How many weeks apart are your braces appiontments

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ChocolateMocha

How many weeks apart are your braces appiontments

#1 Post by ChocolateMocha »

just wondering

Laurie

#2 Post by Laurie »

Six weeks for my first appointment after getting my uppers on.

alexa

#3 Post by alexa »

Yeah...MetalMouth Forum thing.

That aside, every 4 weeks, for me.
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

BracesRacer

#4 Post by BracesRacer »

Well I have only had two appointments after the initial one... but so far he has done adjustments every six weeks. You would think I could go faster... the teeth do all the moving in like 2 or 3 days and then they feel fine and dont seem to move much after that... I dunno he must know what he is doing. Maybe the root has to move to catch up or something...

sashamax

#5 Post by sashamax »

BracesRacer, glad to hear I'm not the only one who has this happen. I've only had 3 adjustments and each time movement occurs in the ensuing 1-4 days and then nothing until the next adjustment. My ortho once said that the bone needs 2-3 weeks to repair itself for the new tooth position, I'm guessing the extra time is just to make sure??

So far adjustments 1 & 2 were 5 weeks and adjustment 3 is this week at 6 weeks - the extra week has made the interval seem so much longer.

Elyse84

#6 Post by Elyse84 »

I've had 8 week breaks in between appointments. I'm only up to my third adjustment in a few weeks.

*ceramic on top
*silver on bottom

lionfish

#7 Post by lionfish »

Six to eight weeks to start, now four weeks apart.

LaaLaa

#8 Post by LaaLaa »

My appointments are 4 weeks apart so far. Granted, I've only gone to one adjustment but the next one is 4 weeks away.

KK ~ :shock: I think I'd go crazy and get upset if my appointments were that far apart. I sometimes even want to go in more frequently. :lol:

Clairey Fairey

#9 Post by Clairey Fairey »

6 weeks so far, but I've been told some of the appts will be 10 weeks apart!!

JumpTheDitch

#10 Post by JumpTheDitch »

Usually 6-7 weeks.

Lisa65

#11 Post by Lisa65 »

In general they are 6 weeks apart, unless he has something major planned for me.

smile2006

#12 Post by smile2006 »

My appointments have generally been four weeks. Right after jaw surgery I was seeing him every two weeks. At the moment I'm on 3 week intervals as well in anticipation of getting my braces removed soon. Tomorrow is an appointment but I still have a little gap that will probably negate getting them off. I can tell you if I had 6 or more week intervals I would not be getting clear power chains. After 3-4 weeks they have had it (yellowish)!

MissDiana

#13 Post by MissDiana »

I had six weeks between the day I was braced and my first official adjustment, and its every four weeks from there on.
Braces on 4/4/07 -
Braces off 3/31/08!

laurene

#14 Post by laurene »

I just got braced a couple of weeks ago. My next scheduled appointment is 8 weeks later. This seems like a long time to wait after getting braced to see the ortho. Sounds like other people see their ortho more often. Now I'm concerned.

AngelOfLife

#15 Post by AngelOfLife »

6 weeks for me, only had one adjustment so far though :wink: