how much did it cost to do your treatment?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

WeezieGirl25

#31 Post by WeezieGirl25 »

My total cost is $5690 not including the $249 records fee. I have ceramic uppers and metal lowers and I also have an expander to widen my upper arch. My treatment time is 17-20 months. All I have to say is thank god for payment plans!! Before I had my consult I thought it would cost maybe $3000 because my teeth didn't look bad at all, just a few spacing issues I wanted fixed. I was surprised to learn all the things that needed to be fixed!! I never knew I had a crossbite! Definitely money well spent though, I love my orthodontist and I can't wait to see the results.

Brace Face

#32 Post by Brace Face »

It will cost me between (New Zealand Dollars) $5,700 - $6,300. The initial appointment for xrays, moulds etc cost $250 (NZD) and $90 (NZD) to discuss my treatment plan. Luckilly I only have to pay a deposit of $1,900 and then pay the remainder off over the next 20 months or so (the cost will be finalised at the treatment plan appointment in two weeks).

It's soooo worth every cent!!! :D

Brace Face

#33 Post by Brace Face »

It will cost me between (New Zealand Dollars) $5,700 - $6,300. The initial appointment for xrays, moulds etc cost $250 (NZD) and $90 (NZD) to discuss my treatment plan. Luckilly I only have to pay a deposit of $1,900 and then pay the remainder off over the next 20 months or so (the cost will be finalised at the treatment plan appointment in two weeks).

It's soooo worth every cent!!! :D

M1k3y

#34 Post by M1k3y »

I guess I paid the least here. Total cost was $2100.00 but my insurance paid $800 of it. I owe $500.00 and I'm barely into the 6th month of treatment. This is all in USD. For more information look underneath at my signature.
Braced 5-27-06 - 18 months with braces
Case 1 - minor crookedness
Envision Composite Brackets
M1k3y's introduction with photos
M1k3y's journey with photos

Debranded 3-20-08

IzzyCharm

#35 Post by IzzyCharm »

The total cost of mine with my quadhelix is $5700 and I'm looking at 24 months after I get my braces on. I'm paying $1900 out of pocket. That's for regular metal braces.

Amy19

#36 Post by Amy19 »

Wow how ortho treatment varies from country to country. Mine is costing me £3200 with 10-12 months in the good old metal. No extractions and permanent retainers top and bottoms.

I hope every1 is enjoying there mushy food :tingrin:

Amy x

Kodius Champion

#37 Post by Kodius Champion »

$8100 (Canadian), lower metal and upper ceramic, which includes jaw (orthognathic) surgery and removal of all four wisdom teeth.

No insurance coverage either, as they will only cover my non-existant kids. :evil:

jessikah

#38 Post by jessikah »

for me, all up just over $8000 (AU)
thats including everything
intial ortho consultation
hospital fee (to get wisdom teeth taken out)
surgeon fee
anaesthethic fee
braces
all my ortho appointments
my retainer afterwards
um, can't think of anything else right now, think thats it! if not i'll add them in later.

very expensive......hope its worth it in the end!
:wink:

Kodius Champion

#39 Post by Kodius Champion »

thats including everything
intial ortho consultation
hospital fee (to get wisdom teeth taken out)
surgeon fee
anaesthethic fee
braces
all my ortho appointments
my retainer afterwards
Same here, which is probably why it looks like SOOOOOO much, although provincial health care takes care of all the hospital and surgery charges. And my ortho consultation was free.

Aw heck, it still looks like a lot! :wink:

deltawire

#40 Post by deltawire »

My treatment cost $1800 USD for everything and I have all ceramic brackets.

Deltawire

nvcarissa

#41 Post by nvcarissa »

I wonder if my ortho would change them out? I know I'd have thrown away $400, but I wouldn't mind as long as he didn't charge me more.
I changed mine out three months into treatment. There was a small charge, and yes, I did throw away the extra I paid for the initial ceramics, but I have not regretted it for a moment.

My cost: Appr $4900 for braces, including retainer (insurance covered $1000 of that)
Surgery and Hospital fees: Surgeon, Appr $5000, Asst Surgeon: 1300, hospital: around $22,000. Additional anesthesiologist, x-rays, etc ... all told, around 30K for the surgery. Hospital costs were completely covered by BCBS, only had to pay the surgeon and it worked out to about a little over half of his fee. Also had to pay about 2/3 of the asst surgeon fee. So I am going to say that my out of pocket when all is said and done will be a bit under 10K. :shock: Fortunately, that has been / will be spread out over a couple of years.

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

lisaemtp

#42 Post by lisaemtp »

I can finally reply to this one! I got my quote today: Total of $4910 (US) for 24 months of treatment with Damon 3 brackets. In addition to that my records and molds were $175 US, and when my braces come off I'll have a $400 "retention fee" (aka - retainer) - so...about $5500 US total.

danielle80

#43 Post by danielle80 »

My total cost was $6100, paid in full I got 5% off. woo hoo! I charged it baby!! :lol: Well, I don't even have my braces yet. But this included...ceramic upper and lowers, top expander, and all the diagnostics, and appointments through out my sentence.

PrincessMelody

#44 Post by PrincessMelody »

My total cost $3700 USD for all metal. Insurance covers $1500 so I am paying $2200. Not too bad, and my payments are no interest and $60/month.

principessa

#45 Post by principessa »

I'm paying £190 for upper and lower metalic braces on the NHS!!! I consider myself very fortunate having read what others on this site are paying! I didn't have to wait either! xx