is anyone else getting braced in june?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

New to braces 45

#91 Post by New to braces 45 »

Getting braces with my son in one week! :tingrin: :tingrin:

Maggie Lou

#92 Post by Maggie Lou »

Just got my spacers today- June 11th... I get my braces June 21st. I had my extractions almost two weeks ago.. new to the site.. still terrified about this entire experience.

wwdia

#93 Post by wwdia »

I will be getting my nance and braced on June 26th. I just got fitted for the bands, another impression, bands removed and seperators put back in. 1st Bicuspid on right side will be removed this wed. I am super excited to walk around missing one tooth for 11 days before anything is put in my mouth.
Can you feel the sarcasm???????

fmjess

#94 Post by fmjess »

extractions done on June 1st
bracets went on June 4th, wire couldn't go in because it hurt too much!

wire goes in june 25th

I'm not very excited at all..... this is VERY painful and I have a feeling it's not going to get much better for a few months.

Mantis

#95 Post by Mantis »

I got my spacers last Wed and they are driving me nuts! This Wed they come out and I get molar bands, the week after my top row goes on. My ortho thinks I will get my bottom row by the end of summer :)

Mantis

#96 Post by Mantis »

Thanks Meryaten. I am pretty excited about this. I have been going back and forth on getting them for about 4-5 years. On an impulse a couple of months ago I scheduled a consultation with a highly reccomended ortho and the next thing I know I am getting braces.

breda206

#97 Post by breda206 »

I got my braces yesterday, top row and and archwire and just the brackets for the bottom row. I have to wait for the orthodontist to send a referral letter to my dentist to extract one tooth and then go back to orthodontist to put the archwire on bottom.

None of my teeth meet, only no.3 hits the molar band of no.30.
Ah well. :(

I just keep telling myself it won't last long....

artsyalice

#98 Post by artsyalice »

Mantis, that's kind of how it happened for me too! I've avoided it for years, got a good ortho recommendation, went in for consult and holy crap, I have braces!

wwdia

#99 Post by wwdia »

I second the notion that those damn spacers hurt like crap. This is my 3rd week in them and I still have to go till the 26th. My teeth are tight, VERY tight!!!
By then those bands should slide on like a glove!!!
Lucky me
Have a pleasent day everyone!!!
Thanks for letting me whine :cry: :cry:

jjwhite06

Pain

#100 Post by jjwhite06 »

Hi everyone. I'm new here. Got my braces on June 7th. I have ceramics on top and metal on bottom. Just wondering if anyone else is still having pain. I havent been able to chew and my teeth a always throbbing. Is this normal?
Thanks

jjwhite06

#101 Post by jjwhite06 »

Thanks Meryaten. Today actually feels a little better.

Lil Sunshine

#102 Post by Lil Sunshine »

Got my forth molar band on today and the upper braces. Get my lowers on next Wednesday.

So far I am doing fine. No pain, no aches and I managed to eat lasagna for supper.

Mantis

#103 Post by Mantis »

I got my molar bands on today. I had upper and lower molar bands put on, they went on much easier than I thought. They feel so strange in my mouth and I cant stop touching them with my tounge. I accidently bit my orthos finger while he was putting them on :oops: I didnt bite him hard and I imagine that is just part of the territory... Next Wed is the big B-day

Genie

#104 Post by Genie »

I got my upper arch braced on June 2nd and its about 12 days since braced. I still can't bite well (but I still eat normal food... just chew even though my bite is not even). Only the first molars of my right side touch. The weird thing is- since the upper teeth are loose and the lower not braced yet, my upper first molar sway to one side when I bite down so that the left side can touch as well... it looks terrifying to me! I keep worrying that tooth will get damaged everytime I bite :(