I Got Braced today!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Skinny

#16 Post by Skinny »

Thanks you me too, Tonight I ate Spetti O's and Canned Carrotts it went very well so Im feeling a bit better now with some food in my belly! My bottom teeth are still bothering me a bit though, Top dont hurt or bother me at all. Isnt that somthing when they pop off! :shock: WoW!
I wish you fast progress! Take care all
Im 30 Female
TMD, Crowding, Overbite
Clear on top Medal on bottom
Beauitful smile wishes to Everyone!
Skinny

Skinny

#17 Post by Skinny »

Well I think I can go Pain med free today, I have the general preasure but no pain.
Do you have to use wax during the whole treatment?
I can no longer wear my Aplience for my TMJ my teeth have out grown it already.
I feel a bit better today. :roll:
I still wonder how on earth my bottom teeth will ever strighten out? Its like there working against eachother
Im 30 Female
TMD, Crowding, Overbite
Clear on top Medal on bottom
Beauitful smile wishes to Everyone!
Skinny

butterfly

#18 Post by butterfly »

Skinny don't worry. What you experience now sounds a lot like I did in the beginning. Seems to be common. I had crowded teeth as well, tops and bottom. You will be amazed how fast they will align. After they removed the expander my bottoms straightened out in only 2 weeks! I could almost see the movement.
Nov 2 05 braced, 1/1/07 debanded & got positioner

new boy james

#19 Post by new boy james »

Hiya Skinny, hope you're feeling better again today.

I got braced 2 weeks ago and had the same problem as you with my top teeth hitting the brackets on the bottom - ouch! I went back to my ortho and he put some funny bonding stuff on one of my molars on either side so that I cant bite down fully and it's really helped. I haven't been bashing my teeth and eating has been MUCH easier. Perhaps talk to your ortho??

Hang in there, the pain will subside and i'm sure it'll all be worth it.