Favourite food-what is it and can you eat it in braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ilovemacs

Favourite food-what is it and can you eat it in braces

#1 Post by ilovemacs »

Just for fun... what is your favourite food and can you eat it while in braces?

Mine is French Fries, at some resteraunts I can eat them but some I can't seeing as they are hard, and not soft, I'm scared they'll hurt my braces!!

iBorg

#2 Post by iBorg »

Mine is Cadbury's Fruit and Nut Chocolate Bars. I can eat it but have to spit out most of the nuts. I also like beer. Anyone know where I can get a good pumpkin beer in Charleston, WV?

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

Tin Indian

#3 Post by Tin Indian »

:D Pan fried Lake Perch. YUUMMM!

Mike, and like you I like my beer also. But I like only three kinds: cans, kegs or bottles! :lol: :lol: :lol:

T.I.
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

Thathrill

#4 Post by Thathrill »

What Meryaten says is true. You can have just about anything but its all in the way you eat it. 2 things I eat a lot of is pasta and popcorn. I slowed down on the popcorn as the clean up is terrible. I have it like once every 2-3 months LOL. Pasta takes a while to clean up but I still have it.

I also love nuts especially almonds but I have pretty much avoided them.
Brace date: 5/2/2007
Debanding date: 1/14/2009
Ceramic Braces: 20 months
Currently in clear Essix retainers at night

My Blog: http://jjfan1.blogspot.com

iBorg

#5 Post by iBorg »

Meryaten:
Some time we've got to get together. You've been so helpful. I'm looking for draft.

I know, travel across country and you'll take me to a good brew pub.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

KikiloSugilo

#6 Post by KikiloSugilo »

I absolutely adore corn on the cob, buffalo wings, and nachos! Actually I eat anything I want in braces and fortunately have never once broken a bracket doing so.

platinum

#7 Post by platinum »

liquorice

I like it very much, but it stains my ligs abd cleaning teeth after eating liquirice is tedious.

timewaster

#8 Post by timewaster »

Hmmm, chocolate! The boyfriend buys this really tasty (but really hard) dark chocolate. Every time he offers me a piece though, I have to break it up in *tiny* little pieces. And the effort it takes to break it up burns calories! Maybe...

ilovemacs

#9 Post by ilovemacs »

ha ha.. ThatsWhatSheSaid, that's funny!! :D

Betty Bat

#10 Post by Betty Bat »

Luckily, my favorite food is ice cream and that's very easy to eat whether you have braces or not! Just watch out for some of the bits that are put in ice cream, like nuts, chocolate chips and/or pieces, broken-up peanut butter cups, ...

CactusZAF

#11 Post by CactusZAF »

My favorite was Biltong (I think you guys in the USA call it jerky, its basically dried spicy meat strips), but my ortho specifically warned me not to eat it as it has a stringy texture and gets between even the closest of teeth making cleaning almost impossible (apparently the damage is usually done during the cleanup stage). So I haven't touched the stuff since being braced. The other thing I like is ribs, but just the thought of those bits of meat getting entangled in my brackets is enough to put me entirely off.
The way I look at it is to just use those things you can't eat now as motivation to get done as fast as possible so you can eat them after the braces come off! :D

jordanna

#12 Post by jordanna »

I love potato chips - Buffalo wing flavoured are my favorite. They were hard to eat at first while my teeth were sensitive but it's getting better every day!

I also like raw veggies and baba ganoush but raw veggies are kind of hard to eat so far :D
:pinkbraces: Feel free to check out my braces blog by clicking on WWW icon below - I'd love to have you drop by! :pinkbraces:

SnowSara

#13 Post by SnowSara »

CHEESE

And god help me if I weren't able to eat it.

In the beginning I had to figure out how to eat stuff, but by now I can't think of anything besides biting clean into an apple that I can't do. (And besides, it's better to slice that apple up and dip into caramel anyway, isn't it??)

All Metal Uppers and Lowers - brackets placed with OrthoCAD

Braces on 2/1/2007, Removed 2/13/2008, now in Essix retainers.

Lala7603

#14 Post by Lala7603 »

my favorite food has always been crab legs and thankfully i was albe to eat lots of them when i had my braces. crack them with your hands and then soft meat gets dipped in butter....oh man i want some now.

SMIles
LALA
Braces On: November 21, 2003
Braces Off: December 17, 2004
Braces Back On: November 6, 2007
Braces Back Off: 2008

Pepper

#15 Post by Pepper »

I like tacos. I can eat them just fine still.