bands causing bad cheek irritation

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lirvinrn

bands causing bad cheek irritation

#1 Post by Lirvinrn »

Has anyone else had this? I had bands with Invisalign too and they did the same thing. It's tolerable for part of the day and by the inside of my cheek is so sore, it hurts to talk and chew and I wince if I smile or laugh. I don't have a latex allergy but am wondering if it could be that, or just that it is unnatural for rubber to be touching sensitive skin...

belistic10

Re: bands causing bad cheek irritation

#2 Post by belistic10 »

Omg yes!! :( mine kill! I did get latex free just a bit less irittating but I have double each side and they hurt my cheeks especially every morning. It sucks! So unfortunately I think its normal. Maybe try latex free just incase it helps a little

Zoie51

#3 Post by Zoie51 »

I always some sore in my mouth. I used a lot of wax! Watch acidity foods and choose your toothpaste carefully. Nothing with extra additives like whitener. I used crest cavity fighting toothpaste... It had nothing in it but fluoride. Make sure your mouth is not dry, drink lots of water. Hope this helps!

aleksalynn

#4 Post by aleksalynn »

I feel your pain (literally). Just about the time your cheeks get used to the brackets, they throw those elastics on. They do tear the inside of the cheek all up to h*ll, but I can attest that you do get used to it. And better yet, they will do the job they're put in there for.