Michal is Naked with Pictures! 22 Apr 2007

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Michal

#46 Post by Michal »

Here are the updated photos from my last adjustment. You really can't see where the bottom 4 were shaved since they moved up so quick. I can't believe how thick that top wire is.

I really didn't feel anything when he did the shaving. It was fairly quick. I'm hoping all of mine will be somewhat even when I get done, if not, I'm asking for some more shaving.

14 July

14 July

18 May

3M Clarity up front, rest metal--20 Jan 2006
Debraced 20 Apr 2007, 15 months total in Braces

Michal

#47 Post by Michal »

KK you are correct, my ortho told me at the start that he wanted to expand my bite and he has. The only way I notice it is if I go look at the pictures from the beginning. Now I'm ready to see how the bottoms are going to turn out. I'm amazed on how much my teeth have moved in 6 months. I wonder if it will take two years or maybe less.

Michal

#48 Post by Michal »

Alright here is the lastest update with photos. Went in yesterday for the normal cleaning and archwire change. The ortho came in and looked at everything and said things are looking great and that the top is almost done!!! :D Then he looked at the bottom and I got the wonderful news on that, more shaving. So I got a little bit more shaved off the bottom and new wires top and bottom.

One thing, I looked at that fat top wire after it was taken out and it's not round wire. I was suprised, it's square. Anyone know why?

Here are some pictures from last months adjustment compared to yesterdays.

14 July

11 Aug

14 July

11 Aug

Michal

#49 Post by Michal »

Thanks KK, you always are a wealth of information. :)

Joanna20

#50 Post by Joanna20 »

Nice progress!

Joanna

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

florencegal

#51 Post by florencegal »

Michal

Wow - I can't believe the progress you've made in so short a time! I've just signed up to this forum as I think I'll be taking the plunge to get braced within the next couple of months so I've been reading everything on these forums to make sure I know everything and am 100% sure about my decision! I had my first consultation with the ortho a couple of weeks ago and am going back in two weeks to hear the full details of what can be done with my overcrowding (top and bottom). It's something I've been wanting to do for about 3 or 4 years - the one thing that's worrying me now is that the ortho said I'll probably need to have four teeth out! :shock: That seems an awful lot and my vanity can cope with braces but not sure I can take four huge gaps in my mouth too...I've seen that everyone recommends getting a second and even third opinion where extractions are concerned but I really can't afford the extra money that would cost....

Anyway, I'm waffling now and these are concerns for me to bring up elsewhere on the forum! What I really wanted to say here is that your teeth are looking great Michal and your pictures reassure me that Clarity braces (which my ortho said she'd probably recommend if I go ahead) really do look good - I'll just need to curb my caffeine addiction too!

Keep smiling - you should be really pleased and proud!

p.s. how long is your treament time going to be?

Michal

#52 Post by Michal »

florencegal When I went in for a consult about 3 years ago when I was thinking about invisialigns, the ortho told me about taking out my 4 premolars. I did a little more research and realized that invisalign wasn't really going to work for me. Well, the military made me move to Japan so I thought that would put the brakes on my dream of braces. When I got here a friend of mine was getting treatment from an ortho that went to school in New York and referred me to him. When the ortho looked at my bite and profile, he said he wasn't going to take any teeth out because it would make my profile look "caved in". I am so glad he didn't. He expanded my bite and so far it's working and I'm happy with the results. I would definitely get another opinion or two. My treatment time is suppposed to be 2 years, but that's just a wait and see thing. He was really suprised how fast my teeth are moving. The bottoms are about 3 months behind the tops. He wanted my tops to move before he moved the bottoms. I love the claritys. Like KK I have a thing for curry, but I don't have curry until the day before my adjustment and my ligs stay really clear even though I drink about 2 Diet Cokes and a coffee or two every day.

linda21 thanks for the good words, I am so happy that the tops are almost done. I think the pics are cool. Especially comparing the first ones to now.

Thanks everyone!

Michal

#53 Post by Michal »

Here goes with another update. I got even more filing done this time. A little on the bottom front teeth and now some on the back side of my bottom canines. I'm still amazed when I see how much these teeth have moved.

Here's the pics:

11 Aug
ImageImage

8 Sept
ImageImage

Michal

#54 Post by Michal »

linda21 Yeah he said visit before last that I was almost done, but I wonder sometimes. After this adjustment my top molars have hurt for a week. Like KK says, I think he is still moving my bite out. The filing isn't as bad as I thought it would be, but that still doesn't mean that I like it. I can't wait for the bottoms to catch up with the top.

Michal

#55 Post by Michal »

Here is the lastest update on my braces saga. Went in yesterday and went through the normal cleaning routine. Ortho came in and checked on the progress and said things are going great, but we've got to do a little more filing. He filed on all four front bottom teeth. This time he used a small board kind of like a small emory board. Wasn't too bad, but not somthing I really enjoy. Anyway, here are the newest photos along with last months. Enjoy!

Sept 8

Oct 6

Michal

#56 Post by Michal »

Thanks bracedagain! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, just hope it ain't a train! :D

MadeIn1984

#57 Post by MadeIn1984 »

Your teeth are looking good! Your midline is excellent!

Keep up the progress! :wink:
Visit me on MySpace! :wink:

juf_84

#58 Post by juf_84 »

You must be very pleased with your progress, Michal!
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

Michal

#59 Post by Michal »

Very pleased. The first ortho I went to a few years ago just wanted to pull teeth. He wanted to take all 4 pre-molars. My ortho now said no-way, it would sink in my face so he expanded my bite to make room for everything. Oh, and a little filing here and there.

Michal

#60 Post by Michal »

Here is the November update. Went in on 3 Nov and a filing we went. He did some more filing on the bottom canines and premolars. It's amazing how a little filing makes a whole bunch of difference. I also like it much better than pulling teeth. He looked at my profile and said that it looks great. There really wasn't any change on the top, same wire just new ligatures. On the bottom, filing, same wire, new ligatures and on my bottom right canine, they tied it with wire instead of a ligature. I was wondering when he was going to do that, because it was really streching out the ligs on that tooth. I definitely paid for it the next day, it hurt like a big dog. Anyway, here are the pics.

6 OCT

3 NOV

Last edited by Michal on Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 am, edited 2 times in total.