Which elastics were you assigned to so far???

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

PnkPrincess024

Which elastics were you assigned to so far???

#1 Post by PnkPrincess024 »

I was given Fred 1/4'' (6.4mm)
HEAVY

Aine

#2 Post by Aine »

I have had my elastics for 4 weeks and have Mountain Gorilla (green) 3/16" medium.

nvcarissa

#3 Post by nvcarissa »

Galapagos Giant Tortoise, 3/16" (4.8mm), Heavy. I was supposed to wear them for five weeks, but my oral surgeon told me a week ago that he didn't want to see any more movement, so I only had them on for three weeks.

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

eoberhauser

#4 Post by eoberhauser »

Hey! I have Fred too. "my old friend Fred" that's what my asst says. I love Fred! (Yes I'm one of the weirdos who love my elastics.)

Erin

PnkPrincess024

#5 Post by PnkPrincess024 »

i dont mind elastics either lol

does the ortho change the type of elastics after a while though???

Carmella

#6 Post by Carmella »

First I had "Rams" and then "Impalas"

tictac

#7 Post by tictac »

I have Sea Lion 1/4" 6.4 mm. HATE THEM!

PnkPrincess024

#8 Post by PnkPrincess024 »

they give them such funny names LOL

Marzipan

#9 Post by Marzipan »

All I know is Chipmunk and Impala.

Sometimes when I'm at the ortho's office and she says "Remind me of which rubber band you are using" I forget and say Squirrel and Springbok or Gazelle. She gets a laugh out of that. I guess Squirrel and Springbok don't exist. ;-)

**shinyhappybraceface**

#10 Post by **shinyhappybraceface** »

my ortho gave me rabbits, but i had to purchase the non-latex equivalent online because he only carries latex and i'm allergic
The future is no place to place your better days. ~DMB

JaneBy

#11 Post by JaneBy »

Over the past 10 months, bears, rams and ostrich.

For a while, I had bears and rams - at the same time...my husband often joked "do you have your zoo animals in your mouth?" :lol:

Last week, I started finishing elastics , those are the ostrich, and by far the most painful :soremouth: (but I know, they are only until July 12th).

Qtgirl

#12 Post by Qtgirl »

Mines say "Orthodontic Elastics" 3/16" LIGHT and the back of the bag says 'A'. Boring! I want to be able to tell my friends that I have rams, impalas or rabbits on {pout} :) :lol: I can see them now--thinking Ive gone nuts & then I'll just show em my elastic bag :lol:

juf_84

#13 Post by juf_84 »

Hi! I have Tom 3/8" 9.5mm.

I didn't realise they had names... but I am brand new to the whole braces thing! I can't wait to talk to my bf next... to let him know I'm spending all night, every night with Tom!
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

erica

#14 Post by erica »

I've got SH4 4mm (3/16") Super Heavy 6 oz. elastics. The only name on the package is "Thailand," and that's actually how my ortho's office refers to them. The other ones they use but say aren't as strong are the "U.S.A." elastics. Just like Qtgirl, I sure wish my elastics had a cooler-sounding name! :)
Braced 10/13/04
Debanded on 07/11/06!!! :)
Currently in upper and lower Essix retainers 24/7.

Granola

#15 Post by Granola »

I got Rams at my second adjustment, and am still in them (albeit on different teeth now) after my third adjustment. I was told that they are the second highest tension elastics that they give out.
Uppers placed 2/8/06--Inspire ICE ceramics
Lower (stainless) placed 2/23/06
Treatment time: 17 months (estimated was 12-18 months)
Debonded: July 11th, 2007
Next appointment: June 2008 for retainer & nightguard check