People with Overbite/Overjet post your pics in here...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

camdog

People with Overbite/Overjet post your pics in here...

#1 Post by camdog »

I have an overbite/overjet and I'm hoping to have it corrected purely through braces (no surgery).
Is anyone else trying to achieve this?

If so post your pics in this thread and if you have before and after shots that would be even better!

Please state whether you had/will be having surgery or not.

P.S: I am getting my hands on a good camera in a few days and when I do, I will post a pic of my overbite and hopefully (12 months down the line) I can come back to this thread an post my corrected overbite :D

Start posting guys!!.....

I love my teeth

#2 Post by I love my teeth »

Camdog-

I have a 9-10mm overjet, several OD's over the years have said braces and BSSO surgery. So, now I am finally doing it......this OD said if I went the no surgery route he did not believe he could pull my teeth back enough--and eventually over time they would flare out again.....after 5months of braces so far, there is a huge difference, but my teeth still rest on my lower lip--so I see what he means--the lip would just push the teeth out again! I am hoping to have BSSO surgery spring/summer 2010--hoping sooner rather than later....

good luck!

ps-I am 38yo, and have known since I was 22 I needed this done--the overjet has gotten worse over the years, so if you are younger than me, and need the surgery--do it!!
Wore Braces for 2 years, 5 months, 3 days

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

mp921

#3 Post by mp921 »

Here is a link to the thread containing my before & after pics. I had surgery to correct my overbite a few months ago.

viewtopic.php?t=33115
Braced 2nd Time: May 2008
Lower Jaw Advancement Surgery (BSSO): August 2009
One Miniplate & Four Screws Removed: October 2009

camdog

#4 Post by camdog »

Thanks for the responses guys, I'm 25 year old and currently running my own buisness so cant really afford to take any time off for jaw surgery or such which is why I'm hoping braces by themself will cure most of the problem (wont be perfect I know).

Anyway, I managed to get hold of a digital camera to take some good quality pics, see what you thik guys and everyone else, keep posting!

Image Image
Image Image[/url]

Vyse

#5 Post by Vyse »

Hi Camdog, I was wodnering do you also have trouble biting things with your front teeth like say spaghetti?

camdog

#6 Post by camdog »

Vyse... I havent been able to bite into ANYTHING with my front teeth since the braces have been put on, even still to this day (3 weeks on!)

If you mean before I had them on though, then I had no problem at all.

Faerydust

#7 Post by Faerydust »

Here's my overjet before and after pics. I did not have surgery, but I had my upper 1st premolars extracted to make space to move everything back. Wore braces for less than 2yrs.

My Braces Story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=25137
4/23/08 - Upper 1st premolars & lower impacted wisdoms extracted
-Getting lowers rebraced Aug. 30th-
Certified Dental Assistant

khrystal1968

#8 Post by khrystal1968 »

WOW yours look amazing.

camdog

#9 Post by camdog »

yeah, Faerydust thats a great job! Plus, goog to know that such a good job can be done without surgery, thanks for posting!

haywire

#10 Post by haywire »

here's mine

when i started the treatment i only had an overbite, but now i have an overjet too..because my central incisor had to move forward

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/8559/dsc03368tl.jpg

lower-braced 2 days ago, let's hope for the best
MY STORY
Braces on 23/07/2009
Braces off 10/12/2010

part time essix hater.