Teeth Whitening WITH Braces On?

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

Jex

#16 Post by Jex »

FYI---Consumer Reports did a study on whitening toothpastes and found cheap-o UltraBright to be the most "whitening". I don't think it even contains peroxide, which IS a bleach.

Tops went on March 4, 2008
Lowers go on May 30, 2008
Bracket Mullet---metal on the bottom (business), Ice (party) on the top!

HIMgurl

#17 Post by HIMgurl »

I use to use Ultrabrite years ago and it alway keep my teeth nice and white. I recently decided to use it again due to its $.97 Wally World price tag. I brush so much now that a tube of toothpaste does not last very long.

Meryaten, I wouldn't say that its overly abraisive. But my teeth do feel cleaner compare to the Colgate anti-cavity paste I was using before. And after two days of use, my teeth look as if I've whitened again. Ultrabrite is just really good at removing surface stains. Really makes those brackets sparkle!
I have just completed my treatment!!

martinrechards

Bleaching teeth

#18 Post by martinrechards »

I am a spammer. Me and my entire country of India have just been banned.

golfinjesse

Bleaching with Braces

#19 Post by golfinjesse »

Many Orthodontists believe that belaching while wearing braces will leave un-bleached areas under the braces after they are removed. This is entirely UNTRUE. Teeth bleach from the inside out, not the outside in. Once the material permeates the enamel it migrates throughout the enamel and bleaches out the stains, even under braces.

bbsadmin

Re: Bleaching with Braces

#20 Post by bbsadmin »

golfinjesse wrote:Many Orthodontists believe that belaching while wearing braces will leave un-bleached areas under the braces after they are removed. This is entirely UNTRUE. Teeth bleach from the inside out, not the outside in. Once the material permeates the enamel it migrates throughout the enamel and bleaches out the stains, even under braces.
Sorry to say, you are not correct!
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

SDFD TSchott

Re: Bleaching with Braces

#21 Post by SDFD TSchott »

bbsadmin wrote:
golfinjesse wrote:Many Orthodontists believe that belaching while wearing braces will leave un-bleached areas under the braces after they are removed. This is entirely UNTRUE. Teeth bleach from the inside out, not the outside in. Once the material permeates the enamel it migrates throughout the enamel and bleaches out the stains, even under braces.
Sorry to say, you are not correct!
Lynn I have to fully agree with you on this statement. "golfinjesse" provide proof to backup your claim in the mean time it's false information.

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008