Nanhut's Braces...

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Nanhut

Nanhut's Braces...

#1 Post by Nanhut »

Braced top and bottom: 7/26/05
Estimated time to Completion: 12 months

It's only been a week but I feel like a whole year has gone by. I feel these braces every minute of every day. I still can't eat anything solid yet. I hope I didn't make the wrong decision because really my teeth were not that bad but I'm 35 and I feel like my bottom teeth are starting to cave in moving forward and backwards on some. I had a nightmare the other day that a few of my teeth fell out. My mouth is so small and when I close it I look strange because they poke out.

I've been reading a lot of posts and I do hope that Docs overestimate the time frame to complete. I hope I make it. :cry:

I'll put up pictures soon.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Wired:7/26/05
Estimated treatment: 12 months
See 'Our Braces Stories' for pics and info.

Jean

Hang in there

#2 Post by Jean »

Hi Nanhut. I replied to your post in my own story and asked whether you have both arches braced. Then it occured to me that you might have started posting your story, and lookee here!

Hang in there. I think that if you felt motivated enough to get these braces put on, that you will be glad that you did it in the end.

Re the feeling that they are poking out: Someone in another thread put it this way: "I feel that I look like a chimp." I thought that that put it quite well. :lol:

Jean
Metal braces on lower arch.
Estimated treatment time: 18 months

Nanhut

Pictures!

#3 Post by Nanhut »

I finally was able to put up some pictures. This is me at week one.
:o Mouth still pretty sore.

Nanhut

Doing better

#4 Post by Nanhut »

I'm nearing two weeks and I'm feeling better. I've been able to eat different things on the back of my teeth but the fronts are still very sensitive. I'm still dealing with the fact that I feel like a chipmunk since my mouth is so small and my braces are so big. It's a funny feeling but I'm sure in a month or so.... I won't even know that they are there. :mrgreen:

Nanhut

three weeks...

#5 Post by Nanhut »

It's been three weeks and things are finally settling down. My teeth don't hurt as much and I'm able to eat most things using my molars only. I am glad that the pain has subsided and feel like I'm getting used to them. I didn't think it would ever happen.

I've been exceptional in keeping them clean. Brushing after every meal and flossing every night. I'm actually surprised at myself :shock: !

Many of my teeth are sore to the touch and I can't stop feeling them with my fingers and my tongue. I'm trying to stop because it's probably not good to be poking at them. Has anyone else had this problem?

Jean

#6 Post by Jean »

Many of my teeth are sore to the touch and I can't stop feeling them with my fingers and my tongue. I'm trying to stop because it's probably not good to be poking at them. Has anyone else had this problem?
All the time, Nanhut! I can't stop myself either. For me, it's mostly with my tongue, and that's ALL THE TIME.

And, while we're at it: I took this on of my own volition, and I want the results, so I am loathe to complain; BUT, I am wondering if I will ever get adjusted so that I can talk right. I was getting on a plane last night and the steward said something like, "Hello, how are you?" Trying to give a simple answer, my mouth got caught up in the braces somehow and I despaired that I can't rely on anything coming out right ever. One never knows when the mouth is going to get hung up. Phooey.

Onward, we must go.

Jean

loxodonta

#7 Post by loxodonta »

I too have had this problem. My tongue won't stay off of them and I am constantly looking at them in the mirror. I thought it was just because they're new...

Nanhut

#8 Post by Nanhut »

I think I'm going to post this question on the regular board to see what other people have to say.

Jean

#9 Post by Jean »

So I think I have a life ... but it amazes me how having braces has impacted on it ... well at this early stage anyway!
My sentiments exactly. I do want to get braces on the top in a couple of months, but considering how intrusive I've found the lowers to be, I'm thinking that to have both at the same time is going to be overwhelming. :(

Jean

Nanhut

Progress update!

#10 Post by Nanhut »

Well I'm finally used to these puppies and I can see some significant progress in such a short amount of time. I've attached some new pictures for your review... let me know what you think. :D These were taken today.

Jean

Hi Nan and Karen

#11 Post by Jean »

Nan, your lower teeth look like they've moved a lot. They are looking good. I've had my lowers since July 13th and I don't see any improvement yet. The first weeks were spent just loosening them up, I believe. This last adjustment, the ortho said that the crooked tooth that is crowded out will probably look like it's getting worse for a while, as the other teeth beside it are moved apart to make room for that tooth.

Karen, my tongue is sore because I still just can't keep it from probiing those brackets and wire. What a silly phenomenon.

Jean

Nanhut

Lost a bracket...

#12 Post by Nanhut »

One of my brackets fell off about 2 weeks ago and my orth could only fit me in yesterday to fix it. My next regular scheduled adjustment appointment was not until 10/27. After the tech fixed it, he told her to do the full adjustment and move my next appointment out 6 more weeks. So... I have a new thicker archwire and one rubber band on the right side. I wasn't prepared for all that but I was happy to move my treatment along! I should start to see my bottom teeth move back together now (they started making some small spaces). I'll post some pictures tonight to show the progress and my new contraption. :lol:

Nanhut

#13 Post by Nanhut »

Here are the pictures taken Oct 12, 2005

M1k3y

#14 Post by M1k3y »

Awesome progress. Do you have any updates?
Braced 5-27-06 - 18 months with braces
Case 1 - minor crookedness
Envision Composite Brackets
M1k3y's introduction with photos
M1k3y's journey with photos

Debranded 3-20-08