EEK!! lots of blood while brushing

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

strugglebuggy

#31 Post by strugglebuggy »

I freaked out the other day because when I went to brush in the morning, my toothbrush was bright red. Serious bleeding. I was due to go in for an adjustment that morning, too. Anyway, a couple of months prior to this, I had been having some soreness around my molar band and the ortho then told me it was food. (I floss a couple of times a day, so I doubted it.) Anyway, it still hurt until this week and Monday the bleeding started. It turned out that all this time, my molar band was loose and every time I bit down, it would dig into my gums. Thus the irritation and the foul taste in my mouth. (Probably had food under the band where I couldn't get to it.) They fixed the band and my gums are recovering. FINALLY.