Self Conscious

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jcdamon3

#16 Post by jcdamon3 »

I am 47 and single. I have been contemplating internet dating for awhile now at the prodding (and I do mean prodding) of a friend (girl) of mine. She thinks I shouldn't wait until I have the braces off. I want to wait.

I am not self conscious about them in general. I just can't imagine being on a 2nd or 3rd date and ordering food and having to deal with wondering while I am fininshing my meal if I have some big piece of something or other hanging off one of my brackets. I mean dating is stressful enough and you are trying to impress the guy, right? Unless you decided half way through the date you don't like him.

So I am considering not waiting. I mean after all if the guy is not understanding he's not worth the time anyway.

But really, in general I am not that self conscious - just about the eating thing which I need to get over.

Well - I only have about six months to go anyway. ..... I hope.
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!