Almost 5 months Progress! Pics HUGE difference!!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Gennel

Almost 5 months Progress! Pics HUGE difference!!!

#1 Post by Gennel »

I was feeling down because my lower teeth are actually worse than the top! I thought my uppers were much,much worse to fix and I was so wrong! I've been without an archwire for over a month and I just got an expander on my lowers to upright my back molars.

Anyway I do see "the light at the end of the tunnel" I got my adjustment yesterday and the ortho convinced me to try some colored ligs instead of my same old boring clear or gold.I told him that once my uppers were looking more aligned that I would get brave. Well that day was yesterday!

It's been 4 months and 3 weeks since I got my uppers and here are the progress pictures

First day in braces June 14, 2006

Today Nov 07,2006

ImageImage
ImageImage

This is what I got yesterday ,Expander to upright my back molars :cry:

Gennel

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

That is incredible!

Your ligs look really nice.

lemonlyme

#3 Post by lemonlyme »

WOW! You must be SOOO thrilled!! Looking gooooood!

braced4asmile

#4 Post by braced4asmile »

Great progress! You must be so excited to see the changes! BTW, I got braced the same day; haven't seen nearly the change!

Anxious to be debanded 4/23/08!

iBorg

#5 Post by iBorg »

I know the expander is a pain but wow you've had great progress. Here's hoping to five more months of progress.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

alexa

#6 Post by alexa »

Great progress and congrats on getting brave and adding some color to your life! :D 8)
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

Julie08

Wow!

#7 Post by Julie08 »

What wonderful progress in just a few short months! Amazing!

Zondrae

#8 Post by Zondrae »

Wow you must be so happy with your progress! It is truly impressive.

newmetal

#9 Post by newmetal »

Thats really fast movement! When did you start seeing the major improvements starting, at what month??

Many Thanks
Newmetal

charlotte T

#10 Post by charlotte T »

WOW! They look fantastic, really great :D Amazing that you had such fast results.

joney

#11 Post by joney »

Gennel

Your teeth look fantastic. I am so jealous of your gold brace too. I wish I could have a gold brace. I'm sure that your bottom teeth will respond just as well given time.

Regards
Joney

florencegal

#12 Post by florencegal »

Oh. MY. GOD. I am in total awe of such amazing progress! :dance: :banana: :dance: :banana: :dance: You must be thrilled - that arch is looking beautiful. Here's hoping the bottom one follows soon enough!

x

Gennel

#13 Post by Gennel »

Newmetal, I saw the biggest changes around 3 months. At first I was taking pictures like every 2 weeks. I noticed in the first 6 weeks when I saw my pictures.
The biggest change that I was waiting for were my two front teeth that were severely overlapped to seperate! That took about 2 1/2 months.

I know that once the bottom archwire is put on again the movement will start soon. I kind of don't look forward to it because my bottom teeth were almost always in pain daily and I really never had one "painfree" day for my lowers. My top teeth do not hurt at all anymore so I love that!
Right now I sort of sound like I have a severe speech impairment because the the bottom sides all the way in the back of my tongue has constantly gotten caught in the expander wire. So by 5 or 6 pm I'm just making hand signals lol. Every time I try to speak ,I get asked " what did you say?" I'm going to do some warmwater salt rinses tonight!

Gennel

new boy james

#14 Post by new boy james »

Gennel, those results are amazing, and SO quick. Those are some of the most impressive progress pics i've ever seen!! Looks like your ortho's judged it just right. Now things will slow down for the rest of your duration but you can look forward to having a fantastic end result I reckon. Well done.
"You get nothing but nothing if that's what you do" - Guns'n'Roses

MsShelbyville

#15 Post by MsShelbyville »

I like your results