NAHKY's Long Bracial Journey - New Pics Pg 16

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MsTee

#151 Post by MsTee »

Hi Nahky!

I'm new to the board (see my thread for my story). I've read through your thread and viewed the pics. I must say...you are a brave soul! But I know you feel that it's all worth it! :)

Hope to hear from you soon!

~*Ms Tee*~

nahky
Location: Australia, , braced on 8 MAR '05 - Debraced: 28th FEB '07

#152 Post by nahky »

Just a quick pic -

Comparison of my closed-mouth smiles. I can do it now without looking awkward. Shaved all my hair off. SIck of doing my hair.
Its been a month now, just gettting on with life as usual, but with heaps more confidence and relaxation. I feel like myself in my own skin.
Nahhs, Jaw Surgery 'n all<
Progress Pictures on Pages 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, 13 Debracing/Teeth Whitening Pictures on Pg 16

Lower JAW Surgery: May 2006 Debraced: March 2007

MsTee

#153 Post by MsTee »

Lookin' good Nahky! Love the haircut! 8)

lionfish

#154 Post by lionfish »

You look great, Jason. And the haircut suits.

Brandyleigh35

#155 Post by Brandyleigh35 »

Wow! what a difference a month makes! You look great!

Question for you. Did you have the slight incisions in your cheeks to insert the screws like NvCarissa has? I didn't see any marks but just wondered.

Brandy

nahky

#156 Post by nahky »

Wow! what a difference a month makes! You look great! Question for you. Did you have the slight incisions in your cheeks to insert the screws like NvCarissa has? I didn't see any marks but just wondered.
Brandy
Im not sure yet, i'll ask my surgeon, im seeing him in a few hours for the post-op consults. I'll get my new x-rays done as well.

I dont have any marks on my cheeks, but i do ahve 4 dots on the left side of my neck. they are spaced out pretty evenly, so if you were to do a dot-to-dot with them, it would create a square shape. And i ahve two dots on the other side of my neck. They are very light an not noticeable.

I'll tell you all how things go this afternoon.

slight update: I can chew kinda again, I ate KFC the other nite. I can chew easily on things like pastas and noodles and eggs and rice.

I've been going to gym for sometime now. So no porblem there

Now im looking for a new job. its all good. Next milestone will be these braces off.

til next time
Progress Pictures on Pages 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, 13 Debracing/Teeth Whitening Pictures on Pg 16

alexa

#157 Post by alexa »

Lookin' good! :D
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

nahky

#158 Post by nahky »

Thankyou for all the cool comments and kind replies

Well had that visit to the surgeon yesterday, and then my orthodontist afterwards. I arrived 20 minutes early thinking by arriving early, i may not have to wait as long. wrong i was. Ended up watching people who came after me, leave before me. LOL.

Well. my surgeon gave everything the thumbs up and said i could 'go for it' when it came to eating. I'll still take things slowly when it comes to eating the less-than-soft kind of food though. I'll know when i can fully go for it myself.

My ortho, gave me a new configuration to wear. I laughed when i first saw it when he handed me the mirror. Hannibal lecter eat your heart out! haha, it wasnt that bad. He said to wear it as much as possible, during nights and evenings, becuase with it on, talking and eating isnt that comfrtable, and looks wrong! :)

Here it is. The before pic, shows my teeth before the elastics (the pic shows me a bit swollen a week or two after surgery) So far, it has been overnight, and the elastics have done their job immensely! My bottom midline has aligned with my tops already! Im amazed. I know my teeth move quickly, but never expected for a midline to be corrected so quickly. My teeth are sore, so i know they are working (not that thats the best indication of movement & progress) but still, its encouraging, and i'll religiously stick by these elastics because i can see the movement its doing already. May not seem huge to everyone else viewing it, but to me, its quite some movement there.

My surgeon asked me to close my mouth, apparently, i need to train it more and exercise because when i open and close, my bottom jaw does go straight up and down. Im still not used to having a normal bite he said, but everything looks good and im healing fantasticly.

Didnt get x-rays yesterday, i forgot to bring the papers and the x-ray office next door woulda have strated to close anyhow. My OS said it was ok, and that whn he sees me in 2 months time, i can get x-rays by then.

Brandyleigh35

#159 Post by Brandyleigh35 »

Nahky,
Were you able to find out about the incision marks? or if those little dots you have were from something specific?

Brandy

nvcarissa

#160 Post by nvcarissa »

Congratulations on getting back to "real" food!! I am so jealous. I see my OS next Thursday, but I think I will still be a "no chew." He said it would be for a few weeks. <Sigh>

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

nahky

#161 Post by nahky »

2 Months Post Op

Just realised today is my 2 month Post op. My My, time does fly when you're not swollen :lol:

No picture updates yet, I'll take some, later during the week when i cant get my hands on a camera.

