Evan. The Class 3 malocclusion. (updated feb 12th)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Evan S.

Evan. The Class 3 malocclusion. (updated feb 12th)

#1 Post by Evan S. »

I just got braces yesterday. It went so fast, and I'm doubting my ortho.
Last week we had a meet, than yesterday I got braces. Is this process normally that fast?

Ahhh. Well I hope my openbite can be fixed with elastics... any hope on getting an underbite fixed without surgery?

The only reason I'm making a topic of my own is because I haven't found very many class 3, and I feel very alone.

I had to get these gobs of glue on my lower teeth, for my upper teeth to rest on, or else I had a chance of biting down on the braces.

AREAS OF CONCERN:
upper jaw is behind the ideal profile
a few lower teeth fit outside the upper teeth(crossbite)
lower teeth are left of center
underbite is present
upper and lower front teeth overlap excessively
crowded upper teeth (5mm)
spaced lower teeth (3mm)

(those little teeth there, next to my two front teeth are PEG LATTERALS)
FEB 7th
DAY 1
Last edited by Evan S. on Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Evan S.

#2 Post by Evan S. »

thanks for the compliment :)

It's funny how much you notice your teeth are far apart and crooked when you get braces.

Megera_S

#3 Post by Megera_S »

I have a class III (unfortunately the pics on my blog are down right now). My class III is a lot different than all the other ones I've seen though. My bottom teeth are further forward but somehow the way my upper teeth were positioned, it made up for it so I don't have an underbite.
Four Wisdom Teeth Extracted: January 2000
Lower First Bicuspids Extracted: Nov. 1st, 2005
Braces on: Nov. 24th, 2005
Duration: 24 months

Evan S.

#4 Post by Evan S. »

Megera_S wrote:I have a class III (unfortunately the pics on my blog are down right now). My class III is a lot different than all the other ones I've seen though. My bottom teeth are further forward but somehow the way my upper teeth were positioned, it made up for it so I don't have an underbite.
The way it was explained to me is that your teeth compinsate for your bite. I'm only 17, so I'm young. Perhaps, if you're a bit older than your teeth had time to move that much?

Also, by the way. I noticed a gap inbetween my front teeth this morning. Which should explain why it hurts so much! ahh!

stargirl

#5 Post by stargirl »

Megera_S wrote:My class III is a lot different than all the other ones I've seen though. My bottom teeth are further forward but somehow the way my upper teeth were positioned, it made up for it so I don't have an underbite.
Me too. I have/had a very slight underbite but my upper teeth were still in front of my lowers. My ortho also told me that this happens because your teeth try to grow in the "normal" way.

As for fixing an underbite without surgery... I had an expander as well as headgear to correct this. I'm only 16 so this was possible. As far as I know, no surgery is included in my treatment... that would be a big surprise! :shock: I expect to have elastics to further correct my bite.

Check out my braces story if you want to see pics.

Evan S.

#6 Post by Evan S. »

my underbite is much worse. :(

Evan S.

#7 Post by Evan S. »

I dont know if everyone goes through this. but RIGHT NOW. I WANT TO RIP THESE OUT.. AGHHH THERE SOOO ANNOYING!!!!!!

Evan S.

#8 Post by Evan S. »

(those little teeth there, next to my two front teeth are PEG LATTERALS)
FEB 7th
DAY 1

FEB 12th
DAY 5

I don't know if you can tell but, my bottom teeth are starting to slowly get gaps, I'm not sure why. I thought braces were to close my gaps? Can anyone explain why my teeth are moving apart? instead of getting closer? Also, I don't understand why my upper teeth all look like "pegs" unless they're crooked.. ugh. I hate my teeth. I want those nice straight teeth that are all the same size!

ren

#9 Post by ren »

hi Evan S.!!

I'm a class III also, unfortunatley I don't know the specifics of it....My orth doesn't really tell me anything about it either. I remember he told me all this stuff at my original consult about me having a crossbite, maloclusion, narrow palate, too many teeth and a small mouth....I think my list could go on. I actually had teeth all over the place....where your "peg" teeth are I have had to have mine brought forward (they were pretty much behind my 2 front teeth....my "fang" teeth were way up and those had to be moved down. I wish I could figure out how to post pictures on this website and I'd show you!!! I know I'm at 1 1/2 years through this process (estimated 2 yrs) and I still have spaces....between my front teeth, where extractions were and the spaces move around all the time. He's using the spaces to move the teeth into the right place....I have to say I love my smile now-but it's not perfect by any means with all these spaces going on. I do have a feeling that one day or month it's going to all come together and I will finally have a beautiful smile. Your teeth are sooo nice & white-another of my problems is major staining from not being able to get to the teeth to clean them due to crowding. I was a complete mess!!!! I'm still wearing a palate expander and still have to wear headgear......I pretty much have had to have everything except bringing my jaw forward/backward....I could be thankful for that much!

take care,
Renee