Jaws' Story-Updated Dec 12/07--Follow-Up Pic (page 12)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jaws

#91 Post by jaws »

DECEMBER 13TH 2005

I went in last week for an adjustment, and have just managed to find time to post now! The ortho said that things are coming along well for me, and that he is very excited about this new procedure that he is using on me. I can't believe it's been 8 months already!

My upper right molars are flaring out a bunch, so he is trying to bring them back in line in order to line up my bite. I also got a new (big rectangular!) wire on the bottom. I was in pain for a couple of days! I've really noticed my lower arch getting wider over the past couple of months. It's pretty exciting! I also got green and red ligs for the holidays :D

Here are some pics:

Top:

Here is a pic of the bottom when I first started out:

And here is a pic of the bottom now (after 8 months):

And here are my new ligs!

Braces are Now Off!
Metal Braces Top and Bottom
Expanders Top and Bottom
April 11th 2005-June 27th 2006

hannah164

#92 Post by hannah164 »

your teeth are looking so great! Congratulations! Its so inspirational! I really like those red and green CHristmas ligs! Hope I get some great progress like that soon! :wink:

-Hannah

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05

p7atrick

#93 Post by p7atrick »

Jaws... your teeth look beautiful now! Why do you have lig ties on all upper teeth in the pics though. Good luck and you look great!

Clo

#94 Post by Clo »

Wow Jaws,

you are really getting there. Congratulations !!!
Your teeth and arches look just awesome !
And your pics are always very nice too. Very well done !

I did notice for a while now that your upper molars do flare out, probably
because of that lingual arch. I didn't dare to ask you before, as I saw
how happy you are about your progress. But I wanted too, because I
experienced the same, but in my case because of a TPA I had for about 6
months. How is your ortho going to correct this ?

jaws

#95 Post by jaws »

Thanks for all of the comments everyone!

p7atrick--I'm not sure if I understand your question. I'm not sure why I have lig ties on all my upper teeth--that is just always the way that my ortho has done it! I have never had a power chain or wire ties or anything like that.

Clo--Thanks for your input! Yes, I have noticed for a few months now that my molars flare out. I think my ortho was trying to make room for everything by flaring things out, and now he is trying to pull it all back in. In order to bring the molars back in, he has been taking out my upper lingual arch, adjusting it's shape, and putting it back in. He told me that he is bending the lingual arch in such a way that it will torque the roots of my molars back in. I'm not quite sure that I understand how this is being accomplished, but he's done good things for me so far, so I think I'll just wait and see what happens! Has your ortho talked about how he/she plans to correct the molar flaring that you got from your TPA?
Braces are Now Off!
Expanders Top and Bottom

Marzipan

#96 Post by Marzipan »

I admire your boldness in using holiday colors for the ligatures - they look great. On Tuesday I'll get the regular brackets installed and the archwire. At first I suspect I'll go only for the silver ligs to match the metal braces. But later on in treatment I want to try purple and pink and then maybe even wilder colors.

Clo

#97 Post by Clo »

Hi Jaws,
Has your ortho talked about how she plans to correct the molar flaring that you got from your TPA ?
Nah ... are you sure you wanna know how she did it for me ? Well ok
then, there are some pics of my teeth in this thread :

viewtopic.php?t=7394

As a secondary result of having all those elastics, there was a force that
corrected the flaring out of my (pre)molars. That went well for my uppers.
But now I have the opposite issue on my lowers, they are slanting inwards
too much ... But I have bigger issues right now, as a bite that won't
close for example ... I was joking when I wondered if you really wanted
to know, as I really hope you won't need to wear such nasty elastics
configuration yourself ... Mind you, it is indeed possible to correct this
by adjusting the archwire itself. I think by torquing (eh, hope I have this
right, I mean rotating the wire around its length axis) the rectangular wire.
Anyway, best of luck !
I'll be watching your 'un-flaring process' ...

HollyDontSpend

cool

#98 Post by HollyDontSpend »

Holy Christmas ligs! Your teeth look great Jaws!!! I really like those ligs too. :jump: Your teeth are really moving along. Hope everything continues to go well for you! :pinkbraces:
Damon 2's for 18 months, removed 11/03/05

jaws

#99 Post by jaws »

Wow Clo--that is a crazy elastic configuration! I will definitely keep you up to date on my 'un-flaring' process. I always tend to doubt my ortho's ability to do things, and then a few months later I end up seeing results! So, right now I am in a 'doubting' period, where I feel like my upper teeth are never going to 'unflare'...but we will see what happens!