I can say that even 2 months on, swelling is still subsiding, ever so slowly and gradully. I can still feel the fullness in my face, but in most regards, its back to normal. I get a little paranoid when someone (a friend or rather) comes and squeezes my cheeks.

The other week, my ortho took off my surgery hooks, and he put in new wires. This time he shortened the wires so it didnt connect to my molars. FREEDOMMM! For the weeks before, sometimes i couodnt chew because something sharps stabbed and ripped into my gums, so i was very precious about chewing. It wasn't a long pokey wire, its just that my cheeks (from the surgery incision) needed space to heal.

So because the hooks are off aswell, no more need to wear elastics. Hence , my midline at the bottom has shifted back. Bit disappointed about this, my ortho said things needed to settle. But im sure he knows best.

i must say, very glad to ahve lost the hooks, kinda felt like i was kinda being 'de-braced'. So can only imagine what the real feeling is like.

2 months on - Have been eating everything i wanted so far, i dont eat hard candy which requires a good bite down.

Numbness - mostly all gone now, except directly at the rims of my bottom lip. The muscles there. I need to work them up. they feel funny.

CONSTANT LOUD RINGING IN LEFT EAR - Finally subsided!! no more siren sounds. I can sleep properly! weeks before, all i can hear was a high pitched EEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeee AAAWwwwwwwwww Weeeeeeeee. I even put my ear to a friend to listen and she could hear it!! and she immitated the sound perfectly. I was tripped out someone else could hear it. I thought it was inaudible to others. Im not crazy afterall!. I think it has something to do with my ear canals getting swollen or somethign or rather (dont quote me on that one). But yeah, i cankinda still hear it, but its almost gone and things are looking better on that front. [or could it be that i was partying too much at clubs and im temporarily half deaf form the past weekend, maybe, will soon find out :lol: ]

Check up - Scale and Clean at the dentist

Had it done last week. Bit uneventful. I expected it to last longer. Felt like he was just brushing my teeth. Still, it was nice to get somoene else to do it, lol. He said there was a limited amount he could do with the braces on. I dont think he even flossed them. Just scraped around the brackets.

Oh well... Til Next time

skittley80

#162 Post by skittley80 »

Hi Nahky :) I'm so glad I found your story. I will be going through both upper and lower jaw surgery in about a year. I am so excited and your story really helped me to get over my fears. I was so worried about the numbness, and all the other side affects..but it seems they are only long lasting in limited cases..hopefully not mine. You look great..I'm so glad everything went well for you.

--Braced..upper and lower on 7/17/06
--Orthognathic surgery (upper and lower jaw)..possibly summer of '07

M1k3y

#163 Post by M1k3y »

So how are things going for you now Nahky?
Braced 5-27-06 - 18 months with braces
Case 1 - minor crookedness
Envision Composite Brackets
M1k3y's introduction with photos
M1k3y's journey with photos

Debranded 3-20-08

nahky

#164 Post by nahky »

Update - 5 Months On

Wow, yonks since i updated. Very slack I know. 5 Months since the surgery already. Time really does fly by.

Things have improved a great deal since. I reckon about 95% of the swelling has subsided. It has been quite uneventful since i last updated. Which is a good thing, enough dramas in life.

I finally got time to make an appointment with the ortho yesterday. He said it would be the last adjustment, and that in 4 weeks time, they will be off!!! I told him i was itching to them off. So, the removal date is hopefully November 21st which is 2 days before my 19th birthday. It will be best present.

My braces account is almost paid off as well. Only 400 AUD more to go, which covers the retainer plates. For a while, i didnt get adjustments because i coudlnt afford to make the payments. But got that sorted out last week.

New JOb

I applied to work at a THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. serveral weeks ago. The position was to be a poker dealer. I got the job. Its an awesome gig, wasnt the easiest thing to pick up but im really enjoying it. Great pay, which is why i can afford to pay for my braces and the rest of my surgical bills (which im still paying for). So many bills to pay off, gets overwhelming at times. I may have to get a second job to partially enjoy or save the money im earning. But its still all good. I'll be right.

But i have made quite a few feel-good purchases to keep me motivated. Got myself an eletric tooth brush again [Sonicare]. I love it. Absolutely awesome. Pricey unit, but so worth it. A new years worth of gym membership. And, an Ipod spam, the new one. My new favourite toy.

I will post pictures next time. Dont think i've changed much at all.

Caroline

#165 Post by Caroline »

I've been wondering where you've been hiding, Nahky! It's good to hear from you again.

Great news about your removal date. You must me thrilled. Congrats about the new job also. :thumbsup: Things really seem to be looking up!
Ceramics
Top braced January 7, 2005
Bottom braced February 4, 2005
Tops off July 10, 2006!!!
Bottoms off August 15, 2006!!!