Leslie022 - DEBANDING SET

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Leslie022

#61 Post by Leslie022 »

Thanks for all the replys everyone!!

<b>KK</b> Yes, I love looking in the mirror! I constantly have a mirror beside me! I swear that I can see a change when I wake up in the mornings!

<b>bracedagain</b>, to answer your question, yes the powerchain did make my teeth very sore. I think it took about a week before I could eat solid food. It was all tolerable, though.

Thanks again!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

Leslie022

#62 Post by Leslie022 »

I figured I'd drop a little note...

Not much has been going on with my pearly whites. The space has closed a tiny bit more since I posted my last picture. There is one thing I'm not happy with right now...I have the dreaded "black V" and I get food stuck there every time I eat! That is quite frustrating! I will mention it at my next adjustment which is in 11 days. My bite has also changed. It's comfortable right now. I'm not sure how my teeth will fit when the molar lifters are ground down...whenever that will happen.

OOOOOK! Nothing to talk about tonight. I'll post another picture after my adjustment. Oh yeah, I've past my 3-month mark! Time is definately flying by!

Leslie
Fixed bottom retainer

Flora2006

#63 Post by Flora2006 »

Hi Leslie,

I just saw the picture of your first adjustment and you've has some great progress! That gap is closing pretty fast. :)

The silver powerchains look great. It doesn't stain at all right? I'm thinking of choosing that silver for my ligs on my next appointment because I'm tired of having to be careful with staining...

Hopefully your ortho will have something good to say about the black V!

Good luck with your treatment :)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Leslie022

#64 Post by Leslie022 »

Flora2006 wrote:The silver powerchains look great. It doesn't stain at all right? I'm thinking of choosing that silver for my ligs on my next appointment because I'm tired of having to be careful with staining...
You are correct, the silver powerchain hasn't stained the slightest bit! :)

Thanks for the comments! :)

Leslie
Fixed bottom retainer

Leslie022

#65 Post by Leslie022 »

I had my second adjustment this morning. My ortho said my teeth are looking great! Yay! My wires were changed to 19/25 tpa's on top and bottom and I now have a powerchain across the entire top. She also put two powerchains (one on each side) on bottom along with two hooks. The powerchains on bottom are only on 3 teeth each, starting at my molar bands. I asked her what they were for and she said the ortho wants to keep my bottom teeth tight. I tried to get a picture. They put the powerchain on top under my archwire. Someone else on the board mentioned having that done. The lady said the company that makes Damon's actually suggests they be underneath. Anyway, here are some pics!

I forgot to mention that at my next adjustment in July, my ortho with shape my teeth and take the glue out of my molars! Yay!!!
Fixed bottom retainer

belmikry

#66 Post by belmikry »

leslie- i cant believe your progress! I almost forgot what your teeth looked like before I had to recheck your first pictures :lol: congrats honey! :)
Braces off- 12 months 1 week in braces- estimate 18-21 months!
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom

Flora2006

#67 Post by Flora2006 »

Amazing progress Leslie!

Your teeth are looking great.

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Leslie022

#68 Post by Leslie022 »

Thanks for all the replies! Y'all always make me feel good with your nice comments!

I made a post on the <b>Metal Mouth</b> board about the pain I'm in today. It's pretty bad and I'm really tired. I can't even rest my teeth together! Ouchie!

Thanks again!
Fixed bottom retainer

Grin&bareit73

#69 Post by Grin&bareit73 »

Leslie022,
I just looked at your whole thread and your progress is awesome!!

I am so jealous...but happy for you.
I have the Damon 3's and didn't realize that you could get power chains with them. I wonder if I'll ever get those...?

Anyway, my first checkup is at my 5-week mark. I'm wondering if it's possible that I'll get a new thicker archwire.. I hope something happens.

How long did you wait before you got your first adjustment? I just want so bad for those awful gaps to go away :(

Hopefully your pain went away from the 10th...
Good Luck!!
[/url]

"Smile; if you can't lift the corners, let the middle sag..."

Leslie022

#70 Post by Leslie022 »

Leslie022,
I just looked at your whole thread and your progress is awesome!!
Thanks!!!
I am so jealous...but happy for you.
Don't be jealous!! You'll get there before long!
I have the Damon 3's and didn't realize that you could get power chains with them. I wonder if I'll ever get those...?
I wondered that too when I first got them on! I wanted a powerchain so badly!!
Anyway, my first checkup is at my 5-week mark. I'm wondering if it's possible that I'll get a new thicker archwire.. I hope something happens.
Who knows? You might! I was surprised when I got thicker wires and a powerchain at my first adjustment!
How long did you wait before you got your first adjustment? I just want so bad for those awful gaps to go away :(

Hopefully your pain went away from the 10th...
Good Luck!!
My adjustments are always 8 weeks apart. Hopefully once your teeth start moving, those gaps will be gone in no time!

and yes....my pain is finally gone!

Thanks!
Fixed bottom retainer

Leslie022

#71 Post by Leslie022 »

I just thought I would share my latest find with you all. Have y'all ever been to Image? It is a great website! I've been using Colgate Phos-Flur Fluoride Rinse since I got braces. Up until about a week or so ago, I thought it only came in one flavor--MINT! I stumbled onto the website and discovered THREE more flavors -- grape, bubble gum, and cherry. I ordered a couple grape and a couple bubble gum and received FREE SHIPPING! They have lower prices, too. I didn't save too much, since I have my Wal-mart Associate discount, but I didn't have to pay sales tax or shipping. So, it was worth ordering online because I get better flavors!

ImageImage

Just thought I would share incase y'all didn't know about the site!
Fixed bottom retainer

Leslie022

#72 Post by Leslie022 »

Guess what? I received another check from the insurance company today! I thought they'd stopped paying since I hadn't received anything since February. This is great!
Fixed bottom retainer

Leslie022

#73 Post by Leslie022 »

I'm quite bored with my treatment... Something exciting needs to happen soon. BLAH! Maybe I'll have fun at my next adjustment on July 5th. The ortho did say he was going to either shave or shape some teeth (can't remember which he said) and he would take the glue out of my molars. It will be interesting to see how my bite lines up...
Fixed bottom retainer

momofbrock

#74 Post by momofbrock »

I find all this ortho stuff so fascinating...... what does the blue stuff do?

Leslie022

#75 Post by Leslie022 »

I find all this ortho stuff so fascinating...... what does the blue stuff do?
Haha, the "blue stuff" is what some people call a molar lift. My ortho calls it something different, but it's basically used to keep you from biting off your lower brackets. It serves the same purpose as "bite turbos," except they actually allow your molars to touch while eating (which is great!). Turbos don't let your molars touch. When I was first braced, my front-top teeth hit my front-lower teeth when I would eat...even with the molar lifts. They told me that the lifts could be removed once my bite opened up. So, in five days, I will hopefully have the blue stuff out!!!!
Fixed bottom retainer