And thanks HollyDontSpend for the comments on my ligs! It's nice to see that you still frequent this site even though you don't have braces anymore! I hope my teeth end up looking as nice as yours! :D
Braces are Now Off!
Expanders Top and Bottom

jaws

#100 Post by jaws »

JANUARY 5TH 2006

Hi Everyone,

I had my 9th adjustment done yesterday, and since school hasn't started for me yet, I have time to post right afterwards! The adjustment itself wasn't overly eventful, but I received some interesting news!

First of all, they are still trying to correct the flaring of my upper molars on one side. The ortho adjusted my lingual arch some more to try and torque those teeth inwards (if you look at the pics you will see that my upper lingual arch is further away from my teeth on one side than the other. By being further away from my teeth, I think it is supposed to pull those teeth inward and un-flare them). Then the assistant changed my ligs and I was done!

However, I asked the assistant what comes after they have un-flared those molars, and she said that I would basically be done! She said that it could take a few months to do these finishing touches, but that I could potentially be done the braces by April or May! That would be 5 or 6 months ahead of the initial time estimate (they originally told me a year and a half, and getting them off in April would be exactly one year). So, I'm not going to hold my breath, because anything can happen, but it's still exciting to think that I could be done earlier than expected!

They also told me that my next adjustment will be fairly involved. They are going to grind the molar putty off of my 2nd last molars, and put it back onto my very back molars. Then they are going to have me wear elastics from my bottom 2nd last molars to my top 2nd last molars (straight up and down) in order to pull my bottom 2nd last molars upwards and fix my deep bite. By doing this, my 2nd last molars on the bottom will be higher up than before, so my mouth won't close as deeply. Hopefully that makes sense! Also at my next adjustment they want to put some kind of 'kink' in my upper wire on one side to help un-flare the molars.

I'm excited for my next adjustment to see what happens!

Here are some pics:

TOP (I don't think that my top molars have un-flared very much since my last adjustment, so hopefully they will start moving along soon!):

BOTTOM:

New Turquoise Ligs!

Braces are Now Off!
Expanders Top and Bottom

caryca

#101 Post by caryca »

Jaws that's a great news!!! super!:-)

I start to think whether it would be possible for me to finish a bit earlier as well...oh well I guess I have to keep my self on the wave and see what will come...

BTW a nice colours
6/4/2005: 2nd premolar extracted+ spacers in
6/13/2005: clear braces: top and bottom
next 'date' on 18th Nov. ...and the bottoms might be off then?!:-) top will stay until Dec. before xmas.

hannah164

#102 Post by hannah164 »

Jaws your smile is looking beautiful! Congratulations! :dance: :banana:

Sounds like your in for one heck of an appt. there! Good luck with that! :wink:

Just curious, but what does it mean that your molars are flared? I'm quite confused. :?

I really like your ligs! I wish my ortho had that color! :)

-Hannah :frogbraces:

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05
Next Adjustment 1/11/06

jaws

#103 Post by jaws »

Thanks everyone for the comments!

hannah164--by my molars being flared outwards I mean that instead of my teeth being shaped like a nice, symmetrical arch, my molars on one side are tipped outwards. So, when I bite down, most of my teeth line up, but on that one side my upper molars tilt out slightly, so they don't meet up with my bottom ones. Hopefully that makes sense!

I'm glad that you like my colours! My boyfriend says that from far away it looks like I ate a blue candy and stained my teeth :lol:
Braces are Now Off!
Expanders Top and Bottom

JN_Woods

#104 Post by JN_Woods »

Jaws,

Your teeth look beautiful! I can't wait until my teeth straighten up, too. I love your turqoise ligs! My ortho doesn't have that color either. Good luck at your next adjustment!

Jen

Upper Braces & Both Expanders 9/14/05
Lower Braces 1/5/06
Estimated Treatment Time: 24-27 months

Marzipan

#105 Post by Marzipan »

I really love those turquoise ligs!