Got elastics on my second adjustment (PICS)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

gsx

Got elastics on my second adjustment (PICS)

#1 Post by gsx »

Hi everybody! What a surprise, in my last appointment the doctor gave me these elastics to continue correcting my underbite. He has said that maybe we can skip the TPA (better) using these elastics. Also he said the treatment was going very good and also he said the more time I wear it, the better, so I'm wearing 24h a day...
They don't hurt at all, and whenever your are doing different things rather than to think in your braces, you don't notice they are here:D

Flora2006

#2 Post by Flora2006 »

If you can skip the TPA by wearing those elastics that is awesome. Great pics. How long have you been in braces?

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

gsx

#3 Post by gsx »

Only three months flora2006.
Believe me I'm happy to skip the TPA, even I was very curious about how will it be in my mouth.
a bit of history in photos...

Flora2006

#4 Post by Flora2006 »

Again great pics. That wire is getting straighter and straighter :)

It's good that those elastics aren't hurting you much, I've read other posts where some experience a lot of soreness on the teeth that have the elastics on.

I am really not looking forward to wearing elastics...I still have many months before that starts but I wish I didn't have to...I told my ortho at my consult that I didn't want to end up wearing elastics and he smiled and just said "we'll see"... When he put the braces on, 3 brackets on both sides have hooks so I guess I am going to end up with them :(

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

ssfw

#5 Post by ssfw »

Hi gsx,

Congratulations that you begin to wear elastics so quickly! Most people don't begin to wear elastics so soon. Are the elastics to bring your lower teeth back? Your teeth are looking great. How long is your orthodontic treatment? What type of ortho correction needs to be done?

I currently have an expander to correct a crossbite and will be getting braces in a few months when the expander has done its job. I will have to wear elastics sometime during my orthodontic treatment to correct my overjet. It seems you have not had any problems with the elastics. Do you only remove them to eat? Is it easy to talk with elastics?

Keep us posted on your treatment.

ssfw
Quad-Helix expander: 1/20/06 - 1/16/07
Upper braces: 5/19/06; lower braces: 9/7/06

Braces removed: 8/19/08
Received retainer: 8/26/08 - wearing retainer 24 hours/day

Next appt.: 11/18/08

hannah164

#6 Post by hannah164 »

Congratulations! That is great news that you don't need to wear a TPA anymore! :D Hopefully the elastics will work their magic!

I can't believe you already got elastics after only 3 months!
:shock: You've made some aweosme progress! I'm actually kind of jealous though, I wish I would get elastics soon so we can finally start fixing my wacky bite, after 22 1/2 months! :? :oops:

Congrats and hope you see some more great progress!

~Hannah

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05
Last Adjustment: February 28, 2006 where they gave me a new bottom wire and attached my impacted canine, newly bracketed, to the wire! OUCH!

gsx

#7 Post by gsx »

Flora2006 wrote:"... When he put the braces on, 3 brackets on both sides have hooks so I guess I am going to end up with them :(
i think mostly of the brace wearers have hooks on their brackets, at least on 6 of them
ssfw wrote:"...Are the elastics to bring your lower teeth back?
Not only to bring the lower back but to bring the upper front. They work on "reciprocal" action, its supossed.
How long is your orthodontic treatment? What type of ortho correction needs to be done?
It's supposed to be 18 months. I had a maloclussion class 3 (my upper jaw closed behind the lower, as you can see on picture) I think it's called underbite

Do you only remove them to eat? Is it easy to talk with elastics?
The ortho said me at least to wear them when sleeping, but the more time the better, so I have decided to wear it the most of the time. It's the same talking with or without elastics, and nobody notices them, believe me.

Looking good gsx ... great changes and progress in a short time!
thanks KK, you're always so supportive!

Congratulations! That is great news that you don't need to wear a TPA anymore! Hopefully the elastics will work their magic!

I can't believe you already got elastics after only 3 months!
So this is good for my treatment? Cool!

stargirl

#8 Post by stargirl »

Hey! I just recently got a class III elastic on my right side...

I'm confused as to what it is trying to accomplish. Will it bring the upper teeth forward and bring the lower teeth back?

The plus side of this elastic configuration is that it's pretty hard to see it, compared to some of the crazy setups I've seen! :lol:

CLAmom

#9 Post by CLAmom »

gsk

Just wondering how those elastics are working out for you. I wasn't told at the start that I would be wearing these during my treatment but I'm convinced from reading this forum that I will have to. Has this changed your bite?

Ceramic upper & lower 2/22/06--3M Clarity

"Ever notice how instant gratification takes too long?"

gsx

#10 Post by gsx »

it has improved my bite more than I spected in only one week. My underbite is changing really fast to approach a "normal" situation