Sophies Story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Xoph012

Sophies Story

#1 Post by Xoph012 »

Hi I just came back from the ortho and finally have my braces so happy but now a bit of soreness is starting to kick in oweee. >:(
So hi my names Sophie and i'm 20 I have an impacted canine tooth which the last remaining baby tooth is blocking I think so my ortho wants to create a space and hopefully the adult tooth moves through if not then an operation including a chain and if the worst case happens and the adult tooth doesn't want to play then the adult gets removed and i'd have to have a bridge or implant.
By the way he's only done the top because of the impacted canine and eventually the bottom teeth will be braced

So thats my story hopefully you can help me with things like 'feelings' in teeth and such and good tips and things like that :)

So heres my pictures

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

so I hope you join me on this story to a nicer smile thanks xx

BetsyBug

Re: Sophies Story

#2 Post by BetsyBug »

Hi Sophie :) Welcome :-1
I definitely is nice to be around other "bracefaces" :) I definitely needed to be able to ask questions and vent especially early on in my treatment...
Elizabeth
Getting top and bottom traditional metal braces and bite turbos
correcting crowding, overbite, and TMJ on 3/6/2012
Turbos Removed 8/14/2012

Click for my story

Xoph012

#3 Post by Xoph012 »

Hi :)

My teeth feel 'fine' at the moment feels like they're moving doesn't hurt that much just more of an unusual feeling.
But whats the 2nd day like people have said the 2nd day is the worst bit scared o_0 and whats it like brushing your teeth for the first time after getting braced?

dojo

#4 Post by dojo »

Welcome to the community and best of luck with your journey. It might be painful in the first days, so prepare for a little rough time. You can take some painkillers if you need. I took one or 2 and then was OK. Keep us posted :)
Orthodontics patient from 2007 to 2010.
Orthodontic Braces

NICURN85

#5 Post by NICURN85 »

Hi and welcome Sophie!! Welcome to the wonderful world of braces. Well my second day I was in so much pain. It hurt to floss especially. Just take some pain reliever to help with the pain. I had my top put on before my bottoms and my tops hurt for a good two weeks. Like I hit them one day with a straw and it felt like someone had hit me with a brick. Now when my bottoms went on I was only hurting for a few days. I wish you the best and keep us updated on your progress. Hopefully you will get lucky and won't feel too much pain!!!!!
~KIMMIE

Click here to view my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42578

Xoph012

#6 Post by Xoph012 »

Awww thansk for all the lovely replies I feel so loved :D

Well day two I took painkillers just in case.
Last night I slept lovely but I kept waking up wondering what was on my teeth even my dog keeps looking at my teeth.

Two of my teeth my front tooth on the left and the tooth on the left of that are pretty sensitive at the moment while brushing but I felt like someone had pushed it really hard last night for a secound. It felt very weird.

Still got a lisp don't know how long that lasts and i'm drooling a bit :oops: hopefully i'll get rid of that soon but it will be all worth it.

So in your opinion whats day two like for you and how does it feel when your teeth are moving and when is it safe to eat even if its soft, I think I might be being a bit to cautious I only had a few tiny mouthfuls of sponge yesterday so i'm starving now haha.

So yesterdays picture
P9190207.jpg

And Todays picture I think it looks like my teeth have moved a tiny bit or I might just be paranoid
Photo 21.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Xoph012

#7 Post by Xoph012 »

OH NO! One of my brackets has come off what should I do I haven't eaten anything hard been on a liquid diet since getting them.

What could it be gonna ring ortho tomorrow morning hopefully they'll be open on sunday fingers crossed

TMJJill

#8 Post by TMJJill »

Certainly call your ortho. It isn't uncommon to have a bracket come off, especially soon after getting them on. Your ortho can put it back on.

Braces as Phase II treatment for TMJD.
Lower mandibular repositioning splint 26 months.
Lower braces on 10.75 months into Phase II treatment.
Duration in braces: 2 years, 2 weeks, 5 days
Removal of Braces: September 18, 2013

TMJD treatment now complete!

Xoph012

#9 Post by Xoph012 »

oh good I was just brushing them and it looked loose on the first day i got them i felt a pop on that tooth but I looked it up and someone said it might have been the wire pulling too tightly but now i'm starting to think it was the bracket becoming loose

Xoph012

#10 Post by Xoph012 »

I'M REGLUED :D My teeth are achy again >:( well that tooth but the ortho said it was due to the pressure on the tooth but thank goodness the brace is working again :)

BetsyBug

#11 Post by BetsyBug »

good glad to hear you are back on track!! I'm sure you will start seeing some amazing results soon :jump: :jump:
Elizabeth
Getting top and bottom traditional metal braces and bite turbos
correcting crowding, overbite, and TMJ on 3/6/2012
Turbos Removed 8/14/2012

Click for my story

Xoph012

#12 Post by Xoph012 »

Oh I know my tooth can feel it just hoping it doesn't ping off trying to keep of liquids for another hour or so, just so the glue can really work