23 Days and still sore...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MsViola

#16 Post by MsViola »

I understand. I am jealous of the no "painers" :D It has been 5 months and I still have days that I hate to chew (or sneeze). Biting into anything is still out the question.

On the upside, I have found that you can eat almost anything if it is cut into small pieces. Since it takes longer for me to eat I tend to eat less. It will get better so hang in there.

Ms. Viola
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

1/17/07 - Upper (Clear) & Lower (Metal - self ligatating) Braces
Estimated treatment time = 30-36 months

KK Cat

#17 Post by KK Cat »

Hi Insanemommy, I really feel for you. I got my braces the same day as you (upper only at present) and have luckily been pain free so far. My ortho did say he was using a "gentle wire just to get them moving", so I suspect I will have more pressure (& presumably some pain or at least discomfort) in the future, particularly I imagine when I get elastics (in September I think).

I have had some twinges in 2 teeth over the last 24 hours or so and am glad, at least it proves something must be happening, I certainly can't see/feel any evidence of anything moving. I guess it will take a few months before anything is obvious. It's a bit of a Catch 22 I suppose, God knows I don't want pain, but at the same time it does prove something is happening :?