Unbearable tightness in chin

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Silverstone

Re: Unbearable tightness in chin

#151 Post by Silverstone »

Thelmacue, just to clarify. You have solved the sensation of tissue tightness, tugging and restriction on your lower lip and chin by doing the following…

- injection torodol ( Ketorolac) and lidocaine

- followed immediately by aggressive massage to break up the tissue?

Is this correct?

Silverstone

#152 Post by Silverstone »

And what caused your initial tightness, tethered, sewn down feeling? Was it a genioplasty surgery?

Do you have to repeat this treatment or was it a one-off fix?

I am trying to understand what caused you to recover from misery to being your normal self. Is it the torodol that caused the recovery or the massage?

JamesMR

#153 Post by JamesMR »

Sara123456789 wrote:
> no its ruined my life

Hi Sara,
I am wondering if you ever managed to get relief somehow. I am in the same situation as you. I got double jaw surgery for sleep apnoeia in Oct 2021 and ever since have had unbearable tightness in the left hand side of my mouth and chin. It is getting worse and worse (I almost feel it getting worse by the day) and I am at the point where I dread having to talk because it hurts so much. I have been to the surgeon multiple times about it but he said re-operating will not fix it and that I should try Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. This is really affecting my mental health and I really just want it all to be over. I am 46 and just don't think I can deal living like this for the rest of my life.

JamesMR

#154 Post by JamesMR »

Wml wrote:
> Sara123456789 wrote:
> > no its ruined my life
>
>
> Your issue is the mentalis muscle, it happens very often when you have a sliding
> genioplasty reduction/reversal. What you need is a mentalis muscle resuspension and
> your issue should be fixed. Please update your situation, thanks.

Hi Wml,

Please I hope you can provide me with some information about this. I am really struggling to live my life. It is getting worse every day. I can't send you a PM as I havent had enough posts. Where would I get this kind of surgery? Is it complex? My e-mail is james_m_rimmer at yahoo dot com