my ortho NEVER asks me!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

venusasaboy

my ortho NEVER asks me!

#1 Post by venusasaboy »

Well i'm going on friday and I wanted to get colors for once but my ortho never ever ever asks me if I want to change colors, they just figure i want the silver and then white on bottom and i don't know when to ask them and i don't even know what colors we have!! but i wanted something really cute because i have clear braces on top and metal on bottom and i was wondering if anybody had a picture of rainbow ligs on clear braces? but i am SO SO SCARED of actually doing colors. I think i'll chicken out. I've looked through all the posts here on ceramic braces and colors and stuff and I was wondering if anybody had any other pictures of what colors they've done and such because i was thinking of doing baby blue on top but i don't want it to look strange..ahh i'm totally stressing out over nothing!please help!!!
I'm going to have braces forever :[

nimo

#2 Post by nimo »

There's a website (unfortunately I don't know the url) that shows you exactly what braces look like with different colors (even with alternating colors, or different colors on different sides). I'm sure someone knows the site I'm talking about.

Jules

#3 Post by Jules »

Does anyone know what color ligs would complement slightly yellow stained teeth? I know the right lipstick color can make your teeth look whiter but what color ligs???

ELASTICS ARE THE EVILEST THINGS IN THE WORLD!!!

Gel

#4 Post by Gel »

KK wrote:Forgot to include a link to a colour chart. There's several out there ... but this is one I sometimes play with. Some ortho's have heaps of colours and others very few ... but it's fun playing just in case ... :banana:

http://www.bracesonline.com/elastics.html
That is so fun. Thanks for the insight!

It is better to aim for the stars and land in a tree than to aim for a tree and land in the mud.
Gel

jenns91civic

#5 Post by jenns91civic »

Wow, my ortho assistants always asked "what colors do you want" right after the ortho did his thing and told them what to do. If I didn't know, they'd hand me a keyring with samples of all the colors on them and let me pick. Ask if they can show you what colors they have and explain that you'd like to be brave and try some color. It shouldn't be any sort of problem.

My teeth are kinda yellowy but I never really thought about what colors make them whiter. Darker colors looked better on me so I went with reds and blues a lot. I had all metal though...
Paramedic student

Full Braces (all metal) 5/12/1999 - 4/20/2005
Class II (overjet) on the left only
Upper and Lower Hawleys

johnnys_angel

#6 Post by johnnys_angel »

At first my ortho didn't even mention colors, but I saw others coming and going from their office with rainbow braces! So I asked, and they said that they didn't have colors for damon brackets, but that they would order some. And sure enough, next appt. they said "we have your colors in, which do you want?" Just ask them! The worst they can say is "no"
As for stained teeth, Pink or Baby Blue has looked good on every single person I've seen, so perhaps they would be fine. I don't really think you should worry too much about what looks good with stained teeth, because this is just for fun :D
Damon 2's top and bottom, BRACED 02/22/04 and REMOVED 08/29/05. Now in bonded retainers (top and bottom) :4 wisdom teeth surgically removed on 12/22/05:

Yayme!

#7 Post by Yayme! »

I'm getting braced in a few weeks and still havent decided what color to get. I would actually like to see what silver ligs look like on ceramic brackets. Does anybody have pics? And is it true that they dont stain?

Thanks!

Qtgirl

#8 Post by Qtgirl »

Hey Venusasaboy, I agree with everyone when they say to ask for it. Maybe your ortho assumed that you wont want any color ligs being that you have ceramics on top. Just let your ortho know as soon as you sit in the chair that you want to try some color ligs--and Im sure he/she will be like "no problem, what color do you want".

By the way, baby blue is the cutest color Ive tried so far :D

Yayme!

#9 Post by Yayme! »

Thanks for the info Maryaten!

AustinWired

#10 Post by AustinWired »

I only did colors twice- once pink and once light blue. The blue was the best. They actually made my teeth look whiter, and they didn't change colors at all. I was worried that they might turn green.

The pink ones were okay, but I was told on the first day that it looked like I had chewed up one of those pink tablets that stick to your plaque so you know where you need to brush. (That was my boss speaking...the wife of a dentist!) Needless to say, I didn't get pink again after that.
Braced 1/27/2005
De-Braced 12/5/2005
Ceramic brackets, now in Essix retainers!

venusasaboy

#11 Post by venusasaboy »

this is me with silver ligs on clear braces...which is the best color to get cause it doesn't stain or look funny. i think people look funny with the clear or white ligs on ceramic braces..it makes them look like..chunky or something haha!

[Sorry, the Admin thinks that your photo was a little too revealing and inappropriate for the message board, so it was deleted from this post]
I'm going to have braces forever :[

Jules

#12 Post by Jules »

If you click on my www you can see purple on stained teeth ... apart from it being my favourite colour ... I do really love it on my teeth!
KK: Thanks for the pic! I really am leaning toward purple. I just hope it doesn't shock my corporate world bosses and co-workers too much!

ELASTICS ARE THE EVILEST THINGS IN THE WORLD!!!

Yayme!

#13 Post by Yayme! »

thanks for the pic venusasaboy. I think silver on ceramic look good!

KJM

#14 Post by KJM »

I always get asked what color I want. We have a business trip coming up in January so I got silver ligs this time and the assistant told me that I was being "boring" LOL She wanted me to get red and green.
I got a light blue last time and I thought it made my teeth more yellow looking than the silver but I think that it was the shade of blue that I choose.
I say go ahead and ask, and pick what you like. I mean hey, have fun with it!! If you like purple then go with purple!
~*~ Kim ~*~

Next Appointment #14: Feb 26,2007

Ledatru

#15 Post by Ledatru »

You took a picture of yourself naked?

Well I always get clear for mine, never tried any other color. My dentist says, "Ha, typical boy! All boys choose clear."
Ledatru