NAHKY's Long Bracial Journey - New Pics Pg 16

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

nahky
Location: Australia, , braced on 8 MAR '05 - Debraced: 28th FEB '07

#136 Post by nahky »

quick update from me

So much can happen ina day, fortunately

Today is my day 5 or day 6 post op from my lower surgery. I woke up, and felt like absolute crap.
My lips were huge humungous and bruised, and i was absolutely
lethargic.

Now, its 7pm in the evening. and i feel great! Things are really
looking up.

In the afternoon, i had a bubble bath and took off the pink bandage
strapped across my chin. it felt much better, i was bandage-free. So
i got to ahve a shower, where i was allowed to wet my head freely.

Now just couple hours ago, i had a nice chicken corn soup and felt
nice n full. I was grumpy earlier becuase i was so hungry and sick
of soup.

After soup, i managed to brush my teeth. I relaised i could actually
bite down. I had a normal bite. The puffiness inside my cheeks were kinda
gone, i could bite. Its bizaar the feeling of having a normal bite
instead of an underbite! I brushed on top of my molars which felt
great because i hadnt in days. and i strarted exersiing my lower
jaw. and i could smile!

my bruised lips also went down dramatically throughout the day! its
kinda normal sized. its all so much of relief. although im still
significantly swollen. I can kinda tell what the reuslt will be like
and im stoked :)

until next time....

thanks for the support everyone, pics will come later. i wanna organise it firstly, too much effort at this time
Nahhs, Jaw Surgery 'n all<
Progress Pictures on Pages 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, 13 Debracing/Teeth Whitening Pictures on Pg 16

Lower JAW Surgery: May 2006 Debraced: March 2007

lionfish

#137 Post by lionfish »

Glad to hear you're feeling better, nahky. I reckon the chicken corn soup had something to do with it; getting a wholesome meal into you probably loaded you up with the energy you needed. I know it must be hard eating right now.

And to be able to bite down properly - that's awesome.

Svensk Tiger

#138 Post by Svensk Tiger »

Wow! Thanks for sharing your story. I'm so glad that you're on the mend now. It sounds like the worst is over and things will just get better from now on :D
Metal upper and lower: 6th Sep. 2005
Quad helix in: 1st Dec. 2005
Quad Helix out: 31st March 2006
Surgery (upper/lower/genio): 11th Nov. 2006
Braces off: 17th March 2007
Under chin liposculpture and fat transplant to cheeks: 20th October 2007

vincent

#139 Post by vincent »

Well Done man, hope it all goes well, was it painful? and was it bad before? my sister needs surgery cos she still has het baby teeth which are blocking the adult teeth!!!! i know your is a different story!!! but you can she still "get" her permanent teeth? like will the root up?

nahky

#140 Post by nahky »

You guys have been awesome. So i think a pic is in order. I must compile and organise my files to set up some website. but for now, heres a temporary image so you guys can see my progress

These are just headshots. I'll show you guys my profile view later (im stoked with the results of my new profile as well)

Im not sure if anyone elses notices, but i feel so much more balanced out now, i feel my face is much more harmonzied after th surgery. I now swelling has not fully subsided by im thrilled with the results thus far.

Now my day 3 post op, wasnt it a shocker! I was very depressed in those days. But now my face swelling has subsided and i see that im kinda symetrical, incomparison to my pre-op days, where my lower jaw jutted outwards and to the side.

things truly do get better day by day. Small hurdles are crossed every single day with this surgery, whteher it be having a bruise subside slightly, the face shapre reutrning to normal, or being able to get more better contact with the teeth, its great.

my bite
Progress Pictures on Pages 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, 13 Debracing/Teeth Whitening Pictures on Pg 16

vincent

#141 Post by vincent »

seriouly well done man, i didnt realise how major the operation was, you look great now, glad it all went well!!!! what made you decide to have the operation?

nahky

#142 Post by nahky »

What made me decide to have the operation?

A mmmmmmmmmultitude of reasons Vincent, let me put them in dot points, because i like dot points.

