27 and braced again, and they are off!!!!!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

labyrinth

getting it right the 2nd time

#16 Post by labyrinth »

I am 29 and about to get braces for the 2nd time, someone should start up a support group for us guys who have done it all before. My apologies if someone already has, I'm new and still finding my way around.

Drama Queen

#17 Post by Drama Queen »

Hey Labyrinth,

Welcome it is nice to hear from another 20 something who is going through all of this for the second time.

I suppose this board an website is like a support group. Handy tips and great support from a lot of people who are in the same boat as us. Makes you feel slightly less alone.

Lau xx
Braced on 25 July 2006 Ceramic upper and lowers
Braces off on 3 April 2008

Drama Queen

#18 Post by Drama Queen »

Just got back from my 6th adjustment. The ortho took out my lower archwire and put some bends in it and then replaced it - he mentioned something about the bends elavating some teeth and depressing others (whatever that means!). No changes on the upper arch. New clears ligs on top and bottom, and to carry on with my triangle elastics (which are every now and again making the inside of my mouth really sore - going to have to up the amount of salt water rinses me thinks!). Next adjustment in 4 weeks time.

The 25th of January will be by 6 month anniversary :lol: wo ho!

Lau xx

Drama Queen

#19 Post by Drama Queen »

Thanks KK for the information - I am going to ready up on it now!

Hope all is well with you?

Lau xx

Drama Queen

#20 Post by Drama Queen »

Hey,

Well back from my 7th adjustment, and feeling a bit down. No changes on my top arch, just new ligs but there was major work going on on my bottom arch. I have various springs, wire ties, elastic ties and an extra wire attached to move my teeth back slightly, and it looks awful, there is so much metal there you wouldn't believe that I have ceramic braces! And i am sure the on set of pain over the next few days is going to be imense - today I just feel like crying. Though on the plus side I only have to wear my triangle elastics at night.

I think this is the worse I have felt over the past 6 months. and to top it all off I have an audition to be on the game show deal or no deal tomorrow and i am gonna hate having to speak and put myself across as a great contestant with the braces.

I know that I sound really stupid as it is not life threatening or anything and I appreciate there are people here who go through a lot worse with their braces, but sometimes this whole thing just really gets me down. The first thing I did when I got into work was go and see my mate and vent all my upset and anxiety to him as he always knows the right things to say, and I do feel a little better now.

Lau xx

Drama Queen

#21 Post by Drama Queen »

Thanks kk for your words of encouragment, and I am going to try and be positive.

Lau xx

Drama Queen

#22 Post by Drama Queen »

Hi,

Audition went ok, I think, didn't even think about my braces while I was doing it - so thats good - just gotta wait and see if I get picked to go on!

All the new stuff on my bottom arch isn't as bad as I thought it would be, it was just me being my usual drama queen self, worrying about things without giving them a proper chance!

7 month brace anniversary on Sunday!

Lau xx

Drama Queen

#23 Post by Drama Queen »

Hi,

Just got back from my 8th adjustment. Not very eventful. The Ortho just tied some elastic wire to my bottom arch to move a couple of teeth, changed my top ligs (I really wanted my bottom ligs changed too, but as there is so much wire and elastic wires down there he said it wasn't possible. They are still pretty clear so will have to put up with these ones for a little longer). He did say that things are moving nicely so that it positive. Next adjustment in 4 weeks time.

coming up to my 8 month anniversary on 25 March! yay!!

Lau xx

Drama Queen

#24 Post by Drama Queen »

Hey,

Well another month has flown by and I am coming up to (what I hope is) the half way point - on 25 April I will have been braced for 9 Months - on one hand it feels like an eternity and on the other hand the months have just flown by.

Anyway todays adjustment - No changes to my bottom arch. The ortho took my top wire out rebent it a little and then put it back. I dont have to wear the triangle elastics at night, but I am now wearing class 2 elastics that stretch from my back molars up to a little kink in the wire near the front side of my teeth. (the same formation that I had when I was first introduced to elastics) for the usual 24/7.

So all in all not so bad at this point.

Lau xx

Drama Queen

#25 Post by Drama Queen »

Well today is my 9 month anniversary and if all is going to plan I should be at the halfway stage in my treatment. At the moment it feels like I am now standing at the top of the hill and the next 9 months I will be slowly climbing down to the bottom and when I get there I will be braceless!

Lau xx

Drama Queen

#26 Post by Drama Queen »

Hey,

Well today was my 10th adjustment. My ortho said that there was improvement. No major changes, just took off the elastic wire I have attached to my bottom arch spring things and tied some new wire on. Still have to wear the elastics that I was told to wear at my 9th adjustment, and as usual the pain is starting to set in today.

I have had a real down month with my braces, the worst month really since I started this journey. I dont know why but I have felt more self conscious and had real low self esteem, so bad in fact there were points where I just didn't want to carry on anymore, cos everytime I looked in the mirror I hated what I saw staring back at me! Stupid really. Though I am feeling a little more positive now, I mean I am coming up to my 10 month mark on the 25th of May so I think if I have come this far I know that I can see it through.

Lau xx

Drama Queen

#27 Post by Drama Queen »

Hey,

Well today was my 7th adjustment. Nothing done to my upper arch just new clear ligs. On my bottom arch he bent the second wire that i have resting at the top of my brackets a little, so now it feels tighter, and he repositioned by elastics ties that I have, and changed my ligs - so now at the mo they are gleaming new.

Still need to wear the elastics but using slightly smaller ones this time, that come in a red packet, so I sense these are going to really hurt once they start pulling - but hey no pain no gain and all that.

My ortho said that my bite was beginning to look nice and he was really impressed with how clean i keep my teeth and my ligs - which is always nice to hear.

Next adjustment is in 5 weeks time.

Lau xx

Drama Queen

#28 Post by Drama Queen »

Hey,

Thanks for the support. Elastics haven't been too bad yet, so hopefully they will continue to stay that way.

Lau xx

Drama Queen

#29 Post by Drama Queen »

Hey,

Today was my 12th adjustment. The Ortho said its looking nice. No changes on my upper arch just new ligs. On my bottom arch my Ortho removed the auxcillary wire that I had resting on the top of my brackets along with several springs (only have 2 springs now) and elastics ties - it feels amazing like I have a bit more room on my bottom arch now with just the brackets and wire - and of course new clear ligs. Still have to wear my class 2 elastics.

In about 2 weeks I will have been braced for a year - can't quite believe it seems like only yesterday I started all of this.

Lau xx

Drama Queen

#30 Post by Drama Queen »

well today is my 1 year brace anniversary. :lol:

Can't believe it, seems like only yesterday I started all this with the tears and the trauma (I still have those sometimes on my down days I have to admit). Hopefully I only have 6 months to go. On one hand it doesn't seem like there is long to go, on the other hand it feels like forever!

Anyway been to the dentist and hygenist today, and got top marks from both of them for my oral hygenie, so that is a bonus as well today.

Here's to the next 6 months (hopefully :?: ) of being braced!

Lau xx