mjbusch - Well I thought my tmj pain was gone, but it's back

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mjbusch

#31 Post by mjbusch »

Well my molars moved maybe to quick. The space seemed to close in about 2 and a half weeks. Now I have been without elastics for about 4 weeks and the left side of my jaw is starting to ache like it did last year before the splint. It is fustrating that I have done all this and now it seems to be back to where I was last year.

Meloho

#32 Post by Meloho »

Ouch, that's not good...has your ortho said anything about the pain?
Your rick-a-nator looks different than mine - your bottom teeth fit into grooves underneath it, right? Mine don't even touch the acrylic at the roof of my mouth and you can't see the acrylic at all behind my front teeth. I guess that's why I have the bite plate on the bottom...probably amounts to the same thing.
So will your front bottom teeth have to come up after or does the lack of a bottom bite plate mean they're already in the right place?

mjbusch

#33 Post by mjbusch »

Well I got lower braces at my last appointment with a very thin archwire. So for the pain I got my bottom left second molar built up. So now I am wearing elastics again hopefully moving my bite to a pain free location.

My rickanator was hard to deal with at first but now I almost forget that I have it. My bottom teeth fit into the groves so that my molars can erupt. I guess I will have to post new pictures since they have moved a lot since my last picture update.