't mentioned anything with her yet and my oldest daughter (17) seems not to need anything at this time....shewwwwww.......

As soon as I am able to post pics I will do so. From what I understand from my ortho I will be getting a coil spring put on my bottom wire for a severly crowded tooth next visit and also some bite bumpers because of a crossbite...HMMMM interesting...LOL

I will keep everyone updated.

Thank you all for all your support. Yeah I'm new but I have been stalking :lol: this board for a little while (since I found out I was getting them)....so I appreciate everyone sharing their stories so I knew what to expect.

Sharisse

Jensniffer

Re: 32 yr old sharing this experience with my kids!

#2 Post by Jensniffer »

Funny you mention the nails thing, I have been a chronic nail bitter my entire life, I am just over a month with braces and my nails are beautiful! I have a few friends that are jealous of how nice and long my nails are. Time for a manicure I think :) I am hoping that in 2 years I will not have the urge to go back to nail bitting!

Jenn B

#3 Post by Jenn B »

Congrats on your new journey! I'm also sharing my expereince with my 13 year old son! I was braced on June 1st and he was braced on June 8th! He just has uppers right now but goes back on July 18th for his lowers!

sharisserobinson

#4 Post by sharisserobinson »

I have all my kids asking for back scratches now...LOL...and the 4 girls are like...."ooooo I wanna grow my nails out like mom!" It is definitely a cool experience.

I don't think I could have picked a better time for braces cause I get to share that whole awkward family pictures phase with them...LOL! I love it!

:lol:

sharisserobinson

#5 Post by sharisserobinson »

Alllllllrighty then! I know it's been a little while since I posted here but I wanted to update on my journey. :BigTeethGrin:

So I went to the ortho yesterday...... :shock: and heard him say something...about having to move my second bicuspid back...since it's the last one I have back there....it's making me kinda nervous......HOW IS HE GOING TO MOVE IT WHEN I DON'T HAVE MOLARS???? :-+ I would love it if that man gave me a heads up...... Got my wires changed and got me some perty blue ligs....woohoo!!!!! My teeth seem to be moving along pretty well. I have had difficulty keeping my brackets attached though....not sure why they don't want to stay on....maybe bad bonding but 2 bottom ones don't like me very much.... :roll:

My son had his adjustment yesterday also and we are twinkies...we both have blue ligs...woohoo!

Ok so I also found out that my 10yr old daughter is getting her braces put on Tuesday. He wants hers to be put on before school starts. She currently has an expander in and he said that the braces would help spread her arch out....... :-+ I thought she was bad when that got put in (she actually refused to eat and thought she was going to choke on those) I hope that the braces will not end up like that. Let's hope for the best on that one :-#)

OH OH OH and my nails....they are to die for....I haven't had nails like these for as long as I have known me.....LOL

Alrighty tah tah for now!

Sharisse

sharisserobinson

#6 Post by sharisserobinson »

Wow it's been a while since I have updated things around here. I have been really busy with everything else.

Teeth: Well they haven't done much moving around. The Dr hasn't put in a new wire since the I first got these one. I have an adjustment today so hopefully he will start to change things up. That's all for mine.
My kiddos let's see......My son has a debrace day of Dec 13th...woohoo for him. My daughter has had hers one since August and there has definitely been some movement but now she is asking the dentist when he is changing her wire out too....LOL....like mother like daughter...LOL. My other daughter is waiting for her new appliance (expander) he decided the front teeth need to be pushed out on hers. My 17yr old daughter will be joining in on the braces event soon. She has a crossbite and the dentist already did all her molds so now we are just waiting for him to decide what to do. Wow we have a lot of metal mouths in the house.....ROFLMAO!!!!

Ok so guess what other appt I have today.................... I got a positive pregnancy test on November 17th. Woohoo!!!! Wait....scary....wait I have no idea....LOL So I will be delivering a child with braces in my mouth....LOL.....Wow I have heard comments about me being Ugly Betty....braces, glasses, and kinda dorky.....LMAO what's next????

Have a great Thanksgiving weekend and I will try and get an update in later about both the dentist and the Dr...

JennyLaughs

#7 Post by JennyLaughs »

Congrats on the baby news!

sharisserobinson

#8 Post by sharisserobinson »

OMG I just logged in here for the first time in over a year....So many things have been going on I don't even know where to start.....

Uh ok so yes I was pregnant and that child is now 6+ months old. Fenyx Levi was born on July 30th 2012 weighing 7lbs 0oz and 18inches long. He's a miracle child as his daddy wasn't supposed to have any children. So now I have an 18 yr old Daughter, 15 yr old son, 12-9-7 yr old girls and a 6 month old son.....Shewwwww Ok since then my oldest son no longer has braces, my oldest daughter got braces a week before my son for his off, my 12 yr old daughter got brackets in August of 2011, my younger 9 yr old has recently gotten a space maintainer.....uh and I think that's it for them for now.

I still have my braces on.....they have moved alot since the last time I posted....a hundred years ago....ROFLMAO! My bottoms are still crooked as all get out but he is still working on moving my back molar back so he can get to my sideways tooth. My top have rounded out nicely and are just hanging out I guess.

As soon as I can get some pics on this computer I will try and get my before and now pics posted.

Have a great day and thanks for listening.

Tobilei

#9 Post by Tobilei »

Holy crow things have been going on with you! Congratulations on the birth of your son :)

Whew, I empathize with all the braces business. I have a 13 year old in them due off in September this year, mine, due off in January next year (hopefully) and twin 10 year olds who are both going to need them in the next year or 2.

Kipepeo

#10 Post by Kipepeo »

Congrats on all your stuff!! Does your ortho give frequent flyer miles? He should!! Thanks for updating us!!

sharisserobinson

#11 Post by sharisserobinson »

My dentist is training for ortho so he is giving us a really good deal on all this work. He is getting frequent flyer miles from us...LMAO

Thank you for the congrats. Like I said so many things going on so little time to get them all across on here..