*I needed a change in my life, i was dissatisfied with the bite i had

*My bad bite (Underbite [which you can see in the teeth pics])

*Which affected my appearance, negatively

*My negative image of myself, affected my confidence, my interactions with others at times

*I couldn't eat corn on the cob! Thats a crime within itself. Or chicken wings, my teeth had no contact to be able to pull off such manouvres

*I shiver at the thought of feeling so self conscious just because someone was viewing me side view. That uneasy paranoid feeling that i get because i was mildly teased at times in middle school.

*I was assymetrical, my chin was growing at some strange angle, I had a crooked mouth basically. Didnt look good and didnt function well put simply.

Now thats all gone, face is even, underbite gone, teeth touch. Confidence up.

lionfish

#143 Post by lionfish »

You look great, nahky. Your swelling has really subsided. You're right though; you did look like Big Momma there for a while - LOL!!

smile

#144 Post by smile »

Lookin' gooood Jason. I'm so glad you're past being a little low. =]

Vonster

#145 Post by Vonster »

Ooooohhhhhhh....I'm so happy for you!!!! What a huge difference--I can't wait to see a profile shot; I'm sure it will be even more dramatic!

Congratulations!!! :jump:

Vonster

Damon 3's, top and bottom
April 5, 2005

nahky

#146 Post by nahky »

Thanks Vonster, Linda, KK, Smile, Lionfish, Svensk Tiger and ChrisK

I havent got access to a digital camera as of now, but i did take a web cam pic of my before and after bite

Now you dont see my bottom teeth and jaw jutting out no longer, and the shape of my face is restored. And my bottom lip doesnt need to strain and stretch. Its wonderful to have a normal bite. Its like the Doc fit me together like a puzzle with two correct pieces, while before, someone was shoving the wrong pieces together. Well thats my analogy and im stickin to it.

Update: Im 15 days post op. To me, i still feel puffy. At certain angles in the mirror, i look normal again. Still have a slight double chin though. I even attempted to go to the gym, wasnt the brightest idea, because i tired very quickly and felt sligh pressure in my swollen areas from lifting light weights. I stopped immediately. Plus looking in the mirror and seeing a chubby-me wasnt too appealing.

The bottom half of my face looks very smooth. Even quite stiff. Looks like i've had botox injections because the muscles arent trained yet to. So im doing lots of exercises to keep things going smoothly. Lots of kiss blowing and fishlips. I've learnt how to adjust to my new smile. A smile where i keep my teeth clench and closed, what a revelation!

Im 'having fun' with my first elastics. It is two square configurations on the sides. At least it signifies the conclusion of my treatment. 3 more months and im outta these braces. It'll be good. I find the yellowing of certain teeth very off putting at this point.

My last consult with surgeon: He told me things were healing smoothly and i wasnt very swollen. But i had to remian of a no-chew diet for another 3 weeks. It was a bit daunting knowing i couldnt eat for that much longer. But i know its for the best. Im just thankful my molars touch and teeth line up really nicely, so that when i do get the ok to chew, it will come easily.

And i saw the OD earlier this week and he said my bite was great.

Thats that for another update

juf_84

#147 Post by juf_84 »

Hi Nahky!

I just wanted to let you know I've been following your story and it, along with the pics, has been inspirational.

You've done really well to come through it and to stay so positive!

Good luck with the next few weeks on the soft diet- I will be there soonish as B-Day is not too far away.

:D
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

smile

#148 Post by smile »

I'm soo jealous you'll be out of braces 3 months post-surgery! Mine will probably be more like 6.

Your bite's looking wonderful - and aren't you glad it's downhill from here? =]

nvcarissa

#149 Post by nvcarissa »

Excellent results!! I am so glad you are feeling better. The pics are dramatic!

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

ironyengine

#150 Post by ironyengine »

Looking good, nahky! I bet you're eager to be done with it... three weeks of not chewing sucks, but I'm sure you'll be through it quickly enough that it won't matter. Happy healing!