Dr Arnett - Input Anybody?

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

rosy22

#31 Post by rosy22 »

Brandy,
What is MMA? I have heard of doc you mentioned at UCLA but don't recall context.

Brandyleigh35

#32 Post by Brandyleigh35 »

Yep...the advancements are much larger though, typically starting at about 10mm on the maxilla. Dr Casey Lee is world reknown and very good! I have three friends who have had surgery done by him, as he also does regular orthognathic surgery, and all have been very pleased with their results. He does a ton of these surgeries a year, and is also quite spendy, but I hear he is worth it.

I can only go off the folks I know he worked on and they had nothing but great things to say about him. He might be someone else to look into if your willing to do the traveling. I think he can be a bit hard to get into but he does specialize in the more difficult, larger advancement, type surgeries, and to the best of my knowledge he doesn't commonly recommend cheek implants.

If you go on my blog and check out Kristen's profile (under upper and lower jaw surgery) she was one that just needed orthognathic surgery but did not have sleep apnea issues. Also under the MMA section check out Shelby, Annie, and Roger. They all had Dr Lee and have been very pleased with their results.

Brandy