They're OFF! (updated 3/31/08)

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MissDiana

#46 Post by MissDiana »

Hi, mrsphase and jamie! Thanks for coming to take a look at my progress. It's nice to know I can come here and always find people who want to look at pictures of teeth just as much as I do! My friends and family are sort of starting to get disgusted :wink: .

smallbutmighty, yes! Yes it does!
Braces on 4/4/07 -
Braces off 3/31/08!

cwatt1

#47 Post by cwatt1 »

Diana, those photos are amazing -- truly amazing! I can't believe how good your teeth and smile look after the relatively short time you've been braced!

Photos like that really inspire me -- just got mine last Thursday and if I can get HALF that progress in the same length of time, I'll be ecstatic! You look to me like you're almost ready for debanding already :!:

Click here to read about my progress.

SouthernCharm

#48 Post by SouthernCharm »

Your pictures are really amazing and inspiring! It's great to have a place like this for positive reinforcement because during my first week I had a couple of "what in the heck was I thinking" moments. However, seeing such beautiful results gives me hope for the future. (Only 103 more weeks to go...)

:lol:

MissDiana

#49 Post by MissDiana »

Good morning, everyone!

I had my fourth adjustment yesterday ...

New, stronger, elastics in a new formation (triangles) and a stronger powerchain on the bottom. We also talked about a molar band on the bottom next time to finish closing a gap from a missing tooth.

We ALSO talked about my progress, and my ortho said that my teeth are straight, right now we're just workiing on my bite. I asked him if we were still looking at a year for total treatment time and he actually LAUGHED and said there is almost no way it's going to take that long! WOOHOO!

On the downside, man these new elastics are tough. My mouth is pretty sore this morning.
Braces on 4/4/07 -
Braces off 3/31/08!

jamie315

Lucky Lucky

#50 Post by jamie315 »

Wow Diana, every adjustment your teeth just look more amazing, well it sounds like this one was a very positive one, thats awsome that your treatment will be so short. Hopefully your bite moves quickly to where it needs to be. I cannot wait to see your teeth all done. Well ttyl.

Jamie

MissDiana

#51 Post by MissDiana »

Hi, Karen and Jamie!

Jaime, I can't wait to see them all done either! It was pretty funny, actually, when my ortho told the woman doing the adjustment about the new elastics and she clapped! I was like, "you're excited about this?" She said, "Yes, because it's a really good sign! You're getting closer!"

I honestly think that half the reason this has been such a great experience for me is the staff at my ortho's office. I love them.
Braces on 4/4/07 -
Braces off 3/31/08!

jamie315

#52 Post by jamie315 »

You know Diana that is so true, the staff does make such a difference, I love my orthos as well. Everytime I go in everyone, from the receptionists to all the hygenists stop by to say hi and they always have such positive things to say. Even outside of the office if I see them, they are always like let me see. Plus I cut three of the girls hair. So I coulnt agree with you more. Well Ill see you next post, ill my posting my one year pics in a few weeks. Ttyl.

cwatt1

#53 Post by cwatt1 »

Diana, what great news that your treatment might be done even earlier than expected! Though I can't say I'm particularly surprised after having seen your latest pics!

You go girl!

Click here to read about my progress.

MissDiana

#54 Post by MissDiana »

I realized on Thursday morning that my top archwire had been put back upside down (the detail bends are now on the wrong teeth). GAH!

I'm going back today to have them flip it to where it's supposed to be.
Braces on 4/4/07 -
Braces off 3/31/08!

mary.

Wow Diana!

#55 Post by mary. »

What great progress, you must be so proud and excited! Just think, that straight look will be yours permanently in the near future.

pinkpatrol

#56 Post by pinkpatrol »

I secretly hope and pray that my braces are for a shorter duration. My teeth have responded fairly well also. I have had them now for almost 3 months. I still see the progress that needs to happen, but I am hopeful. Way to go!!!!! Can't wait to see the final pics when you are done!!!!!

Caseym

#57 Post by Caseym »

Well done on such excellent progress :D Must be nice to hear that the finish line might not be as far away as you expected.

MissDiana

#58 Post by MissDiana »

What is wrong with this picture?

NO archwires!

I stopped by my ortho this morning to get my archwires out for my cleaning this afternoon (right now I'm on my couch at home, killing time between appointments). I have to say, having brackets and no wire feels completely bizarre.

I go back to my ortho after my cleaning to get everything back in, as well as my adjustment. I'll be back with new pics later. :)
Braces on 4/4/07 -
Braces off 3/31/08!

Choppers

#59 Post by Choppers »

If I had my wires out, I'd floss as much as I could! Your teeth look beautiful!

jamie315

#60 Post by jamie315 »

I loved it when they took my wires for last cleaning, so nice. As always your teeth are looking amazing, any news on a deband date yet?