Anni's Braces Story - Braces are off!!!! Pics Page 9!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

flesh-was-sweet

#31 Post by flesh-was-sweet »

Hey everyone!

Thank you all SO much for all the replies to my pics!

I was in New York for 10 days on holiday so I hadn't had time to check my messages before now :)

The random thing...while I was away...I didn't think about my teeth once...and when I got back...I couldn't believe how much progress i'd made!

The impacted tooth on the right of the front one...is *almost* in line with the rest!!!!

It's so big now!!

I have my first adjustment on the 14th (December) so i'm not going to take another pic before then so that I can really see the progress when I do :)

The impacted tooth on the left of my two front teeth hurts quite a lot right now...but i'm just happy that I know it's moving :D

Hope you are all well!

Anni

flesh-was-sweet

#32 Post by flesh-was-sweet »

Hey everyone - well my first adjustment was yesterday - it went ok, was a bit painful - but no pain no gain!

I can't quite get a picture of it, but one of my biscuspids (sp) on the bottom row of teeth basically has to turn 90 degrees...and it's holding my treatment up they say :(

They tried attaching a second bracket to the back of the tooth to add a lig to the back molar to force it round...but the ortho couldn't get it to stick, she says it's too awkward :(

So anyway, it is moving - just slowly!

Apart from that, the ortho says the top row are more than ready for the next stage of treatment, so it's just a case of waiting for the bottom row to catch up!

I'm really not happy with the bottom row at all...i feel that i could've benifitted from an extraction on the right hand side as my midline is off due to a molar being extracted when i was 12 :(

So really they just clipped the wire and changed the wee coloured things :)

Anyway - her are some pics:

:)

Day 1:

Week 6/7

mayday

#33 Post by mayday »

Looks good! And the teeth look so clean and white as well!

overseasmel

#34 Post by overseasmel »

Lots of improvement already. Well done to your teeth! ;)

Hope the errant ones start rotating faster. I am sending turning vibes. :)

Braced 20 Nov 06. Sentenced to 18-30 months. Released 23 Feb 09 (27 months and 3 days).
Uppers: 3M Clarity Ceramic. Lowers: Damon 3MX.
SARPE 21 April 06 and 7.5 months in expander (on for 2 weeks before surgery), turning to a width of 14.5mm.

joney

#35 Post by joney »

Your teeth have moved so much, it's great isn't it. Congratulations.
Regards
Joney
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)

flesh-was-sweet

#36 Post by flesh-was-sweet »

Thanks to everyone for the support!

I'm a bit disappointed because the earliest appointment I could book for my 2nd adjustment is Feb 22nd...the ortho is going on holiday etc...i'm a bit worried it'll slow down my progress...9 weeks between appointments :(

I think my teeth have moved slightly in the last couple of weeks...but nothing much to report :)

And that bicuspid hasn't budged :x

Hope everyone had a very merry christmas!!

Anni

flesh-was-sweet

EEK!

#37 Post by flesh-was-sweet »

Hey guys - Happy New Year!

On New Year's Eve I decided after a few drinks to eat an apple...i have no idea why...

So basically there was a SNAP and a PING and the archwire clicked out of the bottom left molar and was sticking out aimlessly into my face :shock:

I know my ortho isn't back until the 8th, so there and then I decided I was going to fix it myself, with a pair of tweezers.

And well...it worked, there was a loud click as the wire snapped back into place in the molar! It's the side that has the rotated bicuspid, so I didn't want to leave it...since I stuck the wire in...it has rotated a bit!

Now my dilemma, should I make an appointment with my ortho to make sure the bottom wire is ok or do I just leave it and hope she doesn't notice?

I really think it's fine, and it's nice and tight...

What should I do??

flesh-was-sweet

#38 Post by flesh-was-sweet »

Thanks KK ;)

I will call them on Monday and see what they say :)

I'm away at uni just now and I study 280 miles away from home/ortho but hopefully I can arrange to go up for the last week in January or the first week in February for them to check it out :)

The top row of teeth seem to have moved more again, I have a fair bit of annoying wire poking out of the back...I hope they might trim that too.

I am off to London next weekend to see Wicked at the Apollo so I can't wait for the break - I handed in my honours year thesis yesterday - time to get my social life back!

I hope everyone had the best Christmas and New Year - let me be the first to say - Happy New Year 2008!

:D

flesh-was-sweet

#39 Post by flesh-was-sweet »

Hey everyone!

Can't believe its been more than a month since I last posted!

What a hectic time - I went to London on holiday and when I came back I had to prepare for a group exhibition at the Royal Scottish Academy in Edinburgh - I was awarded 2 prizes, I couldn't believe it!

http://www.royalscottishacademy.org/

They're basically paying for me to go wherever I want travelling when I graduate in July :shock: You can see my painting here http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/48797607/

I also can't believe i've had braces for 4 months - I don't even remember I have them! My next adjustment is next Thursday, I really gotta get rid of these ligs the colour is driving me nuts. My passion for lime and vodka hasn't kept the turquoise at its best haha :D

I only remembered about my incident with the bottom wire when I read it here, so i'll have to explain that one to the ortho when I see her haha.

I'll post pics when I have my next adjustment - see you all soon!

Anni :D

joney

#40 Post by joney »

Hi Anni

Wow, I've been distracted by your art, it is fantastic, love your use of colour, you deserve a prize.

Good luck on Thursday and finding a lig compatable with vodka and lime!

Regards
Joney
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)

flesh-was-sweet

#41 Post by flesh-was-sweet »

Thanks so much, Joney!!

I will be on the look out for a great colour :D

smallbutmighty

#42 Post by smallbutmighty »

Anni,
How awesome for you-- 2 prizes and travel, and I love your painting! You are on the road to fame and fortune, AND beautiful teeth. The changes are happening quickly, and the refinement will come along as well. It is amazing what our bodies can accommodate with time. Many good wishes for your future.
Ruth :D
It's all in how you see yourself!

flesh-was-sweet

#43 Post by flesh-was-sweet »

Thanks smallbutmighty, KK and Linda21 - I really appreciate it!

flesh-was-sweet

#44 Post by flesh-was-sweet »

Well I had my second adjustment today, it went really well!

I will say one thing..i'm dreading having these wee monsters removed!

2 of my brackets had to be repositioned since the impacted teeth are in the correct line now...and oh my goodness...removing them...agony!

With regards to the wire that I broke at new year, the ortho said that my personal judgement that the wire was fine once I pushed it back into place was correct and absolutely no damaged had been caused :)

I have a power chain from the back molar to the first bicuspid on the bottom row to finish rotating the annoying tooth - ow!

Apart from that...a pain free adjustment!

Though not pain free just afterwards!

The top row have moved a LOT since this afternoon, i'll post the pics here but i'm not sure if it looks like they've moved from the front...we'll see :)

Day 1:

Week 6/7

Week 16

todddutton

#45 Post by todddutton »

Your teeth are looking amazing. Keep up the good work. Good luck with the rest of your journey.