DAN'S STORY (BACK IN ORTHODONTIC TREATMENT)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

cassad

DAN'S STORY (BACK IN ORTHODONTIC TREATMENT)

#1 Post by cassad »

Hey everyone,

im kinda new to this forum. i have a class 111 underbite. i got my braces on aug 04. fast forward to today my teeth are perfect and im awaiting jaw surgery. two jaw surgery to be precise. im getting it done on the 21st December. only 33 days away. my surgeon is one of the nicest guys i ever met. im looking forward to surgery but as well a bit nervous. if anyone has had this type of surgery please be free to post any expreiences anyone has had to this type of surgery.

thanks

cassad
Last edited by cassad on Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cassad

#2 Post by cassad »

I saw my surgeon again today. everything felt so real as photos, moulds and measurments wre being taken. he said that i would only need upper jaw surgery but he said for me to consent to both jaws just in case. its only 21 more days to go and im getting more excited as the days progress. after years of being taunted and laughed at because of my underbite something is being done about it. i will keep everyone progessed as the days near closer.

thanks
cassad

Svensk Tiger

#3 Post by Svensk Tiger »

I know the feeling. I have a class 2 malocclusion and was teased quite badly as a child. My teeth won't be ready for surgery until next year but I honestly cannot wait. Hope it all goes well for you.

Good luck and take care :)
Metal upper and lower: 6th Sep. 2005
Quad helix in: 1st Dec. 2005
Quad Helix out: 31st March 2006
Surgery (upper/lower/genio): 11th Nov. 2006
Braces off: 17th March 2007
Under chin liposculpture and fat transplant to cheeks: 20th October 2007

cassad

#4 Post by cassad »

Two weeks tommorrow surgery will be upon me. i can feel my self getting excited but in the same time nervous. i get the surgical wires on thursday.
No more underbite. im worried about the cost of the atheasthist. well will keep everyone informed how the surgery goes and the costs.

thanks

Svensk Tiger

#5 Post by Svensk Tiger »

Good luck! :D
Metal upper and lower: 6th Sep. 2005
Quad helix in: 1st Dec. 2005
Quad Helix out: 31st March 2006
Surgery (upper/lower/genio): 11th Nov. 2006
Braces off: 17th March 2007
Under chin liposculpture and fat transplant to cheeks: 20th October 2007

cassad

#6 Post by cassad »

almost only one more week to go till the big day. having some of my favourite food in the lead up to next week. the weeks after the surgery will be pretty bleak. got the price of the atheastist will be around 1200 - 1300 australian dollars. the surgical hooks i got on last week are like fish hooks. they get so much food caught between them. the surgery will be around 3 hours approx and probably a bit longer if the bottom jaw needs doing. im excited but in the same bit a bit nervous.

will keep everyone informed.
Last edited by cassad on Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

cassad

#7 Post by cassad »

i live in victoria. surgery in goin to be performed in melbourne . hopefully i will be in hospital for only one day but i have been booked in for 3 days.
one more week to go.

wahoo!!!!!!!!!

cassad

#8 Post by cassad »

i had my jaw surgery yesterday. was a complete sucess. i only got the upper jaw done and there was no need for the bottom jaw. after surgery it was like hell, vomiting and pain. got discharged from hospital today. my jaw was moved forward 1 cm. Eating is hard even though im on softfoods.

cassad

#9 Post by cassad »

around 5pm 2 days post op. i can't belive i feel so much better. this morning i felt like crap but i found this afternoon ive been able to walk around get on the comp and stuff. my face has balloned like anything but when ever i look in the mirror the underbite is gone. i actaully enjoy the soft food diet. baby food, sugasten all yummy. looking forward till i can actually use my new bite.

will keep everyone informed as the days process.

thanks
cassad :D

happyhelen

#10 Post by happyhelen »

wow i just read your post!! wow congratulations, your so brave!!!
how are you feeking now? much better i hope.
im sure that the new year will be so fab, you have done the hard bit by going through surgery...now its just recovery time watching all the changes take place.
keep us up to date with your progress
merry Christmas
xx happy h xx

cassad

#11 Post by cassad »

3 days post op - around 7pm

today was an ok day. ive found the soft food diet is taking its tool with me not having alot of engery. my face has got a bit bigger with swelling and i feel so heady. ive lost around 2 kgs already which isn't too bad. this surgery i reckon u have to have some guts because it is very hard to watch everyone else eat there chicken and luciuous chips etc while u look down at the gloush. it is tough but hang in there because once the bleak days are over your the one with the better jaw and smile.

everyone have a good day will have another post tommorrow sometime.

thanks
cassad

cassad

#12 Post by cassad »

7pm - 4 days post op

Today Christmas Day. I thought today of all days i would be the day where i indugle in ham, chicken and the works. but today i stayed home watching dvds and drinking soup. im on a soft diet 4 days post op. pureded stuff. with having upper jaw surgery my head feels so heady. the swelling has reached it most and is going down slowly. i see my surgeon on wednesday and i hope he gives me a date to go back to normal food. because i miss food. anyway my jaw is stiff and tired im going to bed. my energy levels aren't the same as they were before.

thanks
cassad

weird_wired

#13 Post by weird_wired »

Oh dear :(

You'll have to do yourself a belated Christmas meal when your mouth settles down a bit.

At least you probably haven't put on as many kilos as the rest of us have though...

cassad

#14 Post by cassad »

Day 5 Post Op - Around 7pm

Today probably the best i have felt since my surgery. My swelling has subsidsed quite a bit. Went out the house felt really good. Im missing real food. Lost around 3kgs. Which is ok. My speech is very hard to understand. Been painfree now for around 24 hours which is a good sign. Getting tingles all near my nose and my upper lip. Hope everyone had a a day. Next Christmas I will be having twice the food and getting drunk twice as much. Arrrrhhhh can't believe i actually look normal now with my jaw. I actually look like a normal fella now. Before i looked like a rocket scientist
anyway so tired after typing this. hope everyone had a good day.

CASSAD :)

cassad

saw surgeon today for post op visit

#15 Post by cassad »

It has been a week since i had the surgery. Saw my surgeon today said i look great. touched my face and said i was holding up pretty good. Put a long metal thing in my nose to break some of the stuff up there. Grabbed my nose and told me to continue with soft foods for another week and a half. He told me that my upper jaw was a really subtorn in surgery and took a lot of work. But it all worked. He wants to see me on Monday week to take xrays and continue to make sure my recovery is progressing well. Othro appointment is 3 days after and by then hopefully i will be back to normal foods. My first stop is to a fish and chip shop for a big hamburger.

CASSAD :)