Root canal tooth for extraction?

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Carrie

Root canal tooth for extraction?

#1 Post by Carrie »

hi everyone - could you share your insight or experience please? :P

my 1st molar had root canal done years ago & my ortho told me to extract that tooth for my upcoming braces...so i went to see my dentist and ask him re extraction on that root canal tooth, he says that during extraction it might break because it's more brittle than the regular teeth & asked if i rather do it at an oral surgeon with general anesthesia.. :cry:

my preference for extraction is local as i really prefer local vs general anesthesia...thus did anyone had a root canal tooth taken out using local or general? and did it break during extraction?? yikes...i'm scared... :oops:

thanks everyone for your input in advance.

Carrie

#2 Post by Carrie »

:roll:

Carrie

#3 Post by Carrie »

Thanks KK, i'll try that :)