is anyone else getting braced in june?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Dimples

#76 Post by Dimples »

Hey guys,

Well I got my upper arch braced today with ceramics. My ortho said that he wants me to get used to the feel of my braces before he braces the lower arch. So I go back to get the lower arch braced on july 27th(my daughters birthday) I'm glad he decided to do it that way, because My mouth definetly has to adjust to this. I don't have any pain(knock on wood) I just ate a cheese burger and fries, and was able to chew normally. But I do feel slight pressure, no discomfort, but I do have to adjust to the feel of the brackets on my upper lip. So far so good. I'm just happy to have finally gotten started.
The only part of my mouth that is a little sensitive, is the gums under my tongue on the left side, and underneath my tongue. The assistant put that mouth thingy in my mouth and didn't adjust it right. It was painful, and I felt like I couldn't breathe. Finally the ortho came back in after he had put the brackets on(because one popped off) and heard me complaining about pain. He adjusted it properly and there was insant relief.
Aside from the assistant squirting me in the eye with water, and squirting the side of my face, and the painful mouth thingy, everything went fine.
I'm good....for now.

Pixel Witch

#77 Post by Pixel Witch »

Congrats!

How are you holding up on the "ripping up your mouth" part? I haven't had that issue yet, just had the achy soreness catch up with me late last night.

Nothing too horrible though!

Pics soon>? :D

gerbilburp

#78 Post by gerbilburp »

june 22nd i get braced :D

peach

#79 Post by peach »

Hi everyone. I just got braced June 4th. Ceremics on the top and metals on the bottom. I haven't had any problems with my braces rubbing against the inside of my mouth. But it is difficult to eat. I'm still working on softer foods and I cut everything up into tiny pieces. It definitly takes a lot longer to eat.

Lil Sunshine

#80 Post by Lil Sunshine »

I am getting braced on the 13th. Have 3 of the 4 anchors in now and having a hard time eating but I have discovered soft tacos arent fairly easy to chew.

Lil Sunshine

#81 Post by Lil Sunshine »

I meant to say ARE easy to chew.

Lyric

#82 Post by Lyric »

Hello,

I've just joined this group and I'm very happy to have found a forum about braces.

I'm 36 years old and about to get braces! I just got my spacers two days ago and it has been hell! My teeth are REALLY sore. I'll be getting braces on the 19th of June and I hope it won't be that painful.

Wish everybody good luck!
Lyric

Dimples

#83 Post by Dimples »

Hey everybody,

Well I haven't had any trouble with brackets irritating or anything. Still no major pain, just pressure, and slight sensitivity when I bite into something with my two front teeth. Overall, I have to adjust to the feel of the brackets. They feel big under my upper lip.

Pixel Witch

#84 Post by Pixel Witch »

Oh man, I haven't even tried biting anything with my front teeth with the exception of noodles.

I've just been cutting things up small and placing them on my molars, lol.

minlou01

#85 Post by minlou01 »

I've been braced (upper only) for 6 days now and I have had no mouth irritation. My teeth are still sore but are getting better. I had Balsamic Grilled Salmon, Grilled Asparagus and Mashed Potatoes for dinner and I did okay chewing. Yipee! :D

I'm already seeing movement which is encouraging!

hawkerswife

#86 Post by hawkerswife »

I'm no longer part of the June group. I had my one extraction last Wednesday. So now I have to wait 2 weeks for it to heal. Then get spacers. And finally braces July 9th!

Lil Sunshine

#87 Post by Lil Sunshine »

I am wondering what colour is everyone thinking of getting for the first ligs. I spent an hour last night going through the ligs post and came up with a few that I am trying to narrow down to one.

Pixel Witch

#88 Post by Pixel Witch »

I ended up with pale lavender, but I don't like them - not enough color for me. They looked more colorful in the container.

Lesson Learned!

The colored Lig thread has given me 10 tons of ideas for future colors/color combos.

Next time, I am just getting a darker, brighter purple color, or I will alternate it with black maybe.

minlou01

#89 Post by minlou01 »

hawkerswife wrote:I'm no longer part of the June group. I had my one extraction last Wednesday. So now I have to wait 2 weeks for it to heal. Then get spacers. And finally braces July 9th!
Bummer Hawkerswife! Best of luck healing.

minlou01

#90 Post by minlou01 »

Meryaten wrote:On the bright side, you get to enjoy the 4th July picnic scene brace-free ... corn on the cob anyone?
Good point Meryaten! Way to think positive.... :D

3/10/07 Upper Wisdom Teeth Extracted
3/24/07 Lower Wisdom Teeth Extracted-Major Complications (Fractured Jaw & Dry Sockets) Postponed B-Day by 2 Months
6/4/07 Upper Arch Braced
7/2/07 Lower ArchBraced
5/29/10 Debraced!!!!