Newbie in Scandinavia

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

xtrememkovr

#16 Post by xtrememkovr »

:) Hey Wired.
Seems like you're doing your homework! Good for you. The only thing about waiting is that it gives us more time to read up on things... I've been sitting here reading up on all kinds of things that I don't even have to read up on due to the excitement! Hopefully soon I'll be able to sleep before school tomorrow morning.

I'm not aware of the mechanics behind most ortho work - but I'm glad to see you're taking steps to finding out the info that you need so that when you do speak to your Dr. you'll have great informed questions to ask of him/her.

X.

Wired Skull

Trouble on the road

#17 Post by Wired Skull »

Hi again.
It was almost a month since I wrote anything here. On october 10 I was at my ortho for the the final treatment plans. I wasn't very happy of the outcome. I had two treatment plans to choose from.

1. Just braces in order to correct the crowding and making my teeth straighter. Which is what I was looking for. Just making some vanity adjustments. Treatment time around 1 year.

2. Pulling of 4 teeths and go for full restoration. Which meant getting rid of the overbite and deep bite. In the end I would have a perfect Hollywood smile. Treatment time around 2 - 3 years.

I allready have a very good bite and don't want to mess that up and also decided in the beginning not to pull any healthy teeths. So option 1 is the only choice for me.

However the orthos choice of the Tip-Edge technique made it almost impossible to use clear brackets in my case. And the need for some extra equipments with this technique didn't appel to me so I decided to go with another ortho instead.
I'm now waiting for a date for a new consultation with another ortho whom one of my friend used a couple of years ago.

Too bad that it sometimes not working out like you want. Seems that I have to wait for my brace day for a while more.

I wish everyone else that have responded to my thread a good luck with your treatments and I hope I will contribute my own experinces in the near future.

Wired Skull

Long time since last time

#18 Post by Wired Skull »

Hi.
Haven't posted anything for long but have been reading the board now and then. Tomorrow the 20 january is my brace day. Finally.

I found another ortho that one of my friend went to some years ago. This one is great and belive in having a dialoge with the patient. We have exchanged a lot of emails and togehter we have descided on how to tackle my case.
I might just get the upper braces installed tomorrow but that's purely my mistake not letting him know what gear to order for me. An advantage only installing the upper might be the chance to adjust a bit easier. Or?

He dosen't have all the 3M Clarity in stock that's needed for my case. I will have the ceramics on top and the bottom front also ceramics. The rest will be standard 3M metal brackets.

Strangely I'm not nervous at all as I was when first thinking of getting braces. Just go there, install them and then tackle any eventual upcoming problems. That's my way to handle the whole thing. :lol:

I'll be back with reports and pics. Take care friends

Wired Skull

Braced

#19 Post by Wired Skull »

Hi.

Thanks for your advice KK. I will remember them.

The braces has been on for around 7 hours and I have already broken them. Just after 3 hours the first bracket popped. Great. Will have to wait at least to monday before something can be done. With my luck I'm sure more will have popped until then.

I got both upper and lower. The ortho even put more ceramics at the bottom than I expected. Not sure they are going to stay. If that's the case they are switched to regular metal.

I don't have any discomfort yet but I'll bet it will come. I'm starting to feel a bit of mild pain in the upper teeth. No sharp edges poking the gum either.
The only problem is how to eat. I had a banana after the ortho visit. Even if I cut it in small pieces it was nearly impossible to chew. Later on I had pasta. It took ages to eat and was cold when I was done. Man this is the worst part so far. :cry:

Pics coming when I have a place to store them.

Have a nice day folks. See you later.

Wired Skull

#20 Post by Wired Skull »

Hi.

Bracedagain: Thanks for your reply. It sure helps to learn from others experinces.

Until now no more brackets has popped. The eating is still a real challenge but seems to be easier. Not easy to chew when the brackets makes you teeth not meet. Otherwise it haven't been a bad experince. No real pain just some mild discomfort.
Also fun with the clear brackets. Several people haven't noticed my braces until I smiled real big or told them. I can also only repeat what other said before:
If you consider braces and are afraid of what people will say. Go for it. Most people just don't care. The ones I've spoken to told me they never look at peoples teeths. I guess it just us teeth crazy people who does. :P

Wired Skull

#21 Post by Wired Skull »

Thanks again KK. I'll bet you're a motivation speaker in your proffession :lol:

I have a very positive attitude to the whole thing even if there sometimes are a bit of wondering what the heck I'm up to. The reality is that me and the rest of us is doing changes to our bodies and that is always a risk of something going wrong. Not likely but always a risk.
I think it's only natural to think about some discomfort when others have mentioned it. So far no pain at all.

I will fix the loose bracket that come off by itself while I was typing at the PC this week or next monday. I want it fixed NOW because now it's not doing anything to my tooth :wink: The wire in my lower jaw have poked me a bit in the cheeks so I guess it's time for your remedy of salt water rinse and wax. First I will try to have some breakfast :cry:

Thanks and take care from the other side of the globe.